Zelda: Spirit Tracks Ghost Train Choo Choo

Liquid Myth

Oh boy, what could you ever possibly do, say, not play sections where the microphone is required for any extensive amount of time on the bus maybe? (can't even think of any parts where the microphone is needed for ages anyway, it's not as if all of the songs are useful constantly, or you're using the little tornado blower constantly)

What, you mean like getting into the dungeons? Or when you need to use that wind generating thing to beat certain enemies? The enemies I managed to get past but without being able to use the instrument there is no way to get into the dungeons. It's inexcusable, loads of other games have sensitivity setting for the mic to avoid this sort of thing.

What, you mean like getting into the dungeons? Or when you need to use that wind generating thing to beat certain enemies? The enemies I managed to get past but without being able to use the instrument there is no way to get into the dungeons. It's inexcusable, loads of other games have sensitivity setting for the mic to avoid this sort of thing.

again, you seem really nice.

Are there mini games in this game?

I would buy this but it has that repetitive dungeon again - I hated it so much in the first DS game that I ended using a wlakthrough for the dungeon every time I had to go through it. It's no fun. The Phantom Hourglass is charming though so it might be a purchase if I get a Game voucher for Xmas.

I would buy this but it has that repetitive dungeon again - I hated it so much in the first DS game that I ended using a wlakthrough for the dungeon every time I had to go through it. It's no fun. The Phantom Hourglass is charming though so it might be a purchase if I get a Game voucher for Xmas.

It's nowhere near as annoying as the PH dungeon, there is no timers and you can head straight to each new area. I definitely recommend getting this.

I'm amazed so many people hated the main dungeon in Phantom Hourglass; that was the one brilliant and unique thing I remember about the game, as each new item made you look at it with fresh eyes. Plus there was the added challenge of trimming the time down by as much as you could with yet more additional cheeky shortcuts. It was fantastic.

I'm amazed so many people hated the main dungeon in Phantom Hourglass; that was the one brilliant and unique thing I remember about the game, as each new item made you look at it with fresh eyes. Plus there was the added challenge of trimming the time down by as much as you could with yet more additional cheeky shortcuts. It was fantastic.

Talk about complete opposites. :lol:

The main dungeon in PH must be the single worse decision Nintendo has ever made design wise in all of its career in my opinion... :hat:

Talk about complete opposites. :lol:

The main dungeon in PH must be the single worse decision Nintendo has ever made design wise in all of its career in my opinion... :hat:

Well it seems to be how a lot of people feel about it; I don't doubt I'm wrong. I've played a lot of Zelda over the years though, and that one dungeon at least felt like a refreshing change of pace. Despite the typically cold and blocky aesthetics.

The one thing I wish they'd done was make more unique use of the the map; the stylus offered a lot of opportunities that only came into play in a few choice moments, and even they were heavily signposted. I'd love there to have been some subtle clues pointing to hidden treasures, making it feel like your own special discovery, which is how Zelda used to feel to me in essence back when I was a VL.

your own special discovery

this is what zelda games do and continue to do so well... having things that feel as though they are 'secrets' but they are actually part of the main game. So many linear games have you simply following a set path with the 'discovery' not coming through the gameplay but through the cut-scenes. Zelda has never done that.

I love zelda games and I'm really looking forward to this. Need to finish Mario and Luigi before hand!

Been playing this during lots of traveling the last 2 days. Quite problematic as there is so much blowing involved and I worry about people seeing me blow so I would just go to the toilet and start blowing alone to get past a bit. Most of it you can do by tapping the mic hole but during the musical bits you really need to do it properly. I think I've damaged the mic now because sometimes it's just automatically activating.

Oh the game?

The train bits are a bit tedious, they keep trying to add little twists on it but in the end I think it's all just a bit too slow and dull. Lots of cool little new ideas and one of the best DS games I'm sure but somehow the whole thing just feels tired.

Honest to god, do some people just blindly ignore a thread and post?

The only repetition you do in the dungeon is entirely inflicted by yourself if you so want to do it. Other than that, there is absolutely no need whatsoever to repeat ANY of the Spirit Tower dungeon in Spirit Tracks.

this is what zelda games do and continue to do so well... having things that feel as though they are 'secrets' but they are actually part of the main game.

I don't really feel they do that too well any more at all. At least in LttP there were helpful but unessential items to find, like the blue cane, but the best you can really hope for in more recent games is a heart piece. More often than not you'll get a big gold rupee or something, and watch it disappear into your already maxed-out and mostly worthless wallet.

I didn't liked the timed dungeon in Hourglass however my daughter played through the game recently and it was her first experience of Zelda and indeed any game of this type/scope. She didn't mind the timed dungeon at all and had no problems getting through it. I don't know what she did differently to me, maybe she'd explored more and gained a lot of extra time but whenever I went through it I was always cutting it really close by the end.

Game sent my tin version of this on Tuesday so I've got my fingers crossed it'll arrive today.