IGNORED

The iOS gaming thread

Scog

Ok, bejewled 2, action mode, my best score is 700k level 7 but one things always bugged me.

If just purposely stay at lower levels surely I'd be able to build up an unlimited score?

Would that be right? I haven got the patience to test the theory

I mentioned this a few weeks ago. From what I can see, the game is broken - because as you say, you can purposefully stay on the lower, easier levels to build up your score.

I've played a little Uniwar, which so far is a pretty sweet turn based game. Cheap too at the moment at £0.59. Anyway, I got it a couple of days back, and just registered online as Poet if anyone fancies a game.

So an EU version of Scrabble is out. £5.99! :P

That's not too bad - I mean, how much are the DS versions? Even the old one would cost more.

Scrabble is my most-played iPhone game by far, and I've been playing a dodgy version all this time (which loses all of my stats every time I update the iPhone software - arghh!). It looks great, plays very well on the iPhone and it's a perfect 'pick up and play' game.

The Scrabble price seems like a lot because we've become conditioned to low prices in general on the App Store.

If a particular app is good enough, then it's easily worth the price; as Paulando said, £6 for a DS version would be regarded as a steal.

Personally, I think I'll leave it on my snipe list for the time being - but if they get it back up on UK Facebook again (presumably a realistic possibility, if they've managed to sort the rights issues on the iPhone) and link it up like the US version, I'll buy is straight away and start losing games to all you rllmukers.

If you have any interest in pinball or you fancy giving it a go - Wild West Pinball has just gone down to 59p.

I've been playing it for a couple of weeks and it's great. Has online high scores and is bloody addictive. The physics are spot on.

Is there anything like Advance Wars for the iphone/touch? I'm seriously considering laying down the readies for one rather than a DSi (I have already have a lite). I just can't ignore how cheap the games are any longer, and there's loads of storage or course.

Is there anything like Advance Wars for the iphone/touch? I'm seriously considering laying down the readies for one rather than a DSi (I have already have a lite). I just can't ignore how cheap the games are any longer, and there's loads of storage or course.

That Uniwar that Poet posted about earlier is getting there. Haven't really explored it yet but the basic game is in there for sure.

Not loving Uniwar I'm sad to say, it seems pretty dull combat and tactics wise. I'll give it more of a go though as I've only played for an hour or two. Although it's spamming me with email invites to games I haven't joined which is a pain in the hole.

Found a decent offline chess game to play while waiting for Chess With Friends moves - iChess. It's only 59p and the AI isn't totally impossible to beat (at least on the easiest setting...).

Question: how come this gaming revolution is always named as "iPhone games" rather than "iPod Touch games"? An iPhone costs at least £500, but you can get an iPod Touch for £150. Nearly all apps work identically on both, right? So why do websites and magazines always have an "iPhone games" section?

This nomenclature caused me to totally ignore "iPhone games" for a long time. I'd see an article about "iPhone games" and think, "Fuck that, I'm not a rich person who can afford an iPhone..." It took until just recently to learn that the iPod Touch runs the same apps, and is therefore quite an affordable games console.

Excuse my ignorance. I've totally ignored iPods for all these years -- I always used Creative for mp3 players. But now I'm seeing a lot of hype for the iPhone/Touch as a handheld games console. I must admit, it would be great to have an mp3/video/PDA/games device all in one, and it looks sexy as hell.

Of course I can't afford it. I'd only be able to afford the 8GB Touch... which wouldn't hold even half of my music. Not worth investing in this brand if it can't be my primary mp3 player. Oh well.

'iPhone Games' rolls of the tongue better.

Anyway, Drop7 is an excellent twist on the brick puzzle game genre. You match the number on a ball to the number of balls in columns/rows to clear the balls. It's hard to explain, (the game designer describes it as "Tetris meets Sudoku", which isn't really correct), but the concept is simple to get a hold of once you start playing. Highly recommended!

Yeah, iPhone is a bit catchier than iPod Touch.

But neither is a games console. Ignoring the phone aspect, they're both flash mp3/aac/video players, with a web browser, email and wifi, and have access to the Apple App Store - and also happen to run games, most of which are a bit crap.

Yeah, iPhone is a bit catchier than iPod Touch.

But neither is a games console. Ignoring the phone aspect, they're both flash mp3/aac/video players, with a web browser, email and wifi, and have access to the Apple App Store. They also happen to play games, most of which are a bit crap.

'iPhone Games' rolls of the tongue better.

Anyway, Drop7 is an excellent twist on the brick puzzle game genre. You match the number on a ball to the number of balls in columns/rows to clear the balls. It's hard to explain, (the game designer describes it as "Tetris meets Sudoku", which isn't really correct), but the concept is simple to get a hold of once you start playing. Highly recommended!

Yeah, Drop 7 is excellent, although it's been mention before/a lot. I only play Hardcore Mode now though, as I prefer a quick game.

Puzze Prism is also superb.

Drop7 has become my most played game by far, I've lost hours to it. Got 360,000 in hardcore yesterday which was a personal best :wub:

Not really been finding much else of note recently, I fancy something new but nothing has been grabbing me.