IGNORED

The iOS gaming thread

Scog

This is flipping hard! I just got my first one star on the points run, it practically gave me a heart attack.

Regarding the target run, the easy is...well...easy, but the medium seems a bit impossible on the phone without learning the target positions by trial and error.

This is flipping hard! I just got my first one star on the points run, it practically gave me a heart attack.

Regarding the target run, the easy is...well...easy, but the medium seems a bit impossible on the phone without learning the target positions by trial and error.

We're still assessing the target runs, we are conscious that there aren't as many levels as we originally planned so wanted to make it challenging so the game lasted longer but don't want it to be frustrating of course.

We can see there are loads of people progressing through the game but we also get messages from players about being stuck(one guy insisted we put a price on each level so he just play them all however he liked).

Maybe go find the Golden Balloon and get yourself to the next level that way :)

To be honest, I think I would pay for level advance. There is too much trial and error to advance, because as far as I can tell there is no indication of how many points get you how many stars, so having got one star, am I close to two? Or nowhere near it? I just don't know. And I want to fly the village! :quote:

You mention the golden balloon, I thought hat was a separate level that unlocked. Is it a target in the standard target runs?

Also, this game really needs an instant restart. Grinding through the screens after scraping your face after half a click gets a bit annoying.

To be honest, I think I would pay for level advance. There is too much trial and error to advance, because as far as I can tell there is no indication of how many points get you how many stars, so having got one star, am I close to two? Or nowhere near it? I just don't know. And I want to fly the village! :quote:

You mention the golden balloon, I thought hat was a separate level that unlocked. Is it a target in the standard target runs?

Also, this game really needs an instant restart. Grinding through the screens after scraping your face after half a click gets a bit annoying.

The information on how many points you need to get each star was a mistake that's been fixed in the latest update.

The golden balloon is a single balloon that's hidden within each level, you get a star for finding it. The fact that I'm having to explain it and you didn't know from playing the game is totally wrong and we'll get that fixed.

Instant replay: We did have an instant restart when we previously had a practice mode but that was removed to display game end information. I'll see if we could bring that back in.

Thanks for this feedback, it really helps.

Yes, that's just what it needs. Cheers for all the feedback Cheeko, loving the game...I think it could do with some sort of tutorial mode. I have found the stunts, but not sure how they affect score. This may be explained in game and I missed it though.

I like Wingsuit a lot. It could use some more guidance - I didn't realise what the "start" option was on the menu, or how to earn points. Or that I had to tap to jump, I thought the game froze. Maybe add a structured tutorial? Anyway, I like that the levels are fairly unstructured yet finite and clear. And the controls are lovely. The feedback in the way the guy moves is a good counterpoint to the swooping movement of the actual flight.

Tubular Balls is surprisingly unforgiving for a 4x4 match-4 game. A nice change of pace.

Thanks Alex, it's funny, as soon as you say this stuff I can see it and totally agree, but we've had such thorough feedback on Android, 3000 reviews plus emails sent to us, and none of these points have been mentioned.

We have had a lot of comments from people struggling with it without specifics on iOS specifically though. Maybe there is something to this Android or iOS type of person after all.

Our game gets pretty good exposure, we're now third in the 'New Strategy Game' category and second in the 'New Action Game' category on the App Store :) We're expecting to release version 1.1 later this week, which has Game Center support for leaderboards and some stats. Version 1.3 will probably feature iPad support, which we're working on now. It's interesting to see how many downloads we get daily, even with the limited/no publicity it got so far.

Gameplay video here:

Tubular Balls can be downloaded for free here: https://itunes.apple.com/bz/app/tubular-balls/id669358918?mt=8 (If you run out of free games you can unlock the full version for 69p/89c).

Our game gets pretty good exposure, we're now third in the 'New Strategy Game' category and second in the 'New Action Game' category on the App Store :) We're expecting to release version 1.1 later this week, which has Game Center support for leaderboards and some stats. Version 1.3 will probably feature iPad support, which we're working on now. It's interesting to see how many downloads we get daily, even with the limited/no publicity it got so far.

Gameplay video here:

Tubular Balls can be downloaded for free here: https://itunes.apple.com/bz/app/tubular-balls/id669358918?mt=8 (If you run out of free games you can unlock the full version for 69p/89c).

you should download the free version of reflector and get some proper video grabs - get some tunes in there too! - can give you a 2 minute puzzly mellow detroit style techno track for free if ya like....

I believe ad appearances are based on how much the company paid..
I'm really sorry about the ads, but it was the only way to bypass piracy and get a teenyweeny bit of revenue from people that just play it briefly - the minimum IAP will kill them all and you can play it as normal..
I wanted to just sell it at 99p or so, but the programmer who did it all and designed some incredible art and animation tools for potential profit share alone was fiercely F2P and I couldn't argue for all the amazing work he put in for potentially nothing, considering you can kill them for less than a quid is as fair as we could get... hope you find that a fair compromise...

you should download the free version of reflector and get some proper video grabs - get some tunes in there too! - can give you a 2 minute puzzly mellow detroit style techno track for free if ya like....

We're actually thinking of recording a proper viral style trailer and see if it takes off. It has to be hilarious though, so clearly I'm not the guy to write it.

I like the actual gameplay in wingsuit but the front end is really not good, if it wasn't somebody from here's game I suspect I'd have got frustrated and not bothered with it (which it was my son did) - which would be a shame as the actual game is really good, just needs to explain itself a bit more and make the front end a bit slicker.

I like the actual gameplay in wingsuit but the front end is really not good, if it wasn't somebody from here's game I suspect I'd have got frustrated and not bothered with it (which it was my son did) - which would be a shame as the actual game is really good, just needs to explain itself a bit more and make the front end a bit slicker.

Glad you're enjoying the game, can you elaborate on the specifics of what you're struggling with in the front end? We're going to add a playing guide that comes up the first time you play the game, and maybe have one of the instructions screens display when a level is loading, and cycle them so hopefully that will help with explaining the game.

Anything else you think we should take a look at?