Modern Warfare 2

:hat: NEVER WILL I SELL MY PRECIOUSSSSS!!!

:P

I know I know...I'll get it tomorrow, promise. I'll live on biscuits for the remainder of the month though... :)

:lol:

I don't think I played any/much MW1 with you Rich. I look forward to some serious pwnage with you on this, however.

Time just flies by in MP of an evening, I get on around 9pm when the kids are in bed, when I next nother to look at my watch its 1am ffs!

Hi to Comrade Al who I saw briefly in a game and sorry to Murray for not taking your invite (I tried to but it fucked up and then you weren't joinable).

Me, Squid and Trigg had some good games even though I'm fodder. I had a couple of games kitted out with a shield - although it's not going to get you top of the leaderboard its MASSIVE fun, I was lolling my head off while bullets were pinging off it while I shield bashed people in the head! You also get a lot of assist-type points for being shot at while your mates kill the enemy. Not a loadout I'll use that frequently but an awesome change of pace for the tighter maps if you want a rest from SMG or shotty.

I don't think I played any/much MW1 with you Rich. I look forward to some serious pwnage with you on this, however.

Yes we have...a couple of times. Don't worry...reinforcements are on their way in the form of Smith and yours truly...

predator_schwarzenegger.jpg500px-PredatorM134handheld-14.jpg

Just out of curiousity is there any equivilent to the perk overkill in MW2 because I have looked so far in the multiplayer menu and have found nothing.

Was using this a lot in the original modern warfare before the new game came out and was really getting used to having it enabled. Perhaps it wasn't a popular perk in the original so they took it out.

Re matchmaking, sorry if I'm asking what is common knowledge... I'd like to know. :lol:

So does anyone know the specifics of, or the definition of SKILL? Surely its not based on someones level? I would have thought, due to us having all these stats (kill/death, shorts fired/missed, games won/lost ratios) that it uses all this information to determine how good someone is. Also i would expect this information to be broken down by weapon, map and game type so you are matched differently per map/game mode.

Is that not one of the best way to match (or something similar)?

On the 360 I assume it uses the mysterious Xbox Trueskill shit that I read up on once, but didn't understand (probably because I am rubbish at maths). I think it also chooses the highest Trueskill of the party as it's number so if you party up with much better players then you'll get a humping. I notice this with some of my friends who are better than me a lot, if I just play alone I tend to be more successful.

On the 360 I assume it uses the mysterious Xbox Trueskill shit that I read up on once, but didn't understand (probably because I am rubbish at maths). I think it also chooses the highest Trueskill of the party as it's number so if you party up with much better players then you'll get a humping. I notice this with some of my friends who are better than me a lot, if I just play alone I tend to be more successful.

Yeah, from what I recall of reading about 'trueskill' it's a bit bollocks and not granular enough so even if a dev uses it you'll end up lumped in with people way better than you.

I play with a friend who plays pretty much nothing but MW, and he's pretty good, and I do find that I seem to take more of a beating then than when I play alone.

Just out of curiousity is there any equivilent to the perk overkill in MW2 because I have looked so far in the multiplayer menu and have found nothing.

Was using this a lot in the original modern warfare before the new game came out and was really getting used to having it enabled. Perhaps it wasn't a popular perk in the original so they took it out.

Given the whole secondary weapon system not being limted to just pistols anymore they probably thought it wasn't worth it

I THINK this is what One Man Army does?

It's made a tiny bit redundant imo with being able to take machine pistols and shotties as secondary weapons.

Are there any missions in this which are the equivalent of 'Ghillies In The Mist' from COD4? It was about the only level in COD4 which really gripped me, but it was one of the finest levels I've ever played.

It was called All Gillied Up. Pesky achievements.

I'm guessing it's related to MW2, but is anyone else having problems connecting to live? It worked fine when I got home but now wont connect and I had exactly the same problem last night as well.

Yep getting some very weird issues. It takes ages to find a game, then quite often crashes when joining it. I get a message saying 'kicked for inactivity', but I'm stuck on the loading screen and the controls locked up. Then if I do get in a game it is really laggy and then the game will suddenly end and I get logged out of Live altogether.

Got to the bit at the retail park. Enjoying this quite a bit actually. ;)

Will I get my arse handed to me online? Or is anyone else as shit as I?

I am pretty shit at it too and I am always up to have my ass handed to me on a plate.

Maybe us crap gamers should all try and get a game together on this one night.