The iOS gaming thread

Scog

On 29/02/2016 at 7:46 AM, GoblinUK said:

In Trick Shot, how do I actually play Amazing Mode after I've unlocked it? 

@GoblinUK Apologies for slow reply. If you've not got it sorted yet did you done the same as me and not spotted that the 'thanks for playing' screen at the end is actually level 100 as well which you need to do perfect and then it'll let you play the amazing mode versions.

I've been really enjoying playing '0h h1' recently.

It's a puzzle game that's a cross between picross and sudoku. I like how a few simple rules can make a challenging puzzle, and that the boards are randomly generated so they can't run out.

I've been playing it on Android where it's free. I believe it's on iOS too.

And you can also play it here: http://0hh1.com/

How does iOS decide what to call you in games? I've just downloaded 'you must build a boat', but every time I start it it says, "welcome back SandyIs60". Which is pissing me off because I'm not 60!

I can't see anything under appleid that'd do nickname/handles, so I'm stumped..

7 minutes ago, Alask said:

How does iOS decide what to call you in games? I've just downloaded 'you must build a boat', but every time I start it it says, "welcome back SandyIs60". Which is pissing me off because I'm not 60!

I can't see anything under appleid that'd do nickname/handles, so I'm stumped..

Usually it should go with your gamecenter id

• 2 weeks later...
On 25 March 2016 at 1:11 PM, ZOK said:

Only two people on my friend list are playing Super Arclight...what's up with you chumps? This game is amazing!

Super Arc Light by Channel 4
https://appsto.re/gb/nG7hab.i

It's a one button shooter with a delicious move/shoot mechanic. It's 79p! Good lord it's a bargain.

Holy moley...still only two people on my friends list have this!

Trust me, it is the best score chaser anyone has parped out onto the iPhone in as long as I can remember, it is a pure joy to play.

If that wasn't enough, I'm currently at number 23 out of 40,000 odd players. Where are my challengers?

On 25 March 2016 at 1:11 PM, ZOK said:

Only two people on my friend list are playing Super Arclight...what's up with you chumps? This game is amazing!

Super Arc Light by Channel 4
https://appsto.re/gb/nG7hab.i

It's a one button shooter with a delicious move/shoot mechanic. It's 79p! Good lord it's a bargain.

Holy moley...still only two people on my friends list have this!

Trust me, it is the best score chaser anyone has parped out onto the iPhone in as long as I can remember, it is a pure joy to play.

If that wasn't enough, I'm currently at number 23 out of 40,000 odd players. Where are my challengers?

I don't think there's much in it for you if you don't like these type of games really, although it does shower you with new weapons the more you play, which makes it easier.

If you like this sort of thing on the other hand, this is a pure gem.

I'm going on holiday on Friday, and was going to pick up an iPad game to avoid having to interact with my partner and child. Is there anything out there with the scale and depth of XCOM? I've got Banner Saga, Baldurs Gate, and Shadowrun already; something strategic or RPG-like would be good. 

I'm going on holiday on Friday, and was going to pick up an iPad game to avoid having to interact with my partner and child. Is there anything out there with the scale and depth of XCOM? I've got Banner Saga, Baldurs Gate, and Shadowrun already; something strategic or RPG-like would be good. 

1 hour ago, K said:

Civilization revolution is decent enough, if not a patch on normal civ. From what i know theres very little difference between 1 and 2.

1 hour ago, K said:

Civilization revolution is decent enough, if not a patch on normal civ. From what i know theres very little difference between 1 and 2.

• 2 weeks later...