IGNORED

The iOS gaming thread

Scog

It's a similar thing with Rayman Origins/Legends, isn't it? Some people prefer the more traditional cartoonish style of the first game, rather than the subtler shadings of the second. It's like some people prefer the look of old-school animation to CGI. I personally think PvZ2 looks great, but I can understand why it's the other way round for some.

I rinsed Fairway Solitaire on my phone and then started playing through on iPad as it's got different courses. However the commentary seems different. I know it was divisive but I really liked the corny jokes between the 2 main commentators and that seems missing from the iPad one. Unless they just changed it as I was the only fan. Still a fantastic game though.

Down to the last 2 stars in the Egyptian area. Can't seem to deal with both a reduced area and a limited number of plants (not using zap obv).

I was quite pleased with my solution to the final Defense only area - l to r, 2 rows of boomerangs, 1 row nuts (3 central ones reinforced), then ice crystals in every other free space. Worked a dream.

Quick recommendation for Blackbar, a text adventure with a twist. It takes place in a dystopian future where all correspondence is monitored and you're receiving letters from a friend who's recently started a new job at the Department of Communications. Your job is basically to figure out what's behind those black bars. It's quite unforgiving - if you're stuck, you ain't going nowhere - though I found all but one of the puzzles to be entirely logical, and the story's quite gripping.

I picked up that Bad Piggies game when it was free, and I have to say it's just a delightful slice of gaming. Funny that Rovio are the face of the casual iPhone game market, it's a hardcore gamers' game and no mistake.

One thing I don't get though, what do the special powers do? I keep getting given them by the king in exchange for cake, I've nearly done all the vanilla levels and the road hogs, just the sandbox left really, and I haven't used any.

Anyone playing Football Chairman. It's great.

Very simple too, but so addictive, can blast through seasons. They're putting together a full version of it, with more interactions and stuff.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/football-chairman-lite/id652860066?mt=8

I have lost hours to this already. Currently on my second attempt to stay in League Two, god-damn fickle punters staying away when we're near the bottom of the league and costing me money!

Quick recommendation for Blackbar, a text adventure with a twist. It takes place in a dystopian future where all correspondence is monitored and you're receiving letters from a friend who's recently started a new job at the Department of Communications. Your job is basically to figure out what's behind those black bars. It's quite unforgiving - if you're stuck, you ain't going nowhere - though I found all but one of the puzzles to be entirely logical, and the story's quite gripping.

Just finished this - very ingenious and a cool design. I found one or two single words flummoxed me for a while because I was over thinking them but the phrases and puzzles came to me fairly easily.

Isabel has been updated to include the second act, here's hoping its not too buggy.

I have lost hours to this already. Currently on my second attempt to stay in League Two, god-damn fickle punters staying away when we're near the bottom of the league and costing me money!

I'm currently in League One, can't seem to get up though. I've spent the last few years improving the youth system and am starting to see the benefits.

Holy shit!!!! This is HUGE!!! Not sure if it was mentioned before but I just found out about this now and just did it:

1. Put a bunch of SNES roms in your Dropbox

2. Download Remote File Manager - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/remote-file-manager/id570412117?mt=8

3. Link the app with your Dropbox

4. Play SNES games by simply loading the rom in the file manager :o

It has an in-built hidden SNES emulator!!!! No need to jailbreak your phone!!!

StarFoxOniPhoneSmall_zpsd32ee78c.png

Holy shit!!!! This is HUGE!!! Not sure if it was mentioned before but I just found out about this now and just did it:1. Put a bunch of SNES roms in your Dropbox2. Download Remote File Manager - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/remote-file-manager/id570412117?mt=83. Link the app with your Dropbox4. Play SNES games by simply loading the rom in the file manager :oIt has an in-built hidden SNES emulator!!!! No need to jailbreak your phone!!!StarFoxOniPhoneSmall_zpsd32ee78c.png

What. The. Fun.

It works! It really works!

Its been around since 2012 and is done by the folks behind Evernote...so it looks good. Grab it while it's here.

Sure about that? The developer link reveals only a Pokedex and the author is listed under a single person. It also says ©Hackinsoft, which is not the most credible of names.

Sad thing is, I quite want it for the other functionality but given it seems to be on the App Store just to sneak an emulator on I don't trust it as far as I can throw it.