IGNORED

The iOS gaming thread

Scog

Has anyone been playing the new Ravensword game? Lovely game engine but fuck me it's impossible. Two quests to start me out. I can either go recover a stolen shipment from goblins or follow the main quest through a troll cave to get some magic water. If I take the goblins 5 of them jump me at once and I'm dead in seconds. Go through the cave and a single troll kills me in seconds. If I defend I just take lots of damage instead of all of it.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Chaos Rings II by Squaresoft is reduced in price today. Anyone played it? Is it any good? I've not played the first one, will that be a problem?

Its well um okay - very pretty certainly and the plot of the second one is better than either I or Omega but all three of the games are a very grindy RPGs with a half decent battle system.

Enjoyable enough if you like that sort of thing but not really FF or DQ quality. It is the best of the 3 titles though.

The World Ends With You is down to £8.99.

Yes, down to £8.99. Umming and arring. It's meant to be good right? I probably won't play it on the DS, though I'm worried about how well it'll play on the iPhone.

I had to re-read that. Down from what, exactly? :ph34r:

I did enjoy the DS game though so I'm tempted... :facepalm:

This is pretty major, I'd think:

Wordament just came out on iOS, for free. It's a game where you have two minutes to find words on a board, and the thing is that everyone playing at the same time has the same board/time limit so no matter when you load it, you just need two minutes to compete with people. Then it shows you leaderboards for a minute or so and then kicks to the next round.

It has Xbox achievements, and your Xbox friends list. On iOS! They seem different to the Windows Phone achievements though, for some reason. But still, 50GS for free if you're good.

You're not alone! We're looking into ways of making the difficulty curve a bit less harsh, while keeping the puzzles satisfying. The time/move limits later on are particularly evil.

Having multiple levels open to choose from at any time might help too, so you can go away and try a different level if one is stumping you.

I've got to a level where you complete a small room, then you move onto the next phase within the same level and the spiders keep chasing me and I can't get through the third phase in time.

Since today's Ravensword 2 patch I'm no longer getting spanked by everything in a couple of hits and it's turned into a really good game. Well worth a punt if you like third person RPGs.

This is me in the Meadowlands on an iPad mini (Reduced texture resolution)

8298306604_638428907e_c.jpg

Automatic iCloud save syncing too in case you switch platforms.

iPhone 5 shot in the same place

8298315318_af3e79aa59_c.jpg

I've got to a level where you complete a small room, then you move onto the next phase within the same level and the spiders keep chasing me and I can't get through the third phase in time.

Yeah, that one stumped me for a while.

If you're not doing so already, remember that...

You can move multiple blocks at the same time

...which can win you some time in one of the phases.

Since today's Ravensword 2 patch I'm no longer getting spanked by everything in a couple of hits and it's turned into a really good game. Well worth a punt if you like third person RPGs.

This is me in the Meadowlands on an iPad mini (Reduced texture resolution)

8298306604_638428907e_c.jpg

Automatic iCloud save syncing too in case you switch platforms.

iPhone 5 shot in the same place

8298315318_af3e79aa59_c.jpg

That looks impressive. Will have to investigate further.

Anyone played Galactic Phantasy? Seems to have a range of mixed reviews for an Elite style game. I tried Galaxy on Fire but the battle stuff was just minging for me.

Also Bastion just.... wtf? Its better than its console counterparts! I played it to death on 360 but its a joy to go back through with touch controls.