Modern Warfare 2

letsbook

I'm so torn about prestiging, I'll hit 70 tonight or tomorrow. I know from past experience I don't enjoy it as much when I'm not accumulating little pointless XP figures but equally, all that work for the weapons for nowt.

It has to be done. You'll be glad you did, and the extra class slot is very handy.

M93 Raffica with red dot sight and stopping power is basically an M16 in your secondary weapon slot. I use it on my sniper class and it's saved me so many times when someone's surprised me at close/medium range. I love it. :wub:

There's not enough Raffica love in this thread. I've been using the AA-12 of late, but the Raffica is a beast of a sidearm. I've sniped people from a good way off, and the damage it does is awesome.

The thing ive never understood about the raffica, is why would you want a 3-burst side-arm? If using an assault rifle as your main, its surely going to be better than the raffica. If using the FAMAS or M-16, there's no point carrying an extra smaller version too is there? Most of the sidearms are useful for close range, clearing rooms etc. I just don't see how the raffica really fits in.

I suppose if you are a sniper, the rifle can cover long range, and the raffica can cover medium range. Is that right? Close range combat with a 3 burst gun is often a nightmare.

It deals loads of damage and has a decent sized clip and low recoil, so using it when sneaking about or clearing out a room is a doodle. The G18 for example is full-auto, but crap accuracy (well it doesn't work at anything beyond very close quarters for me), so the Raffica offers a great compromise. You do need to be accurate though, there's little margin for error in a close-up one on one, although the speed of the burst and fast aiming compensate a good deal.

I think the switch to the raffica is as fast as a pistol switch, meaning it's great for when your out of ammo in the middle of a fight. You can also use it in last stand which is odd. Since it's so insanely accurate it's almost worth coupling it with an smg class as a pocket sniper! Lovely, though TMP with extended mag is my fav atm.

The thing ive never understood about the raffica, is why would you want a 3-burst side-arm? If using an assault rifle as your main, its surely going to be better than the raffica. If using the FAMAS or M-16, there's no point carrying an extra smaller version too is there? Most of the sidearms are useful for close range, clearing rooms etc. I just don't see how the raffica really fits in.

I suppose if you are a sniper, the rifle can cover long range, and the raffica can cover medium range. Is that right? Close range combat with a 3 burst gun is often a nightmare.

I probably wouldn't use it with an AR class (I've got the SPAS 12 with grip for that) but for me it's easily the best sniper sidearm. I won't be clearing any rooms with it but it's served me well at close range, and because I use slight of hand pro chances are I'll get my sights up before the other guy if we spot each other at the same time. I've beaten plenty of AR users at medium range with it.

The Raffica is a dream with a SMG as your primary. You can almost snipe with it. Its awesome for picking off those people who like to shoot you from out of windows. I nailed somebody in the house on Estate with a head shot while I was crouched by the boat house. Not bad considring my primary was a UMP 45 submachinegun!

I've changed my mind about the AUG HBAR- it's become my fave gun. It hits a nice middle ground between LMG and AR that at first I found awkward, but it's really grown on me. The super high accuracy of the ACR can fail me at times if my aim is a little off because it shoots so precisely on target.

The slight spray of the AUG has compensated for that lots of times getting me the kill anyway. I also like the larger clip without the huge reload- though I use one man army pro with it primarily so that doesn't matter much for long. I really like the iron sights on it- no circle or arch above the sights- just clear as day if a little large.

sounds brilliant.... i've decided to retire from the game for now, i think fatigue is setting in big time, i've started to not enjoy myself anymore. will come back in a few weeks methinks (i bet the matchmaking will probably pack up around xmas with the sheer amount of traffic anywho)

I tried the unthinkable today (well for me it was anyway) and made a class that was just insane from any sane persons' POV, a person who wants to win anyway. I put bling pro with akimbo mini uzi and rapid fire with stopping power and a PP2000 with extended mags and red dot. Was impossible to aim but amazing when I got a couple of streaks with it. Reminded me a lot of the sensation I got when playing MP on Goldeneye with the dual P90's and just wasting people with it without (though obviously I could have just akimbo'd two P90's and got an even more similar effect)

I eventually toned it down to just one mini uzi silenced and rapid fire which still is basically enough for the short range insta-kills I was getting with it with akimbo on. Managed to win some FFA with this combo which was pretty immense especially when both involved taking out many an akimbo shotgunner in the process :twisted:

One other thing the PP2000 has the same range as the Raffica doesn't it? Just wondering because I have used the Raffica myself and compared the the rapid fire goodness of stuff like the 2000 and I thought why bother using that if they do have the same range, if only for the Raffica's relatively higher bullet damage which in itself is offset because of the three burst nature of the thing.

I eventually toned it down to just one mini uzi silenced and rapid fire which still is basically enough for the short range insta-kills I was getting with it with akimbo on. Managed to win some FFA with this combo which was pretty immense especially when both involved taking out many an akimbo shotgunner in the process :twisted:

Akimbo P90's are the perfect FFA weapon(s).

Yup, you can shoot down UAV's. A few bursts from the TAR or SCAR works nicely too. Hardly anyone in my random gams is using anti-air load-outs at the moment, nor are they using the UAV kill-streak. Fools.

As soon as I hear "Look up, enemy UAV", I always look around for it. A few squeezes of my M16A4 with FMJ and it's gone. It feels like I've shot hundreds of the buggers down.

Played a game today and i kid ye not, 2/3 of the feckers were using akimbo 1887s.

Had some terrible play today, i think i was tired and the net was slow. I hate it when you come round the corner and you know that you fired but on the killcam it shows you idling round the corner and getting ventilated without firing a shot.

Well i've managed to find something even more annoying than playing against a group of 3/4 akimbo shottys... Home early for Xmas, set up my 360 but my parents house has a shockingly poor broadband wireless signal. Was moving the xbox to another spot to try and improve the signal. I Thought - oh how I thought - i'd turned it off before moving... but I hadn't. In the move the disk evidently got a little dislodged and when I opened the draw - two giant circles on the disk all the way around rendering the disk now unreadable. :angry::angry::angry: