rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
The Mighty Ash

Max Payne 3 - Join the crew!

Good game but not a Max Payne game. I was late to the party playing this, and it felt like it didn't belong with the previous games. 

New york city. Late night, snow = max payne. 

Instead it was sunny shirts and max wondering round airports. 

The flashbacks were crammed in after the reaction to the first trailer. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Stevedave said:

Good game but not a Max Payne game. I was late to the party playing this, and it felt like it didn't belong with the previous games. 

New york city. Late night, snow = max payne. 

Instead it was sunny shirts and max wondering round airports. 

The flashbacks were crammed in after the reaction to the first trailer. 

Are you for real? Max running around airports? You mean that ONE TIME that it happened in the game, when THAT music kicks in, that thinking about still gives me goosebumps to this day? That part? 

I see...

• Upvote 5

18 minutes ago, Fusty Gusset said:

^I accept both opinions.

This thread bump has rekindled my interest - is the PC version worth grabbing?

Absolutely! Still looks amazing!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Simmy said:

Are you for real? Max running around airports? You mean that ONE TIME that it happened in the game, when THAT music kicks in, that thinking about still gives me goosebumps to this day? That part? 

I see...

That was an awesome moment but as a Max Payne game it was way left field. Same with wondering round a favela in a hawaiian shirt or the boat part. 

I enjoyed the lot, but they needed to make it a different IP or something. 

f916e2c7aa6b45018c2251793514e907.jpg

This is the Max Payne we wanted. Squinty faced cop fighting the italian mob. 

• Downvote 1

I think the divide with the Max Payne series is like that of the Resi crowd; some people want the old style (1-3) others preferred 4. Both are great but I've always thought when you move so far away from the original you might as well start a new ip.

1 minute ago, Stevedave said:

I think the divide with the Max Payne series is like that of the Resi crowd; some people want the old style (1-3) others preferred 4. Both are great but I've always thought when you move so far away from the original you might as well start a new ip.

On the other hand, if you handle it carefully you can use existing IP to reduce the risk of launching something a bit more original, like Nintendo do. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Pob said:

On the other hand, if you handle it carefully you can use existing IP to reduce the risk of launching something a bit more original, like Nintendo do. 

That's true, but I think you've got all the lore to contend with in certain games which usually results in a divide in fanbase e.g. resi, this, mgs. 

Nintendo has more flexibility because they stick to basics; every game is like a rewritten version of the original. Maybe that's the way forward as it'd satisfy both fanbases. 

21 hours ago, Stevedave said:

That was an awesome moment but as a Max Payne game it was way left field. Same with wondering round a favela in a hawaiian shirt or the boat part. 

This ain't 2001 anymore. It had to evolve - MP3 was the evolution of that, old man in a tropical shirt battering the fuck out of people. Brilliance. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Stevedave said:

that's what got him 'retired' to south America in the first place, duh!