IGNORED

Modern Warfare 2

letsbook

This game is bets when it all comes together. For instance, I went off on my own in Afghanistan with a sniper rifle and fell asleep in a hedge in the air defense emplacement with the cliff, and when I woke up the someone was running up the stairs across the way. Obviously, I shot him in the face, and then one of his mates ran straight over his body and headed up to the cliff, so then I shot him in the back of the head. This sort of ended with the same three guys in ludicrous ghillie outfits coming around the same corner, failing to spot me in my hedge, and getting shot in the face, until eventually I ran out of rifle and raffica bullets. So that was my first 20 mans kill streak.

Maybe they thought I wouldn't be able to see them on my thermal because they had cold blooded on. Dunno.

What are people's thoughts on the FAL? I gave it a go in FFA last night and my immediate reaction was...oh man. It has the worst iron sight I've ever seen,you simply cannot see anything with it, and your guy looks like he's holding it in a retarded way.

But then I went on to get a 5 killstreak immediately, I think because I had nothing equipped obviously and was being super cautious, and in the next game I racked up a 30-5 win on Wasteland mixing it alternately with my FAMAS anti-air class...

It's puzzling, it really is. I love the way it spits out single shots of death...but it seems better as a close up weapon than at distance. I'm sure that changes with a decent scope, of course.

Are people hacking their gamertags now?

I've just seen someone called FUCKYOUBABY with the 'BABY' spelled out as the Xbox pad's keys (picture format).

Apparently you can alter it with a mem card save transferred to your PC and changing it from there somehow.

:P

Least that's what Commander Jameson told me!

The last few nights I had terrible lag at night with my wifi adaptor struggling as I was on one red bar constantly :P Which meant I had to keep on quitting out of matches.

I changed my frequency setting on the BE box I have and suddenly eveything was better again! :) So had a run of fairly decent matches last night.

Can't find the post in this thread that linked to the Booster Hunting video earlier but it inspired me to do the same last night. When our FFA game ended with a nuke and one guy was 30-0 and another was 0-28 I made sure I went looking for them in the next two games and ruined their evening. Sadly they didn't quit before I did so I didn't have the pleasure of following them around XBL for the night.

Next time.

Finished it last night. Really quite enjoyed the second half of the game.

I've got two questions, please save me the chore of wading through 500+ pages to find the answers

1) What happened to Makarov? Did Shepherd get him or did he just escape?

2) Why did Price launch the nuke? He implied that it was to end the war but I don't see how it did.

Finished it last night. Really quite enjoyed the second half of the game.

I've got two questions, please save me the chore of wading through 500+ pages to find the answers

1) What happened to Makarov? Did Shepherd get him or did he just escape?

2) Why did Price launch the nuke? He implied that it was to end the war but I don't see how it did.

1) I don't think they ever say. I assume he's still alive.

2) He sets the warhead to detonate in the atmosphere, and the EMP cripples the armies fighting in Washington. Presumably this helps wind the conflict up? Not sure about that one.

People are always complaining about various sights "obscuring the target". I still have absolutely no idea what they are talking about. Even on the worst iron sights, there's only a tiny needle or something anywhere near the aim point.

That's the thing, a good iron sight will just have a tiny marker. With the FAL you get the aim point, plus a whacking great black circle around that point. Hence the periphary of the target is obscured, as well as the view within the circle being indistinct (imho, of course).

People are always complaining about various sights "obscuring the target". I still have absolutely no idea what they are talking about. Even on the worst iron sights, there's only a tiny needle or something anywhere near the aim point.

I think they mean stuff like the 'Objective B' marker and stuff getting in the way of your sight. On Rundown/Domination its hard to see the guys up in the sandbage cos theres a big red 'A' floating in the air

It sure isn't fucked up for me. I just had my best game yet. 46-13. Not my best KDR by a long way, admittedly, but I very rarely get into the low 30s, so to hit 46 was outrageous for a player of my ability. True, it was a Ground War Domination match, but what set it apart from all those Machinima pwnage videos is that I spent the entire match capturing and defending flags, hence the 13 deaths. 46 kills, highest score by almost 2,000 and my team won. Bring me SeaNanners.