Jump to content

The iOS gaming thread


Scog
 Share

Recommended Posts

Did anyone finish Hero Emblems? Reached the Palace of Darkness but barely get anywhere with each of the three paths. Like the game, but does become a bit of a grind at times.

 

Also been playing Star Wars Puzzle Droids for a different match 3 fix. Not sure why, there's no skill involved, just need to get lucky with how the gems fall / the power-ups you can make. Shite.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, glb said:

Did anyone finish Hero Emblems? Reached the Palace of Darkness but barely get anywhere with each of the three paths. Like the game, but does become a bit of a grind at times.

 

 

Twice, on both difficulties.

 

My 11 years old has finished it four times, trying to get absolutely everything and doing a speed run.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Disgraced Toblerone said:

Twice, on both difficulties.

 

My 11 years old has finished it four times, trying to get absolutely everything and doing a speed run.

 

Well I feel better about my skills now...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's releasing this Thursday! We're ironing out the final remaining issues (sound related and only happening on the 5S!) and we've had a couple of old bugs re-appear but they should be quick fixes, assuming they don't break something else...

Hopefully when it's out in the real world it will hold up as well as it has with internal testing and the relatively small amount of external testers we've had play the game.

The major worry for us as a studio is that it's a paid app and it could well completely bomb. The game didn't exactly set the world on fire, commercially, when we released it on Xbox One and Steam, so yep. We'll see how it goes. :)

How's your game coming along?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now I've got a phone that doesn't die after 5 minutes of gaming (my iPhone 6 was terrible, now using an SE) I fired up LUMINES for the first time in ages. There's a Rez DLC pack?! Awesome!

 

I'll go back to 2015 now... carry on as you were!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2017-6-27 at 00:53, Bojangle said:

Hopefully when it's out in the real world it will hold up as well as it has with internal testing and the relatively small amount of external testers we've had play the game.

 

OMG. This. I don't have that many external testers. Around 20, so just hoping there's no major issues there. That's what soft launches are for, I guess?

Fingers crossed it proves worth your time.

Mine is coming along well. Most testers are finding the same two or three bugs. Hoping the next build doesn't have any new nasty ones... Gonna soft-launch early/mid July (hopefully, as I hear it doesn't take as long to get approved by Apple now) and get the iOS version out for end of July.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 20/04/2017 at 11:20, Gotters said:

Couple of nice games out recently

 

Really enjoying Footy Golf by Donut Games - its got their usual scruffy art style but the core mechanics are very nice, 2d side on golf holes you complete by kicking a football - with the usual 3* and coin bonus mechanisms. Its also got to be one of the least greedy and intrusive free to play games I've seen. Very nice.

 

Just out today is CATS: Crash Arena Turbo Stars from the  Cut The Rope devs - interesting concept, think simplified 2D vehicle builder from Banjo Nuts & Bolts which you then throw into player v player battles - you don't control the battles directly, rather you have a lot of options to build and enhance your robot that you send it and see how it fares. Only played for 45m or so but it seems pretty good so far

 

 

 

How have I not heard of this before? It's absolutely brilliant! Thanks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good luck with the game @Bojangle

 

Really enjoying missile cards at the moment, its a card game inspired by Missile Command, but as somebody who doesn't really usually like card games I think of it as something else. You have a deck that contains asteroids and various weapons and you cycle thru the deck deciding what weapons to play and which to let cycle back through. Everything has a charging lead time before blasting and different asteroids require a different level of weapon to take out. Aim of the game is to protect your base and take out all the obstacles in the deck.

 

Its very intuitive (I hate card games and complicated rules) and very pick up and play, the video in the App Store will give you an idea about whether its for you or not.

 

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=308202

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dandy Dungeon 2 is out now. It's an update for the first game rather than a new title. From the little I played, it's more puzzley in how you approach the levels, rather than just making sure you can kill everyone in each level.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, ca18s13 said:

Game Dev Story is currently 99p on iOS, usually £4.99. Supposed to be an addictive tycoon type of game. I'm going to give it a go.

 

It's going to look ancient now, it was designed for phones that are a decade old.

 

But Mike's right, it's a great little game, as are most by the same studio.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dudley said:

 

It's going to look ancient now, it was designed for phones that are a decade old.

 

But Mike's right, it's a great little game, as are most by the same studio.

I have a 6+ and it scales correctly to the 1080p screen so that's good enough for me. My ninja adventure game sold 31,000 copies and i'm out of the red so i'm happy. Super addictive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

W00t! Finally finished Hero Emblems! 30+ hours, so great value for money, hopefully the touted sequel will eventually appear.

 

In the meantime, any other similar match 3 recommendations? Preferably one without too many IAPs... or at least, ones not clearly designed to suit players that spend on IAPs. I'd rather spend at the outset and know I'm getting a full game like You Must Build a Boat or such.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nosejam said:

Everyone who hasn't already got Game Dev story should pick it up at that price.

I played the lite version many moons ago and enjoyed it so happy to jump in at that price.

 

I also seen Grand Prix story when I was searching for it and noticed I had already bought that, dont remember playing it much so dive back in on that one too!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, glb said:

W00t! Finally finished Hero Emblems! 30+ hours, so great value for money, hopefully the touted sequel will eventually appear.

 

In the meantime, any other similar match 3 recommendations? Preferably one without too many IAPs... or at least, ones not clearly designed to suit players that spend on IAPs. I'd rather spend at the outset and know I'm getting a full game like You Must Build a Boat or such.

 

I am a couple of hours in and loving it so far. Glad I saw the recommendation here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Syntax said:

I played the lite version many moons ago and enjoyed it so happy to jump in at that price.

 

I also seen Grand Prix story when I was searching for it and noticed I had already bought that, dont remember playing it much so dive back in on that one too!

 

Grand Prix Story is, I'd say, thinner, but still a lot of fun.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Disgraced Toblerone said:

Wait what!?!?!

 

Not sure how genuine this trailer is, but here's hoping...

 

 

 

4 hours ago, bradigor said:

 

I am a couple of hours in and loving it so far. Glad I saw the recommendation here. 

 

Absolute bargain and more engaging than a lot of full price games. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.