The iOS gaming thread

Scog

Anyone else playing The Executive? It's a quirky Businessman vs Monsters brawler, controls really nicely and has a ton of depth- 120 levels by my count, with a smart scoring system that makes going back to improve your grades dead enjoyable. It's also got an idle game component where you improve your company, so when you're not playing you still earn cash for upgrades. No ads, no IAP and really good value at launch price (£2.99 I think?). Like it a lot.

Anyone else playing The Executive? It's a quirky Businessman vs Monsters brawler, controls really nicely and has a ton of depth- 120 levels by my count, with a smart scoring system that makes going back to improve your grades dead enjoyable. It's also got an idle game component where you improve your company, so when you're not playing you still earn cash for upgrades. No ads, no IAP and really good value at launch price (£2.99 I think?). Like it a lot.

I saw it on the AppStore before but thought it looked a bit silly. I'm going on holiday for a week soon. Would you recommend it as something to play while sunbathing?

I saw it on the AppStore before but thought it looked a bit silly. I'm going on holiday for a week soon. Would you recommend it as something to play while sunbathing?

It certainly is silly, but in a rather charming way and the gameplay's tight underneath that. Personally I'd play something more relaxing while I was sunbathing as it's quite reaction-based. I recommend it as a game to buy anyway (while it's at launch price) and play either on holiday or another time.

Anyone play "Rival Kingdoms" on iPad? I'm Looking for a kingdom to join

Yes I am playing. "Cold Fury" is my alliance. What castle level are you? (we have a sister alliance for low-level guys called "Phoenix Knights")

Yes I am playing. "Cold Fury" is my alliance. What castle level are you? (we have a sister alliance for low-level guys called "Phoenix Knights")

I'm currently stronghold 7, working on upgrading my defences. I'm in a friends kingdom at the moment but they are quite average so might leave.

Drive Ahead is quite brilliant. As you get used to it and unlock more vehicles and stages it's a real joy to find yourself getting to grips with the physics, as well as the peculiarities of each vehicle...and smashing your opponent's head.

It also has a shared screen 2 player mode!

Alto's Adventure has had its first big update, with new upgrades and items in the store (permanent and one-use). The extra juice for the wingsuit has been a great help, I doubled my best distance and easily got the Survivalist achievement!

BvKfZCB.png

75th in the world for distance (more like 55th if you discount the likely hacked scores) :)

Alto's Adventure has had its first big update, with new upgrades and items in the store (permanent and one-use). The extra juice for the wingsuit has been a great help, I doubled my best distance and easily got the Survivalist achievement!BvKfZCB.png75th in the world for distance (more like 55th if you discount the likely hacked scores) :)

Oh bum, I deleted that a week ago as I had got to level 36 or something and couldn't see any way of doing the challenges. DAMN THEM!

Anyone playing Zynga's take on CrossyRoad, mountain goat?

Nice visuals but I don't feel very much in control of my fate. In Crossy Road dying feels like my own doing. That's surely a core aspect of what makes these games work?

Can anyone recommend a good puzzle game. I'm thinking of something wordy like a crossword or a bit of a mental work out a la brain training.

Playable on a phone rather than ipad and needs to be playable offline.

I was thinking of the new York times crossword app, but worried about American spellingz.

Bonza Word Puzzle is quite nice, you fit broken crosswords back together like a jigsaw. A touch fiddly on the phone but I played it for a good fortnight. There's a National Geographic themed version but also a normal, more varied one.