The iOS gaming thread

Scog

All you electric box guys. Hurry the fuck up! I've been stuck on level 32 for days and there's no FAQ.

Gosh 32 was a bit of a bugger.

Another addictive little game, though I'm going to stop now or I'll be through it in one sitting.

How on earth did I miss Dungeon Hunter?!

I just tried the lite version after a friend recommended it and instantly purchased it after battling my way out of the starting dungeon. The controls may need a bit tweaking (not as responsive as something like Minigore) but it is so impressive just judging from the trial. I wish I could post more impressions but my internet connection is having a hissy fit so the thing hasn't even finished downloading yet.

Damn you, Virgin!

Yeah, Dungeon Hunter's ace. Nice variety to the environments (some of it looks really lovely :) ) and the loot-em-up aspect of it is pretty addictive. But mostly everything just feels like it's got a decent level of polish to it- and I quite like the set-up of the plot, especially

the whole raised-the-dead-wife from the grave only to find she'd gone batshit evil, Pet Semetary style

. Probably my favourite game on the iPhone / iPod Touch so far.

After finishing Samurai: WotW I decided to install GoGo Rescue Squad after getting it on the cheap months ago.

So far I'm working my way through the tutorials but it's not grabbing me and I think I'm going to find the controls annoying - is it worth sticking with?

*ahem* Of course it is, some really clever puzzling in there. I always find tutorials a bit of a slog.

Have you got the update with the improved controls?

*ahem* Of course it is, some really clever puzzling in there. I always find tutorials a bit of a slog.

Have you got the update with the improved controls?

I guess - i think its the most up to date version - it's not telling me theres an update available.

How did it control before?!?!

So this 14 in one thing. Managed to play 6 or 7 of them, and the results are...well, there's an over use of tilt in most games. I fucking hate tilt.

Jailbreak is a cross between RUN! and Canabalt but runs like a hound and is unplayable on my 1st gen touch.

Get Rich is a little too simplistic tilt-and-collect game.

Ancient War is a little like Patapon crossed with Tower Defence but devoid of all the charm of either.

King Fish is Feeding Frenzy (literally) but shitter.

iSniper has the potential to be aces, touch to zoom, tilt to follow then it has a button to hold your breath to steady and slow your aim and a button to fire. Simple, yet cool.

1945 Ace Destroyer is too sensitive and simple.

And that's all I had time for on the train. iSniper is potentially worth that alone, I'll check the rest on the way home.

The Watcher is a bit rough isn't it? As is Ground Effect. Why the designers feel that having no sound (The Watcher) or no meaningful sound effects (Ground Effect) is beyond me. Polish the games a bit more, add some sound, charge £1 or so extra. As it is, they're both off to the deleted pile.

Surprised there aren't more playing Auditorium - it's a nice little game, and has lots of polish as you'd expect from an EA publised title. Two thumbs up for Minisquadron as well, exactly the type of game the iPhone is good at.

Done some forumite have some connection to Electric Box? I'm really enjoying it, but I have some feedback (that I hope is constructive) about some niggles I have with the game, and a couple of bugs/inconsistencies.

- Its annoyingly difficult to drag pieces off the board and back to the side bit. I shouldn't need to drop them exactly on a square in the side bit, just hover them over, and they should snap in (it should also be the default behaviour that if you drag them off the board at all, they should snap back to the side)

- You seem to need to place pieces unnecessarily accurately as it is, I wouldn't have thought it would be difficult to make it a bit better at judging where you're trying to place a piece. This is especially the case with double-sized pieces (the windmill and refrigeration unit), I find these amazingly difficult to place on the board.

- There are a few oddities/inconsistencies in places. Like, knocking a kettle away with a dropper doesn't stop the refrigeration unit it was feeding from working. Also, moving a kettle away to the left, with a bot, does stop it working, but moving it away to the right doesn't. I found these things on level 47 (I think it was), a fiendishly clever level, but one where I was distracted for far too long trying to get these things that seemingly should have worked to act as I would have suspected.

I'd also like to know if level 53 was supposed to be so easy, of if there was a bug of some kind (I may go back and see if there's a more difficult way to solve it, as the way I did it just didn't feel right). For anyone else who's done it, was it just a case of

pulling the water tank at the top across with the magnet, so that it dripped straight onto the water wheel at the end - dripping through the water tank on the refrigeration unit?