The iOS gaming thread

Scog

Dumb Ways To Die is a very fun game. It's Warioware Smooth Moves for iOS, and it's free.

The song you unlock is brilliant!

It's really good game, although not as good as warioware, hopefully more mini games to come in future updates, seems a bit thin on the ground just now.

Dumb Ways To Die is a very fun game. It's Warioware Smooth Moves for iOS, and it's free.

The song you unlock is brilliant!

It's really good game, although not as good as warioware, hopefully more mini games to come in future updates, seems a bit thin on the ground just now.

Guys, I'm looking for an iPad game with some depth. Not a town building or owt.

Something new, so not FFT.

I'd happily get into an MMO...any ideas?

By all accounts Warhammer Quest will be out soon.

And apparently it's a good conversion.

I am excite.

Loving dungeon plunder. The combat mechanic is a slot machine. You spin once, hold anything you like and then spin again to make an attack. As you progress you get extra abilities unlocked that you can trigger. Feels slow at first but once you figure out the mechanics for each class it's fast as fuck and rather bizarrely total zone gaming.

The classes all seem to fight differently too. It's very pleasant.

n669tQb.png

axiSQ2F.png

The Phoenix Wright trilogy's now due to arrive on May 30. The first game will be $5.99, following installments will be $6.99, and the full trilogy is $16.99.

CapcomUnity

Sounds pricey, but then I paid £30 for each of the DS games... :hmm:

I already have the first on IOS. Does this mean I have to buy that again if I want to get 2 and 3?

It was so depressing with the rain today that I splashed out on Rootwork. This is a simple matching card game which I liken a bit to a SP UNO - predominantly luck based but needing a bit of skill and decision taking from time to time. The idea is that you have to guide a character out of a forest by overcoming obstacles, in order to reach specific destinations which you also have to clear by matching. - Match the 3 destinations your particular character requires and you escape. If you run out of time or lose too many lives you fail, eithwr way each game is pretty quick. The real star of the game though is the forest itself, since as you keeping plugging away you gradually unlock little artwork based audio clips which fill in the backstory of the most significant obstacles you encounter, who turn out to be characters who have been trapped in the forest by various nefarious means.

Not pretending this is anything at all sophisticated or complex game wise but the artwork and sound design are good and it's a nice little "wait for the pasta to cook" game.

Warhammer Quest is out now. I'd post impressions, but still waiting for it to download :(

It's rubbish. I was expecting a cool gauntlet/baldurs gate dark alliance game.........but you have no direct haptic feedback over your characters, and you can't see that far in front of you because if the godawful draw-distance, which is a limitation in the graphics engine.

Really disappointed.

I wish EA would port Ultima 5, 6 and 7 to iOS

I'd heard KOTOR is incoming. I would like to see conversions of all the classic RPGs, up to say FFX, i.e those which don't require large scale 3D exploration. They just work so well in this format.

(I know FF up to V is there but i did those on the DS/ PSP, Bards tale which I keep meaning to get, and several older games but tha still leaves a lot of scope).

It's rubbish. I was expecting a cool gauntlet/baldurs gate dark alliance game.........but you have no direct haptic feedback over your characters, and you can't see that far in front of you because if the godawful draw-distance, which is a limitation in the graphics engine.

Really disappointed.

Had you played Hunters/Hunters 2?

Conversely seems great to me, only had a short play this morning but hoping to put some more in this evening. Only thing I don't like is the IAP prices, extra class ones seem high to me

Really disappointed.

Why were you expecting Gauntlet/Baldur's Gate? It's an iOS port of a board game that's been entirely purported to be exactly that, with refinements. To deliver it as Gauntlet or Baldur's Gate would have been to entirely miss the point.

The god-awful draw distance isn't a limitation of the engine, either - it's a core mechanic of the game. Adventurers must always be in an adjacent tile to the "leader", or they get lost in the darkness of the dungeon - a darkness held back by the lantern the leader carries. The party makes a choice by each doorway as to whether or not to advance and explore the next room, at which point a corridor or room is pulled through. In the event of the latter, an event takes place which often results in enemies appearing.

It's not entirely faithful to the boardgame, but it seems to be a pretty close rendition of it. I haven't played it enough to offer firm criticism, but I certainly wouldn't moan that it's failing to be something it never set out to be.

If anyone has played SW Kotor on iOS yet I would love to hear any impressions of the control method.

Would not want to drop £7 on this only to get frustrated and delete it 5 mins later. Thanks.

How much is kotor?

£6.99

IGN say it controls alright, but I've been stung too many times by reviews saying the latest touchscreen port of a controller orientated game is fine only to find playing it is like trying to have a wank wearing boxing gloves.

Yeah, I'm waiting for a few more impressions first. Still enjoying Rootwork (sounds like a dental sim app though) and about to fire up Warhammer.

Also, been reading in Edge about the Warcraft card game coming to iOS, it sounds rather tasty.