IGNORED

The iOS gaming thread

Scog

So I did the hard reset and it seems to be working now.

It's an awesome game, I remember loving the demo and wanted to play it ever since.

Yes the textures are a bit low red, and the frame rate a bit jerky (iPad mini), but the controls are sublime.

Out if interest would be good to hear how it performs on the latest iPads.

Still crashes for me just a bit futher in.

Type:rider is a rather unusual piece of work; learn about the history of printing and typography through platforming! Extraordinary creativity on display again.

I also bought Costume Quest since I must be about the only person in the world not to have played this.

Warhammer Quest, fully expanded with the 2 new regions and at least some of the new characters, is the absolute dog's wot sits.

I'm enjoying rollabear, its basically tenpin bowling crossed with a bit of monkey ball (with left/right touch not tilt controls).

Lots of levels, each lane is a different course with jumps/ramps obstacles and collectibles to get. Well worth 69p

Currently loving playing through KOTOR again on my mini. If you'd told me ten years ago, when I was first playing the game on a console the size and weight of two breeze blocks taped together, that in a decade's time I could sit on the bog and play the exact same game on what essentially amounts to a seven inch slab of glass, I'd have accused you of being a witch. We live in amazing days.

Xcom is on sale, £6.99 - with the new multiplayer update.

Says there's leader boards to go with multiplayer, iOs7 optimisation, and general bug fixes. Not sure on specifics.

Think I might pick it up now - any experiences of it on a 4s?

Xcom is on sale, £6.99 - with the new multiplayer update.

Says there's leader boards to go with multiplayer, iOs7 optimisation, and general bug fixes. Not sure on specifics.

Think I might pick it up now - any experiences of it on a 4s?

Anyone got any reviews on the multi-player?

On xcom, it is now running "ok" on my ipad mini after doing the hard reset. the framerate is still a bit off putting, especially when it comes to moving the camera as it causes a bit of lag.

On the up didnt realise it was cloud save and iPhone compatible, so I have picked up where I left off today playing on my iPhone5, so much smoother!

They really need to get the new mini out pronto.

EDIT: Oh its worth noting its only at this new price point until the 13th October!

It keeps crashing on iPad mini in different places after multiple hard resets. Piss poor for a premium title.

agreed.

you got any other apps open? I closed everything down by doing the double home button click and then swiping them all up the way.

It hasnt crashed since the hard reset for me though, so might be open apps and lack of memory thats causing the crash for you.

It keeps crashing on iPad mini in different places after multiple hard resets. Piss poor for a premium title.

If it doesn't work get in touch with apple and ask for a refund!

Are these iOs7 issues as I am still on 6, and fancy a cheeky buy of this for my 4s.

If you like tower defense games, Steampunk Tower is a jolly little game very nicely presented and only 69p. Hits a point that all those games do where you seem to just get mullered no matter what, but certainly worth a look.

This is why I don't bother buying any of the more expensive/graphical intensive releases. It's often a complete crapshoot as to how they actually run on anything but the latest hardware.

I've risked it and so far so good. Only one crash. Really enjoying it on my 4s :)

If you like tower defense games, Steampunk Tower is a jolly little game very nicely presented and only 69p. Hits a point that all those games do where you seem to just get mullered no matter what, but certainly worth a look.

If you get stuck on this not having enough Tower Points to research weapons strong enough to beat the attackers, you can keep replaying the first training level for a quick and easy 864 points a pop!

You won't really need to until the last levels, but it means you don't need to buy any iaps. Sweet!

Dammit! Pocket Mine is ridiculously addictive!

Isn't it just!

All the folk in my new office play Clash of Clans, it's actually quite fun. I like the fact that you have to build strategically to defend from attacks. Being able to see the replay of the attack is great too.

It's one of those things I'd have avoided because it's SO popular, because that's the kind of stupid thing I do.

Anyone else playing it?