IGNORED

Modern Warfare 2

letsbook

I tried a few ground wars today. I noticed that the lag was much worse, and the host would drop in at least half of the games (sometimes multiple host changes per round). Is that a common thing in Ground War? I know there are more people connecting and Infinity Wards netcode seems to automatically give host to anybody with an American IP address, but it really did seem to get in the way of a smooth game because it was happening so often.

Team Deathmatches in Ground War seem to involve five blokes standing on top of each other all the time too. I dont have Predator missile in my killstreak at the moment, but if I decide to spend a prolonged amount of time in ground war, fuck, taking the missile is a no brainer isnt it?

I had my first Nuke experinece tonight.

Then noticed that someone on my team was 0 kills 25 deaths.

Yeah.

Same thing seemed to be happening in a few different games that I quit out of after my mate disconnected, so we ended up just steering clear of Domination altogether.

I am quite terrible at this normally, kd ratio of 0.6, and yet after watching that guy's vids and following his tip of changing control sensitivity to ten, I magically scored 18:1 in my next game, with a 13 streak. Being inspired by his performance helped as well - if he can score so easily, so can I.

Are you kidding me? Sensitivity on 10?!

Are you kidding me? Sensitivity on 10?!

I have my sensitivity on 10. I played a lot of TF2 on the 360, often as a Scout, so I had to have my sensitivity up really high to be at all effective. Now I stick it on the max setting in every multiplayer FPS. Once you're used to it it really helps!

True story.

I have mine on normal, anything more and my aim is spazzing off everywhere.

The AA12 is my mainstay secondary now. I seem to win every single fight with it, even against close up commando attacks. Pull it out when entering a building or behind cover, and let rip. So much fun to use, too.

I actually found the same, kerraig. I was playing around 10pm to midnight, and found most of the games I got into were annoyingly laggy, despite none of them switching hosts mid-game or anything.

Getting knifed through a wall was my personal low. :(

wow tonight was horrendously laggy. that is all

It wax unplayable for me last night.

In 2 hours of play I think I managed 3 games and mostly because it just wouldn't let the 3 of us in a party enter the same game even though the lobby made it look like we had. Cue the match starting and us 3 in different games that then kept quitting on us and lagging-out.

The whole thing was just a horrible, broken mess and I think people might be right when people say that it happens mostly when you're placed in games with people from different countries.

I have my sensitivity on 10. I played a lot of TF2 on the 360, often as a Scout, so I had to have my sensitivity up really high to be at all effective. Now I stick it on the max setting in every multiplayer FPS. Once you're used to it it really helps!

True story.

I can kinda understand that. I have a 4000 dpi mouse, and I thought I would set it to 4000. It took ages to get used to, the pointer is ridiculously fast, but now I wouldnt have it any other way. Its funny when my missus gets on the PC and complains about how ridiculous the mouse is though. I probably should teach her how to put it in 1000 dpi mode. :lol:

Anyway, how long did it take you to get used to sensitivity 10? How many kickings did you get on the way? I mean, its not like setting a mouse to 4000 dpi where you can get used to it by web browsing and stuff.

wow tonight was horrendously laggy. that is all

It was terrible and pretty bad on Tuesday also - I'm finding that most of the people in the games have 3 bar connections which are just horrible to play against as they soak up bullets (I guess because they're not really where I'm shooting), and watching my deaths back on the killcam was just fury-inducing.

I was getting shot on my screen after I had gotten into cover ,when I hadn't been hit by a single bullet, and on the killcam the opponent was shooting me out in the open before I ever got into cover. Just horrible. One of the worst was being head-shotted a good half-second or more after crouching behind a car on Estate by a guy who shot me whilst I was still standing. Naively I though he'd shot me through the car window (fair-play I thought) until I saw the kill-cam and FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU

Oh man, finally gave One Man Army a good try. My new ultimate survival class:

SCAR with silencer

Stopping Power

One Man Army

Ninja

Claymore

2 x flash

The claymores are so much better than I thought, getting so many kills with them it's crazy. Cover a couple of angles with them and watch them rack up. OMA pro only takes 3 seconds I think. It's madness.

I tried this last night (with Scavenger instead of OMA, which I haven't locked yet) and promptly got my first ever AC-130. Finished up about 25 for 3. As someone who likes to stay alive as much as possible, I can't believe I hadn't used Scavenger before. Probably because Bling is so good.

After watching that dude's Danger Close video, I tried a bit of that. Took a while to get used to using explosives, which I never usually touch, but it is incredibly satisfying launching speculative 203s into buildings and getting kills, especially as Scavenger means you get to fire so many. Does Danger Close increase the potency of claymores?

I'm going to try out his heartbeat sensor/Scrambler trap this eve, with claymores, Stopping Power and Scavenger.

So there's another glitch now for boosting XP privately - when you get to doing that what's the point in playing ? Another game ruined.

Not really, it's just you can use the parameters of a private game in public. No advantage it just lasts longer, game time or score limit.

Title update is out on 360 now.

So there's another glitch now for boosting XP privately - when you get to doing that what's the point in playing ? Another game ruined.

as long as it doesn't affect me I don't care. Who cares if people are cheating if it's not glitching/getting an unfair advantage. So they're P10 L70? doesn't make them better players.

I tried this last night (with Scavenger instead of OMA, which I haven't locked yet) and promptly got my first ever AC-130. Finished up about 25 for 3. As someone who likes to stay alive as much as possible, I can't believe I hadn't used Scavenger before. Probably because Bling is so good.

After watching that dude's Danger Close video, I tried a bit of that. Took a while to get used to using explosives, which I never usually touch, but it is incredibly satisfying launching speculative 203s into buildings and getting kills, especially as Scavenger means you get to fire so many. Does Danger Close increase the potency of claymores?

I'm going to try out his heartbeat sensor/Scrambler trap this eve, with claymores, Stopping Power and Scavenger.

Yep.

Lots of places on the internet say it increases all explosive damage by a factor of 1.4

In COD 4 (I am not sure about MW2) all explosives had a lethal blast radius which anybody caught inside would die, and the Sonic Boom perk would increase the size of that radius. This is why Juggernaut cancelled out Sonic Boom, as it doesnt increase the damage done, just the size of the area in which anybody with a normal health total will die. I can only assume that the system works the same in MW2, so I guess painkiller might negate Danger Close, but that will happen so rarely it can be dismissed as trivial.

Anyway, say a grenade has a lethal radius of 10 meters, anybody standing within 10 meters dies when it explodes. If Danger Close multiplies this by 1.4, then anybody standing within 14 meters now dies. It increases the size of the lethal splash damage greatly. This works for all explosives, including Claymores. A Claymore will almost always kill the guy who triggers it anyway (unless he is sprinting or has Scrambler Pro) but a Claymore with Danger Close has a much higher chance of killing his mate who is following him into the room. Danger Close has a more noticeable impact with explosives other than the Claymore as they tend to rely on splash damage a bit more. Danger Close with C4 is awesome, it will even kill people on the floor above you if they are standing on that metal floor which you can shoot through which is very common on the industrial themed maps (Scrapyard, Quarry, Sub Base etc)

Apparently Danger Close even works with the Nuke. Okay, the Nuke kills everybody anyway, but if you are trying to unlock Danger Close Pro by getting explosives kills with Danger Close equipped, then any kills with the Nuke actually count towards your total. :lol:

I actually found the same, kerraig. I was playing around 10pm to midnight, and found most of the games I got into were annoyingly laggy, despite none of them switching hosts mid-game or anything.

Getting knifed through a wall was my personal low. :(

Glad it wasn't just me then - I had some absolutely bizarre deaths last night, dropped dead with noone around me, no bullets or explosions and the killcam showed some random bit of gameplay that had nothing to do with me. Very weird.

Not really, it's just you can use the parameters of a private game in public. No advantage it just lasts longer, game time or score limit.

You do you do stuff like that?

Private games with XP (not for boosting, but just for playing) sounds good.