Modern Warfare 2

letsbook

I swear the people who play this have only become more psychic and terrifying since I started. Yesterday on the kill cam I watched some guy casually stroll around a corner on Favela, very deliberately raise his grenade launcher and arc a shot into a bus-stop at the very far end of the level, which I just happened to be running past as it exploded, but from around the corner where he couldn't see me. How, Turok, how?

Its the same as watching decent quake playes, such as Fatality, firing around corners and hitting the usual camping spots.

Started finding some well cheeky spots on this, the flower bed on Terminal is ridiculous, as is the baggage conveyor belt

The infinite ammo glitchers have invaded mercenary TDM now. :angry: Both teams running around firing noob tubes like machine guns, constantly. It's absolutely retarded and you are the one who is punished with a loss for quitting out from the stupid mayhem.

Yes, but leaving yourself in Spectator mode until you've been kicked doesn't yield a loss in my experience.

As crappy as that might sound, I generally check the game before jumping into it, was getting fed up of joining games right at the end or facing a bunch of javalin glitchers etc.

I still have my "ripper" knife running kit even though I hardly ever use it now. USP .45 handgun with a tactical knife, marathon pro, lightweight pro, stopping power pro. Claymore.

Would it be a crazy idea to make the weapon in my primary slot a Barrett 50 cal? You can run at the same speed with a sniper rifle as you can with a submachine gun (you run more slowly if you take a rifle or LMG) and the Ghillie suit looks kinda cool and I guess could come in really handy. You dont need stopping power with the Barrett as far as I am aware (head, chest and gut shots are 1 hit kills regardless) and as somebody who never uses the sniper weapons this might be the best way of bringing them into my game. Any thoughts?

The SCAR pisses me off. I needed to get my 300 kills with it for the 10000 XP and boy was it painful. I had happily got 250 or so kills with it when I first got the game, but I have hardly touched it since. Having to reload after virtually every encounter? Its horrible. Especially as we were stuck playing a team who's tactic was to walk around in a huge group. If encountered, then the best you could hope for its to take one with you before getting killed from the hail of bullets. (and I still like to flank, so it happened to me all the time) My K/D took a hell of a kicking because of that gun. I have my 300 kills and 10,000XP, Ill never use it again.

M4 to do next, I quite like that. The only other gun that I have within decent range of the 300 kill mark is the M16, once that is done I can revert to tinkering with my two favourite rifles, the ACR (:wub:) and the FAMAS.

The SCAR is easily my favourite gun, and that goes to show how well balanced it all is and how it has a gun for everyone. Along with the other benefits, the silencer combats the small clip by meaning you're less likely to get attacked during those reloads. It's good for two to three kills a clip, still.

How does the ACR compare to the SCAR?

I haven't unlocked an ACR yet but i see a lot of people using it.

It has less recoil and a higher rate of fire and although less powerful, still plenty powerful enough. It's just as accurate at range, if not more so imo. I prefer it to the Scar, though I'm enjoying using the Scar again until I get back up to ACR rank.

I still have my "ripper" knife running kit even though I hardly ever use it now. USP .45 handgun with a tactical knife, marathon pro, lightweight pro, stopping power pro. Claymore.

Would it be a crazy idea to make the weapon in my primary slot a Barrett 50 cal? You can run at the same speed with a sniper rifle as you can with a submachine gun (you run more slowly if you take a rifle or LMG) and the Ghillie suit looks kinda cool and I guess could come in really handy. You dont need stopping power with the Barrett as far as I am aware (head, chest and gut shots are 1 hit kills regardless) and as somebody who never uses the sniper weapons this might be the best way of bringing them into my game. Any thoughts?

I like that idea. I don't use a sniper rifle either, although last night I had a few games with one (for about the second time ever). I managed to do the hiding bit well, just not the aiming bit. I think my hiding bits were a bit rubbish as they mostly faced bushes or walls. I like the idea of making a polar build, sniper and knifer all in one. And the suit would be cool.

Forced myself to use the throwing knife in my stealthy class (silenced UMP, marathon, cold blooded + ninja). Its fun to use but I've yet to use it in a situation in which a shot to the head or a stab in the back would be any less effective. Most of my kills came from sneaking up on campers etc and taking my time with the throw.

Still, more satisfying than shooting or meleeing, and was fun watching it back in my game winning killcam :D

The SCAR is easily my favourite gun, and that goes to show how well balanced it all is and how it has a gun for everyone. Along with the other benefits, the silencer combats the small clip by meaning you're less likely to get attacked during those reloads. It's good for two to three kills a clip, still.

I prefer the TAR-21. More powerful, and amazing once you learn to control the kick.

The ACR isn't anywhere near powerful enough for me, when I use it I'm always conscious of dying and thinking that with another gun they'd have been dead by then. Especially against shotgun players at medium range.

The 1887's with akimbo are crazy you can kill from so far away its crazy. Suppose its pretty good that you only get them for 3 lvls before you have to prestige.

Fourzerotwo posted on his twitter that the devs are having some design meetings about the power and range of some shotguns. Expect them to be changed.

Not played that class myself but when I do end up being repeatedly knifed by some (insert swear word here) ripper who actually knows that they're doing and repeatedly gets teh drop on me, they always seem to have the sniper rifle as their main - so I guess it does indeed work.

I think the ACR is better. I'm not sure how the damage per second of both guns compares, but the higher rate of fire from the ACR almost certainly cancels out the higher damage per bullet of the SCAR. It's most definitely a personal preference thing though, I dont like the small clip size of the SCAR, I like guns with a high rate of fire and high accuracy. The ACR gives both. Its the M4 on steroids basically.

Just got the 2500 kills challenge with the SCAR, suffice to say I'm somewhat bored of that gun now. Mostly using the M4 right now, not sure why as it really isn't very good, the ACR does the same damage but with more accuracy, I just like it. It's very satisfying, it just seems to fuck up person after person, reliably, quickly and without running out of ammo. Strange gun.

Only found one infinite ammo game last night but I spent about 30 mins in it, 600 kills/100 deaths. The AC-130 is fucking hillarious. I'd actually like it if they added an infinite ammo, low grav mode. I know it goes completely against what CoD is and that I should go play Quake or whatever but it's so much fun.

Wll I got my FAMAS full unlock doohicky, so I suppose I should bugger around a bit now. Any suggestions about what I should try? I don't really know what I've got unlocked, but I am lvl 38 I think, and I like Claymores.

I think the ACR is better. I'm not sure how the damage per second of both guns compares, but the higher rate of fire from the ACR almost certainly cancels out the higher damage per bullet of the SCAR. It's most definitely a personal preference thing though, I dont like the small clip size of the SCAR, I like guns with a high rate of fire and high accuracy. The ACR gives both. Its the M4 on steroids basically.

M4: 30-20

Scar-H: 40-30

FAMAS: 40-30

M16: 40-30

ACR: 30-20

TAR-21 : 40-30

FN FAL: 55-35

F2000: 30-20

Ak-47: 40-30

For some reason I can't find the ROF anywhere. Still, you're absolutely right about personal preference, I see Kerraig lay waste with the ACR but I find it doesn't pack enough of a punch for my liking.

Interesting shotgun data. Damage is point blank with all shells connecting, range is estimated in feet.

SPAS-12 200+ | 8 pellets. | Range 35. |Hip Spread medium

AA-12 130 | 8 pellets. | Range 26. | Hip Spread large

Striker 140 | 6 pellets. | Range 30. | Hip Spread medium

Ranger 200+ 6 pellets. | Range 20. | Hip Spread medium

M1014 200+ | 8 pellets. | Range 28. | Hip Spread medium

Model 1887 200+ | 6 pellets. | Range 40. | Hip Spread small

Shotgun mounted under an Assault Rifle 130 | 6 pellets. | Range 90. | Hip Spread medium

The 1887's with akimbo are crazy you can kill from so far away its crazy. Suppose its pretty good that you only get them for 3 lvls before you have to prestige.

The team I was playing against last night switched to that class in retaliation against me being a ripper and taking them apart. I got killed more, but the satisfaction of knifing akimbos was worth the deaths I faced.