Modern Warfare 2

letsbook

Its amazing how few people shoot down a Counter UAV though!

Second any uav or air support go up i'm scanning the skies. Was having a total ball earlier with it, the other team were doing superbly but all their killstreaks were biting the dust as soon as they went up! Harriers i just see as a flying 400 points icon nowadays.

I didn't know you could shoot uav with rifles though, i'll have to have a go at that next game.

Akimbo P90's are the perfect FFA weapon(s).

Akimbo UMP 45's are better. I think the UMP might be the best gun on the game. Its easily the best Submachine gun. Go Akimbo, stick rapid fire on too. You dont even need stopping power, its a three bullet kill at any range. You can be a bit more creative with perk #2. Hardline is pretty nice.

I didn't know you could shoot uav with rifles though, i'll have to have a go at that next game.

You can take down any Air Support that isnt the AC 130 if you shoot at it for long enough. UAV & Counter UAV (well, they are essentially the same thing) go down pretty quickly though.

Do knife/commando pro stabs have some invincibility while the animation carries out? Because several times I KNOW I killed the other person (like two shots from akimbo 1887's that I picked up) as the stab began

This is a total guess, but I assume that one the melee has been pressed then it hits whether the animation has played or not. The animation is canned, it has nothing to do with the hit registering. Tactical knives not having an animation from the victims point of view prove that.

Its the same with bullets. The crosshair is what determines the hit, not the rendered bullet. This is why it sometimes looks like you only get hit with one bullet in a killcam, or sometimes it looks like the bullet misses you completely. The maths of whether you live or die is utterly invisible. The graphical rendering of the bullets is just eye candy.

What about the times when you go into the lunge but miss because they've moved? I'm not convinced that the hit is worked out from the instant you push the stick. It's not as if it would be the only animation that has invincibility (last stand). Speaking of which it appears you can knife during that drop, which makes it unstoppable (when they're that close). At other ranges you still have to wait to switch to pistol at which point the invincibility will have run out.

This is a total guess, but I assume that one the melee has been pressed then it hits whether the animation has played or not. The animation is canned, it has nothing to do with the hit registering. Tactical knives not having an animation from the victims point of view prove that.

Its the same with bullets. The crosshair is what determines the hit, not the rendered bullet. This is why it sometimes looks like you only get hit with one bullet in a killcam, or sometimes it looks like the bullet misses you completely. The maths of whether you live or die is utterly invisible. The graphical rendering of the bullets is just eye candy.

Ive definately taken people down mid commando lunge though

I don't think there is any invincibility in the animation, I just think the melée strike is instant, the game checks if you are in range and if you are then the strike hits. You almost teleport to your target if you have commando on.

Like I said, I am of the opinion that the game does the maths before the animation is played. This definitely appears to be the case with shooting, the graphical rendering of the bullets have nothing to do with the mathematical bullets you fire, they are drawn a fraction of a second later and serve as eye candy and as a tracer round. I might be completely wrong of course, it's just my guess.

Up until 2 days ago i could play online but not anymore!!

ri

it just keeps searching for games and never connects.. wtf? i understand this has happened to others as well recently.

Mine did this - turned out my 360 decided to go from an open NAT to Strict. A lot of sodding about ensued, changing IP addresses, re-booting router, changing cables, etc and then it decided to switch back to open.

My NAT is open and I haven't changed any settings but out of nowhere I'm no longer able to host effectively and when it does stupidly give me host I'm unable to migrate so the game just ends. At least 50% of the host migrations I see these days give it to a bad host and the game just lags and then drops out anyway. Wish I knew what I could do to try and avoid this on my part, when I was in Stafford it used to almost always give me host and I never had any problems.

I remember the meltdown of XBL in the COD4 Era, can't remember exactly when it was, although I think it was around christmas. The whole XBL service pretty much melted. Couldn't get a game at all for weeks.

Chill out mate, they gave us that amazing scuba diving game for free because of it. I still play it most days.

You kids obviously should've got the PS3 version. Those servers are working fine right now. Plus, you could've seen me just get 22 kills, 6 assists and 2 deaths in a round of Team Deathmatch.

God, I fucking love this game. I'm so glad I started reading this topic just before it launched and everyone was so enthusiastic, otherwise I wouldn't have given this a second look.

Oh just had an awesome game with some randoms. It had gone to overtime and the other team were very well organised, defending B in Scrapyard Demolition really well. That one is hard to get anyway unless you get it first, neither team had managed it in the first two rounds. At one point I shot down a Pave Low with the thumper. Anyway with less than a 40 seconds left in overtime I managed to get a fw slightly lucky kills of guys who were trying to knofe me, and got a precision airstrike. Dropped it on the target and because 4 or so of the other team were waiting to spawn, one of our team managed to get in for a sneaky plant. This lead to a frantic battle around the bomb, with me firing thumper rounds all over the place :D

We won, which was really satsifying!

And I've had no lag at all recently, almost all my games the last few days have been with everyone on 4 bar connections (although a lot of those I seem to be host).

Has something happened to FFA? I've just played six games of either 18 or 20 player FFA, which was nuts. Half of the time all you had to do to score at the start was look left and knife the person who spawned next to you. It was great fun, but manic doesn't begin to describe it.

I don't think there is any invincibility in the animation, I just think the melée strike is instant, the game checks if you are in range and if you are then the strike hits. You almost teleport to your target if you have commando on.

Like I said, I am of the opinion that the game does the maths before the animation is played. This definitely appears to be the case with shooting, the graphical rendering of the bullets have nothing to do with the mathematical bullets you fire, they are drawn a fraction of a second later and serve as eye candy and as a tracer round. I might be completely wrong of course, it's just my guess.

I killed 2 more commando guys mid lunge today. Its definately not a foregone kill until the knife connects

Just had a few FFA games where 2 players with the same clan tag were kill-spawning using tactical insertions to get AC130s and Nukes, I pmed the others in the game and we started witchhunts on each level to find and fuck up their plans. They quit after a couple of games of that! Take that spawn fuckers! Everyone else had a great time!

I killed 2 more commando guys mid lunge today. Its definately not a foregone kill until the knife connects

what gun did you kill them with? I'm kinda thinking shotguns can stop lunges to give them the close range power they deserve.