IGNORED

The iOS gaming thread

Scog

You should make it 'FLY AGAIN?' And in a different colour. I wouldn't have noticed that as a button rather than a suggestion unless I'd just read it here, which I did.

Man, trying to get the golden balloon on the village is killing me :quote:

Glad you're enjoying the game, can you elaborate on the specifics of what you're struggling with in the front end? We're going to add a playing guide that comes up the first time you play the game, and maybe have one of the instructions screens display when a level is loading, and cycle them so hopefully that will help with explaining the game.

Anything else you think we should take a look at?

I find the menu's quite clunky and not that responsive for starters, the little triangles to move you left and right seem unresponsive and I didn't really know for starters why i was going left/right as didn't know what was there. Its also been mentioned that there are too many presses to get flying again if you crash out.

I also had no idea there were stunts til I read it here, or how to execute them, likewise the scoring seemed pretty opaque and the fact there was a balloon mode as well as a straight scoring one.

Not after a Nintendo style 30m guided tutorial but a few more pointers would be nice about what to be doing and how to score.

All that said do want to stress once in I love the pilotwings feel to the flying, its excellent.

868 hack is expensive and to be frank looks like turd. What it is though is an utterly tense as fuck and totally brutal Roguelike that is currently eating me alive and demanding one more go.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=202065

Thanks for recommending this. Downloaded it a few days back and I think it's my game of the year. The way the game forces you to balance abilities, resources and points is exquisite. You constantly have to make choices that will have repurcusions at some point, meaning every single choice is crucial.

I'm currently on my 4th streak run and the stakes are so high it's now just terrifying.

Just a heads up that Shadowrun returns is so far running well here for me, despite the large number of reviewers suggesting it is crash central. Mind you, there is still no quick save option, and I am not jumping out of it mid mission to open up another app, but playing in solid chunks. I also haven't taken the latest OS upgrade which might be significant. It's rather tasty, needless to say.

Iesabel has now been updated to include Act III, and the Warhammer expansion is apparently due too this week (when I plan to restart and use some different character types). Good times for iOS RPGers.

Edit: the lack of background music bug is present, but apparently a patch for this is in certification.

Edited by Cosmic_Guru

And I just did it!

High rise is terrifying.

Hehe, I'm really pleased with how that turned out, it was frustrating keeping it out of the trailer but we wanted the player to experience the launch on that level for the first time in the game.

I haven't actually seen the golden balloon on that level myself yet I don't think.

Anyone tried Shadowrun Returns? Worth picking up?

Err, see post from a little earlier. I'm enjoying it although I didn't play the original, and doubtless a lot of detail is going over my head. Combat is a bit Xcom like, and the game is well suited to the pad. Playing as a female Elf decker, no idea if this is a wise choice or not.

Only just found out dungeonkeeper is coming to iOS ... Woohoo

Then read a hands on ... F2p? Timers? Oh bugger

http://toucharcade.com/2013/10/02/hands-on-with-dungeon-keeper-the-classic-dungeon-builder-is-revamped-for-mobile/

I love the game so will try it on release but I doubt it'll touch the originals

Finally! Been waiting for a re-release of this for years, ever since the DS first came out I've thought it would be perfect on a touch screen handheld.

And then I read it's all timers and IAPs :( I would have been perfectly happy paying a decent price for this outright, why does it have to be ruined with crap free to play stuff.

Finally! Been waiting for a re-release of this for years, ever since the DS first came out I've thought it would be perfect on a touch screen handheld.

And then I read it's all timers and IAPs :( I would have been perfectly happy paying a decent price for this outright, why does it have to be ruined with crap free to play stuff.

Precisely , I would've paid a decent whack for it but not enough of us will I assume. It's a shame as the impressions there make it sound great and it would fit a touchscreen interface...

The originals are hamstrung by rubbish fixed/limited resolutions on PC as I recall...so another franchise lost...

I keep reading that the market for paid-up-front mobile apps is basically dead, with a few exceptions. Although you'd think they'd at least offer a "classic mode" DLC that just turns all that shit off, for the people who want to pay upfront.

I keep reading that the market for paid-up-front mobile apps is basically dead, with a few exceptions. Although you'd think they'd at least offer a "classic mode" DLC that just turns all that shit off, for the people who want to pay upfront.

Judging by EA's previous mobile offerings that'd have to cost about £299 to be profitable though.

Would love to read some more impressions of it from players. The Android version is apparently not going over particularly well at the moment, but I want it to be good!

The developers are seeking out and fixing the Android issues at the moment - Transport Tycoon is quite a complex/hardware-intensive game and there's a *lot* of variation between Android devices. It should still work fine for the majority of Android tablets - I don't have an exhaustive list yet but we're working on it.

The iOS version is aiming at a much easier target, and should work solidly for everyone. (There is one bug to do with road building that is easy to trigger on one of the early levels, but we've already submitted a fix.) We've had almost no support requests on the iOS version in fact.

The developers are seeking out and fixing the Android issues at the moment - Transport Tycoon is quite a complex/hardware-intensive game and there's a *lot* of variation between Android devices. It should still work fine for the majority of Android tablets - I don't have an exhaustive list yet but we're working on it.

The iOS version is aiming at a much easier target, and should work solidly for everyone. (There is one bug to do with road building that is easy to trigger on one of the early levels, but we've already submitted a fix.) We've had almost no support requests on the iOS version in fact.

Cool, thanks. I'm one of those Android phone/iOS tablet weirdos so I'm not too worried about the android stuff if it's a bug thing rather than an actual how-it-plays thing. That just leaves the risk of my fond memories of the original just being too rose-tinted!

Wingsuit Pro is in today's Sun newspaper, yay!

photo1_zps8b61abe1.jpg?t=1380893960

Alongside Angry Birds Star Wars and FIFA 14 no less, woohoo!

Now you've hit the big time, how about an update to make it flip the screen to the way that you are holding it? :quote: