IGNORED

Modern Warfare 2

letsbook

Okay, I'm feeling pretty pissed off right now. ;)

I was just 20-4 in a FFA game, I was on an 11/12 kill streak (just got that reward for 10 kills without dying) and I had my Harrier and Pave Low in the air at the same time. I shot some guy and I guess he ragequit because the host migration screen came up, then instead of counting back in the game it went to third party spectator mode and I had to pick my class again. When I did I was back to 0 kills and 0 deaths, yet everybody else in the game didnt have their score affected.

What. The. Fuck?

Just had my first game of FFA since having my 360 returned from repair, and I managed to squeak first place which was nice!

It was really weird playing it after a week off though, it felt like the whole screen was zoomed in, very strange sensation.

I had this problem using HDMI when i set up my replaced 360, i had to set the TV to 'Just Scan' otherwise it would zoom in far too much and cut corners of games and films (Samsung 37).

Nah, I stand by it. I much prefer 5.1 headphones to 5.1 speakers for gaming. Not for watching movies, but if I had to chose one or the other for a game of MW2, I'd take the headphones all day long.

o/

I've got the Turtle beach 5.1 wireless headphones and they are outstanding for gaming. In MW2 no-one without ninja pro equipped will ever, EVER sneak up on you. You hear them coming up behind you from miles away.

I had this problem using HDMI when i set up my replaced 360, i had to set the TV to 'Just Scan' otherwise it would zoom in far too much and cut corners of games and films (Samsung 37).

That's because any mode other than Just Scan/1:1/Dot-by-Dot (or the various other names the different TV manaufacturers use to refer to those modes) always has the edges of the image extend beyond the edges of the screen. It's a hangover from the days where it was necessary to prevent ragged edges of TV broadcasts being visible. On some sets as much as 5%-10% is missing. It's referred to as overscan.

You can use the same mode with any source when feeding the TV with a resolution that matches the panel (usually 1080 on most new HD TV's).

Whenever I don't play MW2 for a few days I feel like I'm drunk and falling into the screen for the first few minutes. Very weird sensation.

Fristly - MetalAligator - sorry, was just logging off before you sent me the invite. And I would say sorry for shooting you when you popped up in my game but i'm pretty sure you capped me back :-p

Second - What are peoples opinions on the Tar21? Just started using it with a silencer and i've got to say I really liked it, one of the only guns i've not really tried. Racked up some nice scores with it so far but finding it gimped long distance? Or do I just need to get used to it?

Couple evenings ago I wasn't doing so well, had a really terrible run of games, just seemed to keep getting outdone by the opposing teams.

So I went back to basics, used the default FAMAS class and care package/predator missile.

Topping the tables, I was. FAMAS and stopping power is a beast.

I think I was being a little stale, my custom classes need a freshen-up.

I can buy that 5.1 headphones are a decent substitute if you don't have a good surround system, but better? Naaah.

For a real sound eexperience that isn't practical like movies and some single player gaming, good speakers are of course better because you are surrounded by an onslaught of sound which is great for immersion and enjoymennt. But for being able to focus and recognise things like the direction of a very specific noise or sound, the isolated nature of headphones are way way better.

Couple evenings ago I wasn't doing so well, had a really terrible run of games, just seemed to keep getting outdone by the opposing teams.

So I went back to basics, used the default FAMAS class and care package/predator missile.

Topping the tables, I was. FAMAS and stopping power is a beast.

I think I was being a little stale, my custom classes need a freshen-up.

Came here to post almost exactly this. Took the plunge and Prestiged and after the initial shock wore off (WHERE'S MY STUFF?! MY ACR! MY AK!) got right back into the groove with the FAMAS. It's extraordinary! What a monster of a gun. The three-round burst = 1 kill is incredibly satisfying. Can't believe I ignored it in favour of the MP5 (which I loved in COD4) when I started.

Second - What are peoples opinions on the Tar21? Just started using it with a silencer and i've got to say I really liked it, one of the only guns i've not really tried. Racked up some nice scores with it so far but finding it gimped long distance? Or do I just need to get used to it?

You really need to get used to the gun to be able to spray at range, at first just fire in small bursts. Once you've gotten used to the gun enough, you'll be able to instinctively counter-act the recoil as it comes, and hold down the trigger without losing your target.

It's a fucking beast of a gun, I've completed the 2500 kill prestige challenge with it, and I still use it all the time.

I've just picked it up myself. I think I will have a 5 or 6 level shaped hole between finishing off the UMP stuff and unlocking the ACR. I think the TAR will fill that space. Two shot bursts seem to keep it accurate at almost any range, I have already managed a couple of long shots with it using just the iron sights. It kicks a lot, but in very close quarters I think it will behave on full auto.

Does the silencer reduce the recoil btw?

I've just picked it up myself. I think I will have a 5 or 6 level shaped hole between finishing off the UMP stuff and unlocking the ACR. I think the TAR will fill that space. Two shot bursts seem to keep it accurate at almost any range, I have already managed a couple of long shots with it using just the iron sights. It kicks a lot, but in very close quarters I think it will behave on full auto.

Does the silencer reduce the recoil btw?

Not sure, but I pretty much always use it silenced, so maybe. I really like the iron sights too, so I don't need to use bling. At close to mid range full auto on the TAR is fine, it's only at long range that you need to burst.

It's crazy powerful too, I pretty much use it by default on all my classes without stopping power, as it doesn't really need it. If you do use stopping power with it you drop people insanely fast.

Another TAR fan here - silenced with FMJ as standard and it seems to do the job of taking folk down nicely.

Am trying out the ACR now, but can't get on with it's iron sights at all. Put red dot on and all is peachy again, but if I want to silence it I'll miss the FMJ fun :/

Hmmm... I think i'll try the iron sights, was using bling (holo and Silencer) but I missed Scavanger too much and was running out of ammo.

To the point earlier about classes becoming stale - couldn't agree more, have played almost exclusively with the scar for about the past 30 levels on this prestige and was fairly lethal with it, but at the moment can't hit a barn door with the bugger. Switched to the Tar and bingo evil doers hitting the dirt. It's really odd...

How much does the silencer nerf guns, is it only really noticible at range?

I never, ever use a silencer and I'm thinking that's why although I regularly win FFA games and am nearly always top 3, I still pick up quite a lot of deaths too. I rarely get a kill streak above 5, I'm thinking it's because I give away my position too easily when I'm killing other people.

I think I've used a silencer twice at the most and it just seemed to reduce my bullet damage too much so I never bothered with it again.

bestchartever.png

@ bimbam, the red line is unsuppressed, the blue line is with a silencer. Broadly speaking, Stopping Power will cancel the negative effects of a silencer. (it completely cancels the negative effects of a silencer on LMG and Sniper rifles)

SMG's tend to drop to their lower damage range at such a short distance anyway that you might as well silence, and with guns like the vector and UMP where the drop from maximum to minimum damage is only five points, its difficult to justify not silencing them. Its a bit more down to personal preference with the Assault Rifles. I'd recommend silencing the ACR though, rate of fire and balls on accuracy are all that gun needs.

How much does the silencer nerf guns, is it only really noticible at range?

I never, ever use a silencer and I'm thinking that's why although I regularly win FFA games and am nearly always top 3, I still pick up quite a lot of deaths too. I rarely get a kill streak above 5, I'm thinking it's because I give away my position too easily when I'm killing other people.

I think I've used a silencer twice at the most and it just seemed to reduce my bullet damage too much so I never bothered with it again.

At distance sure it does nerf your damage a bit, but you learn to compensate. But it makes no difference up close. Personally I only have one 'noisy' i.e. non silenced class. Couldn't live without silencer on every class I run pretty much - so often if there's 2 people running past you can get one the other guy doesn't even notice so you get him in your own time. My KD has shot up constantly since I started using it.

For a real sound eexperience that isn't practical like movies and some single player gaming, good speakers are of course better because you are surrounded by an onslaught of sound which is great for immersion and enjoymennt. But for being able to focus and recognise things like the direction of a very specific noise or sound, the isolated nature of headphones are way way better.

I just reproduced that experiment by myself. Went to the truck, closed my eyes and spun myself around, stopping randomly, ten times and it was clear as day where the truck was, even on the diagonal. His wife is a bit shit, but hot. :)

I just reproduced that experiment by myself. Went to the truck, closed my eyes and spun myself around, stopping randomly, ten times and it was clear as day where the truck was, even on the diagonal. His wife is a bit shit, but hot. :)

Ah but on the headphones even the shit and hot can make out the noises- it is very distinct because its pumped directly into your ears:D