IGNORED

The iOS gaming thread

Scog

On 6/4/2016 at 4:09 PM, letsbook said:

Just noticed a new Sky Force game on the App Store. Sky Force Reloaded. Seems very similar to the previous version which I loved. Well worth a try. 

Gave this a quick try, I've not played any of the previous games but I'm impressed with the presentation of Reloaded.

Will play this once I have finished off my current slate of three.

4 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

Wow, you've only got round to playing Helsing's Fire. Very good game that one, it's a shining light ( ;) ) on the App Store.

I've had an iOS device since 2009, my first game was Trace

https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/trace/id289446636?mt=8

graphics have moved on a lot since then & I have purchased hundreds of games - most were deleted after 5mins but I'm working my way back & making sure I have not missed any gems.

On 9 June 2016 at 6:54 AM, gospvg said:

Brilliant puzzle game Mekorana with Captain Toad vibes.

Mekorama
https://appsto.re/gb/0p1vab.i

Only played a few levels so far but really enjoying this. There's a level creator mode with sharing via QR codes so I just had a nosey on Twitter to look if there was much on offer and one of the first I see is this...

N95jEjK.jpg

I don't even know if it's possible to complete, I haven't figured it out yet anyways. I'm just amazed by the complexity of the build, it's bonkers :blink:

Also found a guide for anybody fancying having a try at making their own...

http://mekorama.net/builder/

• 4 weeks later...

Super Stickman Golf 3 has just come out - its free with a £2.29 premium features unlock (also removes ads)

Looks very much like the previous version with more courses, hats golfers etc. Main addition seems to the ability to apply spin after you've taken the shot.

Sure if you've played 1 or 2 you'll know whether more of the same is for you or not.

Released a new version of Tiki Taka Soccer - Tiki Taka World Soccer on iOS and Android.

it's more of a traditional football game setup - international cup tournaments, quick match, much improved game engine and local multiplayer.

No real career style progression so it's a paid app this time. Some codes below! any glowing app store reviews greatly appreciated even if you hate it.

Also special thanks to the forums own @Totoroand @sir_shrew who helped me out with some banner art.

Spoiler

XXMLK7KAP6LY

7PAN66WRKFPX

XAR9M9R3HHT4

XXTLMEMFE7LH

6T7373XMXYRH

6WANXMF4P74T

TWT7TH9Y677K

4WMT6ARTJNER

X6XF66XM6KHJ

AAKRYLL6H7J7

3 hours ago, hobo said:

Released a new version of Tiki Taka Soccer - Tiki Taka World Soccer on iOS and Android.

it's more of a traditional football game setup - international cup tournaments, quick match, much improved game engine and local multiplayer.

No real career style progression so it's a paid app this time. Some codes below! any glowing app store reviews greatly appreciated even if you hate it.

Also special thanks to the forums own @Totoroand @sir_shrew who helped me out with some banner art.

Reveal hidden contents

XXMLK7KAP6LY

7PAN66WRKFPX

XAR9M9R3HHT4

XXTLMEMFE7LH

6T7373XMXYRH

6WANXMF4P74T

TWT7TH9Y677K

4WMT6ARTJNER

X6XF66XM6KHJ

AAKRYLL6H7J7

Thanks Hobo,

and to save everyone else from wasting their time all the codes have been used.

On 4 June 2016 at 16:09, letsbook said:

Just noticed a new Sky Force game on the App Store. Sky Force Reloaded. Seems very similar to the previous version which I loved. Well worth a try. 

It's a cracking game isn't it. Played with a stylus (I grabbed some cheap little sort of foil material tipped ones off eBay a while ago, £5 for about twenty of them they litter my house now) it controls superbly and is way beyond what I'd have ever imagined would've been possible for a good old shoot em up on a phone. Top game with tons of challenges and one that due to my hoarding then going on a big spending / upgrade my ship spree nature has given me many hours of entertainment :).

On 8 July 2016 at 20:01, carlospie said:

Anyone playing ff ezvius? It's awesome 

started this at the weekend, and have spent a stupid amount of time on it so far.

although i'm not entirely sure what i'm doing on it all yet. totally ignoring those two main characters, which hopefully wont mess me up. and have a 5 star person as my leader which i think is pretty good. i dont know if i should even be bothering to keep all these other 1 and 2 star characters i have.

On 08/07/2016 at 17:53, hobo said:

Reveal hidden contents

XXMLK7KAP6LY

7PAN66WRKFPX

XAR9M9R3HHT4

XXTLMEMFE7LH

6T7373XMXYRH

6WANXMF4P74T

TWT7TH9Y677K

4WMT6ARTJNER

X6XF66XM6KHJ

AAKRYLL6H7J7

This has a big feature today! Great work man! :D

Is anyone playing Lost Frontier? Basically it's advanced wars meets the Wild West. Pretty decent, albeit doesn't add too much new to the genre. 

Anyway, I'm stuck on level 21. For kingdom rush et al, I just watched a YouTube play through for some tips. But can't seem to find any for this. So I wondered if anyone had played this through and had any insights? Cheers. 

new micro machines game is out from EA/Chillingo

plays quite nicely and I think all the events races are online only, no single player. it is FTP though and seems loaded to the gills with game packs, gems etc.

core racing and battles seem quite nice but remains to be seen how invasive the FTP element is 

Cool, getting it now, love micro machines. Hope there's an old school a500 version hidden away in there. 

I wish more people made top down / isometric racers - I'd definitely pay for quality versions of supercars 2, super skidmarks or rock n roll racing.