Modern Warfare 2

letsbook

There really needs to be the sort of online information about your online stats that you get with Halo.

There is so much that you could be able to look at and analyse and I know that Bungie have a very different approach to 'customer care' in comparison with IW/Activision, but at the least it wouldn't take much to publish people's Barrack stats online?

Is the Javelin glitch as bad as I've heard it described? Suicide bombers with the explosion range of one of those predator drone missile things? I've yet to see it happening in-game.

Yeah it's pretty wank, was in a game with a guy doing it all the time tonight.

Yeah it's pretty wank, was in a game with a guy doing it all the time tonight.

Last night I saw the first of these peeps, there seems to be a glut of them suddenly as today I saw them fairly regularly. Take the time to report them - and the pad modders - as MS do look into it if people are reported enough.

And anyhow, it adds them to your "hate" list, which is a nice bonus.

I still wish MS would simplify the "preferred/ avoid" submenu shite. Pressing Y on a players name should add them to Avoid, X to add them to Preferred. Thats it. I dont want to fuck about with sloooow submenus just to have to chose "Quit Early" or "Lacking Skill", because "Played Like A Wanker" isnt a choice they give you...

Get it sorted if youre reading this, Cousins! :wub:

Every gun has infinite range, though. The bullet will always go where the sight is exactly. Just keep popping the trigger. Take people out with the silenced SCAR on the other side of the map all the time, providing they're still.

Sure, but the bullet power drops of dramatically for some guns. With an M16 I find I can wipe out a group at range who've seen me and are returning fire. Not so the SCAR, at least for me. On Estate tonight there was a house full of guys pinning us down, switched to the M16 with thermal+FMJ and buggered them senseless.

Unlocked the ACR tonight too, that's one angry gun.

Ah, danke!

Also, another question! When you unlock stuff you get the 'New' popping up next to the relevent listing. As I'm only six hours in to the MP I get stuff unlocked after every match, and it seems the only way to get rid of the 'New' is to physically go and hover over the new item. It gets annoying having to do it through the myriad menus, anyway of group cancelling them?

You don't happen to suffer from OCD do you?

-

Anyway, what's this I hear of a Javelin glitch? I love the Javelin and Javelin the fuck out of anyone or anything bigger than me, it's the tits.

I 'prestiged' for the first time on Monday night & I've just levelled back up far enough to unlock the challenges again, as well as the extra Prestige section, its added two challenges for every weapon, related to kills & headshots. Does anyone know if these challenges will reset along with all the regular ones when I prestige next time, or will they keep incrementing?

Only so far I've killed around 5000 people which would barely be enough to complete two of those challenges ( & that would be assuming that I only used two guns for everything ) so it seems a little unrealistic to expect people to be able complete these challenges in one playthrough!

The SCAR and the M16 do the same damage. 3 shots on both at range with SP, 4 without.

Have they decoded the real weapon damage then? Regardless, the M16 has very little recoil and shoots three rounds so with SP as long as you're on target you've got a sure kill, with the SCARs recoil I'm all over the place at range. Moreover I find the tiny clip makes it harder to string kills together.

The SCAR's jumpy at a distance yes, I've personally (sort of) got round this by just picking my shots more intelligently and trying my hardest to get a 'neck-up shot' only or letting them go (that takes some strength) and gently moving into a better position. My accuracy bounces around 21-22-23ish with a silenced SCAR - on my friendslist it's high but I dunno what the standard is.

I'm also only just realising that HC TDM is :wub: lots of belly-sliding and memorising the cover.

At range you just want to tap single shots, you can tap three off from a SCAR and they'll all find their target, I find the M16 climb normally requires 2 bursts at range so it's time to kill is more or less the same. The small clip is certainly a problem though, and extended mags are a bit shit on it.

They haven't decoded the weapon damage but they've worked it all out using other decoded data, it's all 100% right. Link was a few pages back.

You don't happen to suffer from OCD do you?

Heh, not at all! I'd just like to be able to see when something new that I'm actually interested in is up, and without looking at every flipping thing it's impossible to know.

Not at all, just take a Stinger, cold blooded/ninja and scavenger and play domination or TDM, ignore players unless they come to you and just shoot down UAVs, helicopters etc. Take a silenced LMG for dropping UAVs when you don't want to waste rockets, you can do it in a few games easy.