IGNORED

The iOS gaming thread

Scog

Wordament is brilliant when it works but I'm finding it crash a fair bit and struggle to log me in to my Xbox account.

After listening to Giant Bomb, I downloaded the You Don’t Know Jack game. It's free, costs you if you want to play a few times per day but it's fun enough. There are some game-breaking perks for you to buy but that only counts if you care about the other 5 people you're playing against, as they're things like 10% score boost. If you don't care about your place in the list of the 6 playing, it's fine.

Wordament is brilliant when it works but I'm finding it crash a fair bit and struggle to log me in to my Xbox account.

After listening to Giant Bomb, I downloaded the You Don’t Know Jack game. It's free, costs you if you want to play a few times per day but it's fun enough. There are some game-breaking perks for you to buy but that only counts if you care about the other 5 people you're playing against, as they're things like 10% score boost. If you don't care about your place in the list of the 6 playing, it's fine.

Problem with Wordament servers today, their twitter says. Hopefully fixed soon - my other half loves it!

For a laugh i tried playing Wordament in another language. I picked Swedish (I know no Swedish). I came 11th out of 59 playing against Swedes.

post-2656-0-73183500-1356769082_thumb.jp

In English, the best I've done is 97% (ie top 3%). The very best people are definitely a level or two in skill about me though.

Starting playing a game called Space Agency last night. It's a space program sim basically, you build and launch rockets, manoeuvre about, and I imagine the last few missions will be going to the moon and so on. It's bafflingly hard at times, I'm only on the first mission after the training and I still can't figure out how to complete the mission in the allotted time but it's very very addictive.

Edit: actually, you know what - it's too hard altogether. I did the first one, but the second mission (dock with a satellite) is just about impossible. It gets boring after 5+ attempts, each one taking 2 minutes just to get into space to get a chance to dock.

the drought is over and new stuff is coming back through the pipes

hundreds seems very nice and comes highly recommended on touch arcade, novel puzzle game where you touch balls to make them bigger and have to get a score of 100 on each screen, quite compelling

ios has more modes and complexity but you get the idea with the free flash game

http://www.newground...tal/view/540694

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=172792

Starting playing a game called Space Agency last night. It's a space program sim basically, you build and launch rockets, manoeuvre about, and I imagine the last few missions will be going to the moon and so on. It's bafflingly hard at times, I'm only on the first mission after the training and I still can't figure out how to complete the mission in the allotted time but it's very very addictive.

Edit: actually, you know what - it's too hard altogether. I did the first one, but the second mission (dock with a satellite) is just about impossible. It gets boring after 5+ attempts, each one taking 2 minutes just to get into space to get a chance to dock.

That looks like a rather poor rip-off of Kerbal Space Program https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/

Anyone considering buying Bastion as it's cheap today, it will only work on iPhone 4S devices or later, not on iPhone 4 - but it will let you pay for and download it! :angry:

Admittedly, the App description does state this, but I didn't read it - as it was discounted I immediately hit "buy". I knew that this can happen (because apparently you can't set up which devices your app will work with on the store), but I had hoped it had been sorted with the coming of iOS6.

How's that 10-year iPhone ownership plan working out then?

In other news, I have found an iOS game which isn't balls and that I enjoy playing - Scribblenauts Remix! Insanity abounds as you do the usual Scribblenauts shuffle and create giant flying whales, Cthulu's made from rice, and monkeys with shotguns. Excellent fun and only 7kr, which is a fucking steal compared to the upcoming 3DS version.

The Simpsons Tapped Out updated with new wintery graphics and Christmas tasks...

...and locked players out. Had to delete the app and reinstall through the App Store. Fortunately I did not lose any progress, but some users are reporting they have lost levels and paid-for donuts.

finally got this myself, if anyone is playing it : Duds_2k on Origin.