The iOS gaming thread

Scog

No problem.

I also think it would be a better game if it had autofire, and control was by taps left and right on screen. I find it tricky to control with tilt, it's a very, very difficult input method to get right. Possibly only Tilt To Live has ever used it successfully. This might make the game too easy though.

Love the explosions too. It really is impressive for a first effort I think, it's very playable.

Auto fire would make the game far too easy I think. The gameplay method change from tilt to tap would require quite a bit of work I'm told which he is not keen to do, he's spending quite a bit of time on blender looking at models so maybe a possible later update coming with new models.

He has made a few apps on android but this is his first on iOS. I need to balance out his eagerness to develop apps with making sure he focuses on his school exams this year.

• 2 weeks later...

DO NOT buy The World Ends With You. It does not work with iOS 8 and SE have no intention of fixing it.

I made this mistake but fortunately was able to get a full refund. Would not even load up. I found a used DS cart on eBay for £6 and currently really enjoying it on my 3DS

Very pretty, but personally I can't get the trick of keeping up speed to get a good run.

It's a little easier when you unlock the second character who can backflip a little quicker (and the wingsuit). Doing tricks - flips, grinds, jumps, rock bounces - increases your momentum, though it takes a bit of practice to time your jumps just right.

Remember the excellent Zombie Gunship? I've been playing on the telly via Apple TV, and it's quite fabulous. Due to some kertrickery the iPad automatically becomes a sort of secondary mapping device that helps you track zombies while you shoot them watching the tv. I like it!

However, something seems to happen which means that sometimes when you start the game, the tv screen is totally blank. If you quit the game you see all the menus etc, but then you start the game and the screen is black again. The game is playing as you can hear the sound effects. Anybody seen this, and know a fix?

I've only tried a few, Pinball Arcade was unplayable, Pako Car Simulator was almost there, but Zombie Gunship works just fine (apart from the issue above). It may just be that the mechanics of the game are such that the lag, which is intermittent anyway I think, is not noticeable.

Remember the excellent Zombie Gunship? I've been playing on the telly via Apple TV, and it's quite fabulous. Due to some kertrickery the iPad automatically becomes a sort of secondary mapping device that helps you track zombies while you shoot them watching the tv. I like it!

However, something seems to happen which means that sometimes when you start the game, the tv screen is totally blank. If you quit the game you see all the menus etc, but then you start the game and the screen is black again. The game is playing as you can hear the sound effects. Anybody seen this, and know a fix?

It's so odd, this issue doesn't affect the first game you play, but subsequent games are affected by it - even if you clear the app and restart it! What a weird bug.