IGNORED

The iOS gaming thread

Scog

Yeah I only just made it to 60 or so seconds.

I've been playing Hundreds, but I can't seem to get past level 21. It always seems to restart me at level 20, and I have to complete that again in order to get to 21. Is there something I'm missing?

It's the same for me. It was looping on level 41, so I deleted and reinstalled... now I'm stuck on 21.

Apparently the android happy street has been fixed so flooz is the main thrust of it all again. Glad they seem to be using android as a testing ground :)

Yeah, apparently they're keeping Flooz awards the same as they were and increasing the cost of premium stuff by 1.5x, so everything's gonna cost more. I'll still probably hold off updating until I can't fit any more premium stuff on my street!

IAPs are gonna get you more Flooz for the money, too.

Might & Magic Clash of Heroes is out for iPad and iPhone. It has asynchronous multiplayer which should be great but they've elected to use landscape, an odd decision for the iPad - wilfully perverse for an iPhone5. Controls are a bit clumsy too, removing your units is hilariously convoluted now. At least load times are an improvement on the 360 version.

Whilst the landscape display doesn't bother me too much, nor the method for removing a unit, the touch control for the latter is a bit unrepsonsive, particulary with any kind of movement (really struggled on the bus today). However, the game passed me by on the DS and 360, and I'm really enjoying it on iPad. If anyone fancies a 2P game, my GC tag is Jashin.

Having spent a bit more time with it - it's also a big buggy mess. I've had constant game freezes and crashes. Just had to uninstall from my iphone as it would hang on Cloud sync every single time I tried to open the app. Multiplayer is meant to be an unmitigated clusterfuck in that regard. I'd wait till they patch.

Re: portrait/landscape you should take a look at the DS original to see how much better it works in portrait.

Having spent a bit more time with it - it's also a big buggy mess. I've had constant game freezes and crashes. Just had to uninstall from my iphone as it would hang on Cloud sync every single time I tried to open the app. Multiplayer is meant to be an unmitigated clusterfuck in that regard. I'd wait till they patch.

Re: portrait/landscape you should take a look at the DS original to see how much better it works in portrait.

I was saying recently that it is a perfect game for mobiles/tablets and yet they decide to screw it up by going landscape instead of portrait. Idiots.

Whilst the landscape display doesn't bother me too much, nor the method for removing a unit, the touch control for the latter is a bit unrepsonsive, particulary with any kind of movement (really struggled on the bus today).

Try picking up a cheap touch pad pen from eBay. Rubber tipped and about 99p on eBay. I did for Baldur's Gate which is incredibly fiddly to play and it worked a treat, much more responsive begin the nub is much smaller than any finger.

To get round the Cloud Sync problem, don't tap to skip the developer/publisher splash screens at the start. Don't touch the screen until it asks you to. On both my iPhone 4S and iPad 3 it'll hang if I skip them but works every single time I don't. It's a brilliant, brilliant game on the iPad (I haven't tried multiplayer yet) but borderline unplayable on the iPhone.

Anyone recommend me some car/driving games please?

Ridge Racer Accelerated. By far my favourite racer on the app store and about as arcadey as it gets.