IGNORED

Modern Warfare 2

letsbook

Nah, Snoop, you're our star player, it's just slightly frustrating that mook signed up to AFGM but I can't ever get him into our games. I'm not sure he's played with us once, but maybe he has and we weren't good enough for him. :)

Sorry Blue - it must seem like a poor show on my part. When I signed up for AFGM I underestimated just how popular MW2 would be with be with my real life mates. The only reason that I don't accept your invites is I'm already partied up, and it's difficult to extricate myself with seeming rude. Rest assured it's not a reflection on your skills or lack there of. :unsure:

I'd be more than happy to play with you guys. If we can set a date and time in advance, I'll be there.

The SPAS 12 is a shotgun right? I normally have some shit rocket launcher in my second shot, but it never takes anything down so it's pretty pointless.

I don't usually switch weapons all that much while I'm playing though. I suppose it's due to the fact that any weapon will take anybody out immediately, so I don't feel it necessary.

I really need to start learning the nuances of the game if I'm going to enjoy it though.

I kept the same sat up until I was about L34/36 John, which was basically a FAMAS with whatever I needed to level up at the time. All I ever used to carry with it was something from the launcher class, as I never felt I needed a secondary weapon.

Whilst there are obvious advantages to having certain weps in certain situations, I honestly think the key to winning encounters is being prepared for when they are likely to happen - and that means map knowledge. Observation is the absolute master tool in MW2, and like Timmo has remarked, you'll play better often by concentrating on not getting killed than killing.

That doesn't mean that you can't take the fight to them, and I rarely camp in FFA games, but it does mean playing quite a bit until you know where the folk are likely to be going to and coming from. Once you're all over that, weapon choice is about what you want to play with, not what you need. You can beat anyone with anything. People (myself included) will spunk over the ACR for example, but you're at no disadvantage facing off against one with a basic FAMAS if you're prepared and observant.

Silenced FAMAS + Stopping Power, and everything else you can choose what suits you. The idea in this game is to see the person before they see you, or put yourself in the map location that you can react to them before they can react to you. Every gun kills so quick, as soon as they see you, you might as well be dead. This is the reason the silencer is the only piece of my loadout I always take.

You might have unlocked it already or be 1 or 2 levels away but the Tar 21 is my gun of choice at the moment, silenced of course.

Dazza & any Irish guys.... Joooinnnn Us... Norn Iron Monday nite 8pm play with such celebs as Pro Evo Legend *chin*, Bolthole master Carred, Gringo and err... me! Few other lads from my Wolfenstein Enemy Territory clan, VPL| .. All Irish Mondays, 8pm. Ground War :angry:

I was just about to post that video, bah! I use roughly that exact same set-up, except I prefer Command Pro over Scrambler. Been using it for weeks and its unbelievably fun to use despite it making you a bad person. I also have it on my RPD, Sniper and Stealth class so I can switch between them depending on my needs. Pave Low with Danger Close Pro is just brutal and is better than Chopper Gunner on maps which aren't suited to it (Karachi being the main one).

I've never really got on with noob tubing in the game, but the fact that the setup is so effective might make me learn to use them properly. Mainly though it just makes me want to use Danger Close pro, forgot about it effecting the killstreaks (and therefore making it very tempting indeed).

That bit with the chopper hovering over the shops in the airport and just racking up kills is insane. Man, everyone is going to be using that set-up now.

Great video, mind. I love WOR.

That's why K/D whores play Domination though, and its why a lot of the big score games are in Domination games. Its a lot easier to know where the enemy are and where they are spawning in those modes. I only play TDM, and I watch the videos where Wings (and other players) keep their backs to areas which they know are pretty safe from enemy spawn. I dont think you can do that as often in TDM.

The video is great though. Im sure lots of people will copy it, especially on Danger Close maps like Terminal and Afghan, but thats kinda the point isnt it? You have to make a big enough part of the community bitch about it in order to get the developer to listen. The best way to make people bitch about something is to have them suffer at the hands of it, and the best way to get them to suffer at the hands of it is to spread the word.

FAO:

The Terrorist class works brilliantly well on Karachi if you go to the 'dick roof' (the highest roof, it's near to the clock tower statue and over looks domination base B.

And camping by the fuel tank 'dick roof' on Terminal.

On Derail, just camp the central ware house with claymores at each entrance.

Favela's 'dick roof' (has a ladder that leads up to it from one of the team's spawn).

Highrise helipad allows you to camp both buildings spawn points (and 6 out of 8 entrances onto the majority of the map).

On Invasion the Coffee shop is probs the best place to camp.

On Sub Base the Warehouse upper level is the best spot.

And Rundown, the big house which overlooks the 3 bridges on the same side as the Villa is the best place.

Well for once I have to thank a pair of nuke boosters - without whose unbelievable stupidity I wouldn't have just got a 36 kill death streak without the use if chopper gunner or ac130. I was playing dom on the shanty map (name escapes me) and was up in the building overlooking c. Dude comes in, my claymore gets him, lay down new claymore same thing again and again in incredibly quick sucession. Then someone on my team turns up and just starts waiting around. I find this odd but don't think anything of it really. Anyway no sooner does this happen but bang my claymore goes off again. Then his mate (on my team) starts chucking flashbangs at me when his mate enters the room - but luckily the enemy player is so shit that I cap him even though stunned. Claymores down again and now I'm just watching the door... He's obviously tactical'd right underneath so no sooners have I reloaded than he's back again and again.

His mate keeps trying to stand in my way but realising it's not working he has to go off get himself killed (to replenish his stun grenades) the he's back and tries a few times at running in with his mate (now 4 stun grenades coming in). Still does nothing though as they're so woefully terrible at the game. I hold out for 36 kills (litterally exhausted by the end it's so fast) when sadly I got capped by the two idiots and two more of their mates who decide to join the party. Amazing scenes. I went straight back there and... End score for me 61 - 5. If only I'd had nuke set up! Next game though was quarry and they were evidently the other side of the map to me... air support within minutes... All of which I shot down! Finally got them. When they were obviously 2 off their nuke judging by the message they sent me afterwards. Let's just say bein called a c*** has never felt so good in my life.

I think that latest WOR video says it all about the thought (or lack thereof) that went into some of the new perks and kill-streaks. I really love this game, I've already put over 5 days into it, but when you realise just how broken some parts of it are you do have to wonder what the developers were thinking.

Like WOR says, you have to think about how badly something can/will be abused. The same thing happened with Gears 2 - changes were made or features added that could be abused in such a way, or upset the balance in such a way as to make it no fun. I'm sure it would be great to run about with that set-up for a laugh, but as he says, it renders the guns worthless. Sure it was Domination, so the spawns were easily abused with the Chopper Gunner, but still, in TDM the game would be over really fast on a map like Terminal or Highrise.

I hope that IW are busy at work looking seriously at the balance of some of the perks, the spawn system, and so on, because in the longer term, if it goes unchecked and more and more people abuse the imbalances, the game will become less and less fun to play the way it was intended to be, and how most people enjoy playing it.

It's so sad. I have a similar thing on FFA on highrise, three chumps kept rushing towards the back of one of the bases and then all camping it, one of them sitting on top of a tactical insertion. No idea what they were trying to achieve really, everyone just started rushing their spot (which they kept returning to even though they got busted) and it was a piss easy double/triple kill just the pop a semtex towards their position. Don't know if they were boosting kills, or trying to work as a team, or what, but it didn't really work. I ended up coming second anyway and I was playing properly.

The thing is I don't really know what IW can do to patch these sorts of issues. Definitely a good solution would be to have mercenary modes for every playlist, maybe to remove clutter have it selectable after you select the mode or something. No need to have two seperate playlists in the menu really.

That OMA kit has been around for absolutely ages, even in this thread. I don't know why he's suddenly moaning about it now in this video, people have had access to it for a long, long time and it's fine, I've played against people doing it and it's not that hard to kill them.

In the video he's more pointing out a flaw in the map (terminal is terrible on Domination if a semi-decent team has the upper levels).

Omnicide. :angry:

Makes you wonder why there wasn't a public beta for this.

Edit: I realise OMA is a later perk though.

Doesn't really matter, since you're always ranking up, even the shittest of players will have access to it after a little playtime.

I've been experimenting with it today, good if you're playing idiots, but otherwise I find people are quite easily countering it. Not amazing for TDM.

Agreed that domination spawns really are fucked. In a game last night with Uzi + imp we must have spawned about 5 times each into the corridor on skidrow infront of someone's sights. It really can't be that hard to fix surely?

As far as OMA goes, i think it should put a limit on all ammo types. For example you can only have 2 noob tubes, switching to another noob tube class will not replenish them, and it will only give you a gun full of ammo if it uses a different ammo type. It would make the perk a bit more believable too.

I've had some amazing games with that kit, but equally, I've done rubbish with it just as much. Once people cotton on, they're constantly after you and it gets hard to get into a good rhythm with it.

I almost never play ground war though, I can see where things might get silly there.

And yeah - spawning is fucked - that needs to be fixed first IMO.

Well, now there's no way I'm manning the fuck up and Prestiging while we keep seeing this kind of thing in the game. I'm coming to the end of my time regularly playing the thing anyway. For all the talk about broken perks, nothing gives you an advantage like four green bars. The lag was awful on my session today. I went 11-23 in one match, the next was 30-4. Now if it worked in my favour every time, I'd be laughing...

In addition to that, I think I broke my record for being dumped late into an inevitable defeat. I entered with six seconds to go. Why would the game deem it appropriate to do that? There's nothing to gain for anyone. It just means I have to wait another minute to actually get some play time in.

I think I must have played against Bill Gates or the head of IW, or someone, yesterday. On the after-game leader table, his name was in red. In RED, people! His gamertag was "allah", and he didn't show up in my "recently met players" list thereafter. Who was that, I wonder.

I have prestiged again just to force myself off an over-reliance on my danger close set-up on a couple of maps. :)

That video... He's really angry isn't he?

"IW need to offer an apology to everyone who bought it" "What were they thinking" "It's broken" "It's doesn't come close to living up to the hype" "I don't want to play, I need to play it because everyone else is".....

For a man who spent £40-odd on an entertainment product that he's got over eleven solid days worth of playtime out of, you'd think he'd cut it a little slack.

And watching that video, I'm pretty certain that my team would win that game of domination against him and his team of randoms. We'd clearly all finish with a negative K/D ratio, but we'd get them bases.

Well for once I have to thank a pair of nuke boosters... End score for me 61 - 5.

Amaze.

That OMA kit has been around for absolutely ages, even in this thread. I don't know why he's suddenly moaning about it now in this video, people have had access to it for a long, long time and it's fine, I've played against people doing it and it's not that hard to kill them.

In the video he's more pointing out a flaw in the map (terminal is terrible on Domination if a semi-decent team has the upper levels).

Yup, i dont think OMA is a problem myself, more-so the spawning. OMA really isnt much different than something like scavenger, you can go for a long time getting more ammo with that too. People dont like to get rid of their secondary weapon either (that includes all the launchers to take down air attacks), so most people wont use it. I can have equally good and bad rounds using a similar setup, he just happens to have recorded a time were the chopper gunner is perfectly placed (doesnt always happen) and the enemy seems stupid enough to keep running to the same spots in groups and when they did manage to get near him they didnt even see him right infront of them :)

That video... He's really angry isn't he?

"IW need to offer an apology to everyone who bought it" "What were they thinking" "It's broken" "It's doesn't come close to living up to the hype" "I don't want to play, I need to play it because everyone else is".....

For a man who spent £40-odd on an entertainment product that he's got over eleven solid days worth of playtime out of, you'd think he'd cut it a little slack.

And watching that video, I'm pretty certain that my team would win that game of domination against him and his team of randoms. We'd clearly all finish with a negative K/D ratio, but we'd get them bases.

Hmmm i think i actually agree with him. Having endless noob tubes without even having to scavenge for ammo IS a bit broken. It promotes camping massively and means you need very little skill to be dominant. You could easily set claymore up to protect you in a corner then watch angles with the toob. Theres very VERY little an enemy could do to counter that. And if you had a team of 3 or 4 doing it the other team would be in real trouble. In that video its pretty hard to see what any team could do to counter once the first harrier goes up.

I'd support a patch to make OMA not reload your explosives and also for air support to not count towards your killstreaks. I'm still loving the game completely, but because stuff like this isn't in abundance. I think if those kinds of classes get exploited the game will grow old for me real fast

They aren't running to the same spot, they're spawning there.

He seems to have all the time in the world at the back of the airport, in my experience, playing against a good team, after a few grenade kills, people will flank around from both sides and through the middle (he racked up kills with the claymore alot and they still kept coming back through without throwing a flash or something first) - a few times people did get near him and just stared at him without even firing. OMA is a problem on some domination maps, but alot of them you'll get killed and wont be able to get nearly as many kills (and i imagine when people start copying him, they'll realise that and switch back). He's a good player and he's picking out his best clips which makes some perks seem more powerful than they actually are - i doubt many would be able to replicate that game after game. I wouldnt have a problem with them removing the infinite ammo on the grenade launchers (since i never use them), but i dont think its as big a problem as hes making out.

The spawn points are ridiculous alot of the time though (and thats the problem with the video, more-so than OMA which has its downsides to using), i've both given out and been on the receiving end of a chopper above a spawn point and its definitly no fun.