The iOS gaming thread

According to the free app hero twitter feed King Cashing is free at the moment. It's an endless stream of rpg fights. There are items and levelling up but all the fights are done on a slot machine. As you progress you earn more and more ways to tweak the odds in the fight game. It's a little tough at first but eventually it gets very satisfying. Very big on that one more go thing.

http://www.kingcashing.com/

Great game, cheers for that. Also funny to read that the guy made it after playing Game Dev Story and releasing a slot machine / RPG hybrid game in that and then thinking "Hmm... that's not a bad idea actually..." :)

its the sort of game that makes people think you've contracted ameobic dysentery as I must have spent over an hour locked in the traps at work yesterday trying to beat the daily Slingo challenge score. I don't even like bingo or fruit machines.

According to the free app hero twitter feed King Cashing is free at the moment. It's an endless stream of rpg fights. There are items and levelling up but all the fights are done on a slot machine. As you progress you earn more and more ways to tweak the odds in the fight game. It's a little tough at first but eventually it gets very satisfying. Very big on that one more go thing.

http://www.kingcashing.com/

Argh it really bugs me but I've gotten drawn into this, it's just a fruit machine ffs!! :lol:

It's brilliant though. I've finished it (more or less- not going to go for golds on everything) but really liked the bonus and weapon system. Yeah, it's a fruit machine, but there were some tactics in there. Mind you, everyone I know who plays real fruit machines says the same thing... :unsure:

New Cave shmup Bug Princess is out for 3 quid: http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/bug-princess/id455202208?mt=8&ls=1

It's great on an iPad as it's the first time Cave have done a proper universal app for a games launch, and playing it full screen without the touch area visible is nice.

However they've completely misjudged the difficulty. For example on the PCB I had difficulty reaching Stage 3 consistently, and when I did I wouldn't last very long. Playing this on Normal difficulty and I cleared it without continuing quite easily. Cave's iOS games do tend to be easier than the console or arcade versions because of both the touch screen and allowances for collision detection, but this went beyond that. It turns out that game doesn't even give you the original bullet patterns unless you put the difficulty on "Hell", which is a ridiculous choice. If you want to make the game easier for beginners and people who want an easy life, then give "Novice" or "Normal". Not four levels of difficulty and only one of them reflects the original game! The whole point of Original is that it throws fast bullets at you rather than a fixed position on screen, if the game doesn't do that then it's not really Mushi. I wouldn't mind so much if they didn't include scores from all difficulties combined in the leaderboads, much like DDPR, it makes them largely useless.

The other thing that sticks out is the apparent absence of laser mode/alternate shot, which will have an impact on Maniac mode.

It's still enjoyable, but it means there is still no proper home conversion of this wonderful game. The ps2 version has its own problems and the lack of a 360 port is a concern.

Beeen waiting for this to come down in price. How is it? It certainly looks amazing. Someone earlier in the thread compared it to X-Com, I think, but I doubt it's that good surely.

It's ok just really needs a storyline instead of the daily missions affairs which use the same arena's and a randon set of similar missions.

For 69p is much better some some other crap I have purchased.

King Cashing has toppled all of Kairosoft's games for that 'absorb every single second of ever single day' feeling. I literally cannot stop playing it whenever I get the chance. Currently on playthrough number 4, trying to beat the Dragon King in under 60 turns. On my second save game I'm trying to gold star everything, but it's proving more difficult than I thought for some of them. This is possibly one of my games of the year!

Noticed that there was an Assassin's Creed game yesterday & I've bought it for my iPad, it looked ok from the screenshots & for 69p it seemed worth a punt.

Its not half bad, like most card games, it has many in-app purchase options for increasing your deck but it is possible for you to earn cash / cards by playing the story mode, although obviously much slower.

Its a bit complicated to start with, although the tutorial is pretty useful but it is bloody hard. I'm only four or five real mission in & the AI has no problem with absolutely crushing you, a lot of the time with cards you don't have access to yet.

It doesn't seem like its linked to GameCenter but it does have online multiplayer, real-time rather than turn based so if anyone else has this & fancies a game, let me know.

However they've completely misjudged the difficulty. For example on the PCB I had difficulty reaching Stage 3 consistently, and when I did I wouldn't last very long. Playing this on Normal difficulty and I cleared it without continuing quite easily.

You're not wrong. I don't usually 1cc a Cave game on my first go, iOS or not, but this was a doddle on Normal. Maniac mode is much more like it, much denser bullet patterns and I love it when Cave throw massive gold multiplier numbers at me.

It's a lovely looking game either way and part of my brain still thinks 'It's a Cave shmup on a phone' and boggles a little bit.