IGNORED

Modern Warfare 2

letsbook

Aye, its the spawning. That's why all the big score videos get posted on Domination, because you can predict where people will spawn and trap them there. there. When he is hammering the chopper gunner into the duty free shop and racking up kill after kill after kill after kill, its because the other team were spawn trapped. That wouldnt happen in other modes. Perhaps IW need to address the spawn system in Domination.

Aye, its the spawning. That's why all the big score videos get posted on Domination, because you can predict where people will spawn and trap them there. there. When he is hammering the chopper gunner into the duty free shop and racking up kill after kill after kill after kill, its because the other team were spawn trapped. That wouldnt happen in other modes. Perhaps IW need to address the spawn system in Domination.

yeah but even in TDM, the chopper gunner can see anywhere on that map easily. If they'd suddenly started spawning at the bottom of the escalator all the chopper would have to do is turn round and carry on spamming

It's tiresome how many people just play domination because it's easier to get a better K/D than TDM. Literally no interest in capturing bases at all.

They should stop the k/d ratio in domination counting towards your overall ratio. Problem solved, hopefully IW will listen and give the whole scoring system an overhaul.

It's tiresome how many people just play domination because it's easier to get a better K/D than TDM. Literally no interest in capturing bases at all.

However, you can only get a decent ratio in Domination by having two bases. So capturing bases is an essential part of achieving a good ratio otherwise you are on the back spawn and its hard to stay alive. I dont disagree that people do play domination to farm kills, but if there arent people on their team capturing bases it doesnt actually work. On the whole I think Dom is the most balanced of all the game types as if you dont play for objectives you get raped.

i'm considering some domination and stuffs i think for more kills. each time i have a good game it finishes. :lol: went 36-2 earlier on wasteland, which is a map that i hate! just got out of my chopper gunner and was looking to get killed deliberately to start a fresh killstreak adn the game ended - they were all so stupid on the opposite team that one tactic worked and they never seemed to clock on to it, i just moved around to a different entrance and did it there instead! xD

I had a couple of hours on MW2 last night and discovered something about my game - I can't play TDM modes at all. I was last in all the Merc TDM matches I played, struggling to keep above 1.0 KD and failing lots of times. Luckily I did make some strategic kills so I didn't feel totally useless - defending the rear etc. If I was on anyone's team here, I apologise but I can't have been too bad because the team I was on won every match.

I switched over to FFA for the last 5 rounds or so, and finished in the top 3 every time no problem.

I'd prefer to play TDM because you get twice as many XP, and I'm still not even up to level 20. Exactly how are you supposed to play it well?

I'd prefer to play TDM because you get twice as many XP, and I'm still not even up to level 20. Exactly how are you supposed to play it well?

A general tip would be to keep an eye on your team. I'm not even talking about covering them per se, simply knowing where they are will help you track down the enemy. For instance I like to press Start every now and then — preferably whilst not sat out in the open, obviously — so that I can see how my side is spread out on the map. The places they aren't is where the enemy will spawn, so it gives you an idea of where other players will be coming from and thus which direction you should be covering.

In my experience sticking close to your team mates is a bad idea. If you're stood right behind someone when they rush into an area chances are whoever kills them will take you out as well, often inadvertently. If you do want to move around with other friendly players don't hang on to their coattails, take an alternate route to where they seem to be heading and watch their flanks. You die so quick in this game there's no real advantage in having two people shooting the same target, unlike Halo.

To be honest I'm not that great a player, but I do consider myself to be a fairly useful one. I'm always putting UAVs up and shooting down enemy air support, so whilst I don't always top the charts in terms of pure score you could argue that I'm playing the mode the way you're supposed to. If the question you were really asking was, "How do I score big points in TDM?" I imagine the answer will be more selfish.

It might have been talked about before, but have others encountered care packages that contain absolutely nothing as well? You basically hold down X, the package disappears and you get aboslutely nothing for it. Happened to me quite a few times already.

It might have been talked about before, but have others encountered care packages that contain absolutely nothing as well? You basically hold down X, the package disappears and you get aboslutely nothing for it. Happened to me quite a few times already.

It's almost certainly someone else grabbing it at the same time.

I've been playing that OMA build all weekend, it's good and all but it's not as broken as he says. Or maybe I'm not as good a player :lol:

I had a couple of hours on MW2 last night and discovered something about my game - I can't play TDM modes at all. I was last in all the Merc TDM matches I played, struggling to keep above 1.0 KD and failing lots of times.

I've often found MTDM matches to be far more difficult than regular TDM. I don't know if it's just the luck of the draw or if the majority of clans in this game are thoroughly dreadful and stick to too obvious methods.

If the question you were really asking was, "How do I score big points in TDM?" I imagine the answer will be more selfish.

well the main reason I started playing FFA was because I don't like to spoil anyone else's game. In FFA you only have yourself to worry about. I figure if I can get to a place where I'm net positive for the team mostly then I'll feel less guilty and I reckon points will come as you get more kills. Right now I'm trying to level up the scar since it looks like a good way to level up. There's that bit where you need grenade kills though which feels cheap. I got a grenade triple-kill in ffa last night.

I didn't know you could get a bigger map while playing. I think you need to know the maps better in tdm as well, seems like you can get by on FFA just running and twitch shooting when you get lost, but if you try that on tdm you'll run

into a bunch and die.

It's quite tricky to think strategically when you don't know your way around, the game is too fast to let you have time to think.

Played the Special ops mission with the helicopter and one of you on the ground last night.

jizz.jpg

I've been using the WA2000 sniper rifle which I found to be very weedy after using the Barret but last night it clicked. I had it with a silencer and ACOG and was dropping bodies like Rambo. Amazing turn around as I'd played earlier with the guys from here and I couldn't hit have hit water if I'd fallen out a boat.

Hating the wee stabby wanks that overpopuate the smaller maps though.

He pullsh a knife, you pull a gun, he shends one of yours to the hoshpital, you shend one of hish to the morgue.

It's almost certainly someone else grabbing it at the same time.

I've been playing that OMA build all weekend, it's good and all but it's not as broken as he says. Or maybe I'm not as good a player :(

He makes it look worse than it is because hes a good player - plenty of people have known about it for a while and just changed back to using their normal classes after trying it out because it isnt that effective (i get about as many kills/deaths as i do using any other of my classes and firing nades isnt anywhere near as fun as firing bullets at people). On a different note, has anyone got the attack helicopter as one of their rewards? I changed it from harrier to give it a try and it seems useless, had it out maybe 3 or 4 times and only managed about 2 kills combined (and none of them were shot down) :( .

Played for a few hours yesterday too, had a couple of games in a party and we struggled to get into a game. Played on my own for a while after that and it seemed very laggy (lots of people complaining about it). Anyone else have any problems?

One Man Army is surely no more effective than using Scavenger? You end up with more ammo refills than you know what to do with using that setup.

Yeah but you have to go and collect your refills using Scavenger. If you just want to hide in the long grass popping rifle grenades into busy corridors all day, OMA obviously has a big advantage.

I had a couple of hours on MW2 last night and discovered something about my game - I can't play TDM modes at all. I was last in all the Merc TDM matches I played, struggling to keep above 1.0 KD and failing lots of times.

well the main reason I started playing FFA was because I don't like to spoil anyone else's game. In FFA you only have yourself to worry about. I figure if I can get to a place where I'm net positive for the team mostly then I'll feel less guilty and I reckon points will come as you get more kills. Right now I'm trying to level up the scar since it looks like a good way to level up. There's that bit where you need grenade kills though which feels cheap. I got a grenade triple-kill in ffa last night.

I didn't know you could get a bigger map while playing. I think you need to know the maps better in tdm as well, seems like you can get by on FFA just running and twitch shooting when you get lost, but if you try that on tdm you'll run

into a bunch and die.

It's quite tricky to think strategically when you don't know your way around, the game is too fast to let you have time to think.

My good man, this game is populated by many experienced players and absolutely brutal. If you are managing to break even at times at level 20, you're doing pretty well and your attitude of simply trying to be in the positive is what teams want and need.

There is no "cheap" in your situation. Feel no guilt at noob tubing people who have many more perks, weapons and experience than you - they'll happily "tube" you. It's about getting that score in the positive by any means the game allows. :(

Map knowledge is a HUGE part of having any chance of doing well in TDM. Knowing your way around is the least of it. Take some time to start a private match with unlimited time/no join in progress, to check out the maps without the pressure of someone trying to kill you. Work out lines of sight, different routes from a to b and who can see you at any given location, etc.

Yes, I've had this a few times when I ran care packages and no-one else was around. No question about it.

I use Harrier>Pave Low>AC130 kill streaks and there have been a few times when I've got a steak of over 11 but I haven't been given an AC130.

Why is this?

That happened to me the other day but with the harrier, called it in and it said the air space was too crowded and then i couldnt use it again. I figured it was just one of those weird one time things which would probably never happen again (and so far it hasnt).

are you sure someone else wasn't claiming it at the same time?

Yeah, I often choose a spot with no team mates around, as they draw attention away from me. It doesn't happen too often, but it did happen.

EDIT: just saw Blue's post. Glad it's not just me then. :(

Anyway, I'm a experimenting a bit now and playing with the shield is a good laugh. Yesterday I had a harrier shooting at me for what seemed like ages, but not killing me. Gained me a lot of points.

Really love shotgunning. Don't know why I didn't do this earlier. It's so satisfying to clear building by blowing people away left and right. I'm using the AA with extended mags, is that generally regarded as being the best shotgun?