Zelda: Spirit Tracks Ghost Train Choo Choo

Liquid Myth

I kind of agree about the general feeling of apathy towards Zelda. I've always really enjoyed playing them, but I'm not really feeling any sort of motivation to play this. I do have the Tin version on the way, so maybe when it arrives it might spark something.

For what it's worth I really enjoyed Phantom Hourglass and Twilight Princess, but it's pretty much 2 years between every Zelda game now, and Zelda games take a lot of time.

I'm not bothered about this either after Phantom Hourglass but I'll be all over the next console version in a heartbeat. I still don't understand all the TP hate considering it had some of the most inventive dungeons in the whole series , even though the overworld was a bit of a snore.

Is this 'out there'? Please say so, I have an incredible amount of tedious traveling tomorrow/wednesday.

yeah but it requires some work as the it has anti piracry measures built in (apparently when you get on the train, icons dissapear)

I did really enjoy phantom hourglass, although i have yet to finish it..

but ill be waiting a while before i play spirit tracks i expect.

Nah, doesn't require any work. You just download a cracked version, although on some cards you need a save file to go with it.

It annoying that putting a save onto a retail cart is such a pain to do, my proper copy will arrive this week but I don't really want to start from the beginning.

I got myself one of these back along, can be got on eBay for under £12. It came in useful when I stopped using my flash card, and wanted to transfer the saves over to my purchased cartridges.

I'll be having Spirit Tracks for Christmas, the wife has the tin edition on order from GAME.co.uk :wub:

What's this I hear abouth this one also containg a central dungeon?

Please, please tell me it's not as bad as the tower of shitness that was the Ocean King's Temple in PH.

Inclination to purchase cancelled!

It's like that, but fixed. No time limit, no requirement to go through the areas you've already done.

Inclination to purchase reinstalled.

That Ocean Temple absolutely killed PH for me, which I was otherwise absolutely loving. The sailing, the drawing on maps, graphics, and the sound design all pushed my buttons, but that temple was just horrible, and I've never finished it. Even with a wlakthrough, I have no idea or urge to get through it, which makes me feel a bit sad.

That Ocean Temple absolutely killed PH for me, which I was otherwise absolutely loving. The sailing, the drawing on maps, graphics, and the sound design all pushed my buttons, but that temple was just horrible, and I've never finished it. Even with a wlakthrough, I have no idea or urge to get through it, which makes me feel a bit sad.

Yeah, I still feel incredibly angry and cheated about that. I thought it was fucking rotten.

I liked going through the temple over and over, using the new items to find short cuts and faster routes. It reminded me of old school action games where you'd always have to start from the beginning, but obviously not quite as unforgiving. And obviously, you'd expect to follow the same set of events over and over again but with incremental learning improvements in something like Sega Rally or Time Crisis.

Thankfully in this you've got the option of going through the Spirit Tower (the main dungeon) floor at a time (with a big set of stairs giving access every 4 floors) or you can go back into previous areas to discover secret stuff. There's zero backtracking necessary in it which is brilliant, although the benefits of re-doing floors when you have more equipment are quite useful.

I liked going through the temple over and over, using the new items to find short cuts and faster routes. It reminded me of old school action games where you'd always have to start from the beginning, but obviously not quite as unforgiving. And obviously, you'd expect to follow the same set of events over and over again but with incremental learning improvements in something like Sega Rally or Time Crisis.

Same here. That particular level was really well designed so that your new abilities could be used to get you through quicker each time. May have to replay it before I pick up Spirit Tracks.

On the 4Guys1Up Podcast they made it sound like the central dungeon in this one opens up a floor or 2 at a time after completing dungeons & the only reason to go back to previously completed floors is for secrets, much like the Overworld in Zelda games usually is.

Combined with the note-taking on the map that should make it less fustrating than PH.

On the 4Guys1Up Podcast they made it sound like the central dungeon in this one opens up a floor or 2 at a time after completing dungeons & the only reason to go back to previously completed floors is for secrets, much like the Overworld in Zelda games usually is.

Combined with the note-taking on the map that should make it less fustrating than PH.

Yeah, I said that like 6 posts up. Every 4 floors of the dungeon there's an entrance, accessible via a large staircase in the centre of the dungeon.

Oh boy, what could you ever possibly do, say, not play sections where the microphone is required for any extensive amount of time on the bus maybe? (can't even think of any parts where the microphone is needed for ages anyway, it's not as if all of the songs are useful constantly, or you're using the little tornado blower constantly)