IGNORED

Modern Warfare 2

letsbook

It seems a bit hypocritical to ban someone for mentioning marijuana in their profile when some of the Infinity Ward-designed emblems that are built into MW2 are covered in cannabis leaves.

i did think the same thing, that and the fact that it's not typed in any way to be offensive or anything - but i'm not too cheesed off, i guess i can understand why.. just seems a bit harsh.

Enemy Care Package is incoming.

Enemy UAV is online.

Enemy Counter UAV is up.

Enemy UAV is online.

Enemy Harriers inbound!

(sound of precision airstrike)

WE'VE BEEN EMP'ed! ELECTRONICS ARE DOWN! (except the radio, obviously..)

Seriously, how long does it take to get a patch out?

Enemy UAV is online.

Enemy Counter UAV is up.

Enemy UAV is online.

Enemy Harriers inbound!

(sound of precision airstrike)

WE'VE BEEN EMP'ed! ELECTRONICS ARE DOWN! (except the radio, obviously..)

Seriously, how long does it take to get a patch out?

i think EMP should cut off voice comms too, or make it all go fuzzy when someone talks so you can understand a tiny bit here and there, that'd be qualiteeee as they're pretty rare.

Whole afternoon of games totally RUINED by that fucking care package glitch. Everything in this game is like a fucking cancer one idiot starts using it and it spreads like wildfire. Lobbies after games are fun though "it's not a glitch it's in the game mate" "i only used it 3 times" "you're a larry (?WTF) " fling complaints seems like a collossal waste of time as nothing is ever done. This game has made billions and billions of dollars, i pay £40 a year for the priveledge to play it online so fucking start banning people or hurry up with the goddamn patches!!! gonna stick with ME2 until it's patched, ridiculous. And then i'm sure it will be a matter of hours before some other fucking idiot finds some more glitches.GET A LIFE

Fucking nuke boosting motherfuckers. I haven't played the game for a week or two but I just played it now and keep running into cunts that just sit there and knife each other. Thanks to the video posted earlier I know where to look for the bastards on 1 or two maps but it doesn't help that other idiots shoot you on your way there not realising what's going on. Totally spoilt my games. I've reported them and marked them to be avoided in the future, but I think I'll go have a sit down and work out where on the map this shit happens so I can track them down and kill em. Managed to make one set of wankers quit by repeatedly running up to their hidy hole and killing them. Cunts.

Yeah, I've been playing FFA the past few days, having only played TDM since launch. Why is FFA so easy? Serious question. If I have a nightmare game I still go 2:1, average 5:1, and get loads of up to 20:1 games. TDM is getting tough, but FFA is a doddle, I feel like I'm cheating.

Well, I think the answer is an obvious one - and it's not that FFA is 'easier' than TDM. It is, of course, far easier to get a better K/D ratio in FFA than TDM, because you have seven less people competing for the same kills as you. It's like saying that it's easier to win in TDM than in FFA - the analogy simply doesn't work, because to win an FFA game you have to be the top scorer out of eight, whereas to win in TDM you just have to be part of the winning team out of two. Does that make one 'easier' than the other? Of course not.

Your K/Ds are still impressive though, if they are wins - my personal best (winning) score in FFA has been 30-4. I've no idea how you'd come out with a 20-1 K/D though, unless it's for one of the following reasons:

1) You camped your arse off during the game (which makes FFA pretty dull imho), and/or

2) You had a really good air support kill streak. Of course, this is much easier to achieve in FFA than in TDM, because you get less people switching to (or even using) anti-air classes, and you're far more likely to get killed by another player while trying to take the chopper/harrier down.

3) You were in a match against seven other people who had just got the game!

4) You are The Predator :unsure:

Which one is it, damn you?!

EDIT: This is ZOK, by the way...

i've gone 30-2 in loads of free for alls without camping, 30-5 seems to be my main one i hit though.. i can go 5-6 games in a row with that score in the right lobby, not with new people either. maybe a few level 40-50 and then the rest first prestige.

made a new gamertag today just to play a bit, level 1 getting 25 kills 4 deaths in the first game must have baffled people.

not sure what my kills/deaths are on my real gamertag right now. :unsure:

I've gone 20-1 twice and had similar scores on lots of occasions on FFA all without camping. On some maps people play incredibly predictable. They'll hit the sniper spots without bothering to see if there's anybody watching. They'll run on your last position after spawning without considering where you will be waiting for them. Most people are stupid, or at least play this game stupidly, which is good news for the players like us.

I've gone 20-1 twice and had similar scores on lots of occasions on FFA all without camping. On some maps people play incredibly predictable. They'll hit the sniper spots without bothering to see if there's anybody watching. They'll run on your last position after spawning without considering where you will be waiting for them. Most people are stupid, or at least play this game stupidly, which is good news for the players like us.

yeah, i like the nobs that see me coming into their building - thinking i don't know they're there - then jump out the window to come behind me, i hear their legs creak and turn around and stab them in the head every time, sometimes i don't hear them but i usually check behind me on free for all at almost every doorway/room i go in, i've been killed/and got kills from behind far too often to not check.

the "stupid" people are the ones that don't notice or check things, becase when i see someone come into my building and i jump out the window, i get the kill almost every time.. only a few times have people noticed and shot/stabbed me.

though after saying that, i've found myself struggling a bit more than usual in recent weeks

Well, I think the answer is an obvious one - and it's not that FFA is 'easier' than TDM. It is, of course, far easier to get a better K/D ratio in FFA than TDM, because you have seven less people competing for the same kills as you. It's like saying that it's easier to win in TDM than in FFA - the analogy simply doesn't work, because to win an FFA game you have to be the top scorer out of eight, whereas to win in TDM you just have to be part of the winning team out of two. Does that make one 'easier' than the other? Of course not.

Your K/Ds are still impressive though, if they are wins - my personal best (winning) score in FFA has been 30-4. I've no idea how you'd come out with a 20-1 K/D though, unless it's for one of the following reasons:

1) You camped your arse off during the game (which makes FFA pretty dull imho), and/or

2) You had a really good air support kill streak. Of course, this is much easier to achieve in FFA than in TDM, because you get less people switching to (or even using) anti-air classes, and you're far more likely to get killed by another player while trying to take the chopper/harrier down.

3) You were in a match against seven other people who had just got the game!

4) You are The Predator :unsure:

Which one is it, damn you?!

EDIT: This is ZOK, by the way...

ZOK! :) No, I don't camp, but I don't run around like I'm on fire the way a lot of people seem to do. I find it best to stay where I am when the game starts as everyone seems to know where everyone spawns and charges there, making them easy kills. Then it seems to be a game of revenge-seeking Mr Angries, who keep coming back and back, so I just move to a different place covering the same area, picking them off as they come back, determined for a revenge kill. When they stop, I start moving around slowly, finding new hotspots.

I do benefit from good air support of course and use plenty of claymores. This seems to work with high prestigers, which is part of the surprise for me. I don't win many games though, you're right, maybe 1 in 5, but I have no interest in winning, just having the highest k/d ratio. I guess that's a carry over from TDM where you just want your team-mates to have a positive k/d to win. I also find it odd that most people don't seem to use Ninja pro, as hearing them coming is where most of my kills come from. That and I now think the silenced TAR-21 is the best gun in the game. My best so far is 39-1 but 30-5 seems to be my average.

As well as helping my overall k/d ratio though, I'm a bit of a convert to the merits of FFA I must say. It's very different to TDM but very exciting and fun.

SCAR + Holographic

Danger Close pro (for air support)

FFA (seems to be the mode with least people cheating at the moment)

5 kills > Predator, which takes me to 6 kills.

Shoot somebody to take it to 7 kills, Harriers.

See somebody else before I get a safe spot for Harriers. Shoot him. 8 kills. One from Pave Low.

Run to safe spot. En route this guy comes sprinting out of nowhere, he has his back to me. This is my 9th kill, surely?

Put a full clip of the SCAR into him. Painkiller. Finally drop the prick, which takes a lot of bullets when you are shooting at a Painkiller guy without Stopping Power. The bastard has last stand, doesnt he? I have no bullets in the clip, so I sprint at him to knife him and the fucker shoots me. No Pave Low. ^_^

@ Blue. Its the spawn system at its finest. Watch it again, the bigger the screen size you can see it on, the better.

I've found FFA to be the worst for cheating, maybe not so much for the care package glitch since they dont have a team around to defend them (although i've seen it a few times today), but in the spirit of the booster justice videos, i've been playing FFA and pretty much every game almost that i've joined has had at least 2 people run off to kill each other - i gained a new interest in the game just by following them around and ruining their killstreaks though ^_^

I played FFA for the first time in ages tonight and found to fuckers glitching. About 3 mins into the game it was nuke city, Cunts,

Anyone want a bash tonight?

I'm steaming drunk and feeling affable.

I'll pass.

I take back what I said about FFA, without nuke boosters its bloody good. It can get tense when you are only one kill in the lead, there's a pavelow in the sky and you don't know who's it is and there's 5 seconds left on the clock with 2 kills to go.

Its great for the ratio too, I've finally got mine to a 2 after months of trying, it now sits at a nice round 8880-4440 ^_^

You're a dickhead, mate.

yeah and the lot of you are taking the thread off topic. Take it to PM's.

Had a good session on TDM. Good in that there weren't any nuke boosters. Good in that I got a 4 kill streak and got an airdrop that gave me a Stealth Bomber, which I was rather pleased with.

I still die a shit load though. Still not sure whether I prefer the SCAR or the TAR.

I take back what I said about FFA, without nuke boosters its bloody good. It can get tense when you are only one kill in the lead, there's a pavelow in the sky and you don't know who's it is and there's 5 seconds left on the clock with 2 kills to go.

Its great for the ratio too, I've finally got mine to a 2 after months of trying, it now sits at a nice round 8880-4440 ^_^

Well done man, really. I'm a long way behind but I'm determined to reach the magic 2.00 if it kills me. I was on a depressing 1.08 a couple of weeks after launch but have clawed my way up to 1.50. Trouble is, it takes over 150 positive kills for each 0.01 when you're on 16K deaths but I try to add 0.01 per day. :P