IGNORED

Modern Warfare 2

letsbook

I don't really understand the point of them either, they're never legit.

e: What I mean is, I don't understand what they gain from getting people to join a lobby, it's not like they're getting hits from google ads or scamming people out of MSP or anything.

Playing some capture the flag this evening.. I've finally found a legit use for Commando Pro, Marathon Pro, Lightweight Pro! I captured the enemies flag on overgrown 6 times in 4mins with that setup!!

Ahahaha. Ahahahaha

You can spot the people who bought 10th packages a mile off, just went up a supposed clan of pikeys who'd all bought the 10th + 4 perk 3 gun setup, raped them so hard they all backed out. Yeah, whoever said earlier about 10th being bad, was right. Don't go there, you just look like a hacker. :)

Playing some capture the flag this evening.. I've finally found a legit use for Commando Pro, Marathon Pro, Lightweight Pro! I captured the enemies flag on overgrown 6 times in 4mins with that setup!!

I was so psyched at the inclusion of CTF in MW2 but the marathon/lightweight combo basically breaks the gametype completely. They should just make it so that flag carriers cant run

I was so psyched at the inclusion of CTF in MW2 but the marathon/lightweight combo basically breaks the gametype completely. They should just make it so that flag carriers cant run

In a game with no healers and two/three shot kills, that doesn't seem very sensible.

At the very least they should make it so that the 'weight' of the flag reduces running speed to AR-toting levels.

I remember seeing the pre-release CTF video that was on the 360 dashboard, and thinking, Jeez, those guys are good - and organised. Imagine if that was re-made today - instead of using shields and AR/SMG they'd be a squad of rippers making off with the flag like Ben Johnson.

In a game with no healers and two/three shot kills, that doesn't seem very sensible.

It'd be easy to balance out. Make it so that it takes 20 seconds for defenders to recover a flag, so the attacking team can get it home using attrition, a little way at a time. Or make the flag carrier slow but with increased health. Anything to help make it a team based gametype rather than the naff solo runathon it is currently. Theres no teamwork in ctf at the moment because the best way to get the flag home is by having a speedy gonzales solo runner make off with it.

I've slowed right down on this. I seem to spend more time talking about it than playing it of late. Just had a few rounds though, and in the first one some guy on the other team tore us to pieces on Underpass while using a RPG-7 as a primary, he finished with something like 28 kills. He had the gold RPG-7 callsign too, so he had clearly been doing it for a while.

I decided to copy him and made a class with scavenger, danger close and sitrep (I still have a dream that I will eventually get it to pro) and had a hell of a lot of fun. Went negative in every single round, sometimes horribly so but I know I was the bastard on the other team everybody hated, and sometimes thats enough. :D

I'll be on with a couple of friends from around 11pm until late. I'll send you an invite if I see you online.

Sorry I didn't accept this! Somehow I ended up in a full lobby with some friends from CoD4.

Just about to buy the stimulus pack, god dammit. :D

Assuming it's like CoD4, it just magically doesn't put you into lobbies with people who have the map pack so it never comes up, if you join in progress someone who was in a map pack lobby though, then if one appears you'll get kicked.

I really want to stop at 70 this time because I adore the AK47 but the 5th prestige emblem looks so, so bad, I think I'm going to go for and stay at 9. I'd consider just modding my profile but I'm skint at the moment so accidentally fucking my Xbox trying to JTAG it is the last thing I need. Oh well, back to the grind. :D

I think if they were to do just one thing to vastly improve this game, it would be to remove painkiller completely. 200hp is simply not balanced in any way.

Since I know you were all absorbed in my quick fall from grace I'm sure you'll be as equally pleased that it is over (hopefully).

Much better games today, no high prestige icons for a start. Oh! what joy it is to see a lobby where I don't have to look on the internet to decipher what level people are.

As a result I resumed my mass murder. Overall K/D for today of 1.99:1, including two flawless games. Unlocking my beautiful, beautiful ACR again didn't hurt I suppose. The silky satin sheet of rifles.

I also got accused of glitching for the second time. I don't know what he thinks I was doing. I killed the guy about 6 times in a row, but that was because he was trying to storm the mannequin building by C on Storm over and over again despite the fact that if he paid any attention to his killcam at all he would have seen that I had Scavenger Pro and Ninja Pro on. It should have come as no surprise to him that everytime he lumbered towards me I would hear him coming a mile off since I don't make a noise walking, and that I would have claymored the fuck out of all the entrances. It was an amusing game in a way to guess which of the three ways in he would try next and to put a sneaky claymore in ever inventively hidden positions.

Accuse me of being a cheap camping fuck certainly but christ knows what glitch he thought I was doing. To be honest I was going to move off from that spot before he came up the second time, but the way he ran straight into me alerted me that he was annoyed so I stuck around expressly to kill him.

What finally broke him was when I called in my Harrier Strike in a random corner of the map (since the UAV wasn't up) and the only person it killed was...of course...my nemesis. He quit after that one.

I messaged back telling him I wasn't glitching and he should probably make a Sit Rep/Noob Tube class to deal with the situation he was in more easily next time. But then he called me a faggot and didn't reply again.

Oh well.

Nevertheless while I did not make a lifelong friend, I did get the smell of blood back in my nostrils (and crucially undo the damage I inflicted to my ratio the last week) and fell back in love with the game.

Also if you spawn A on Domination on Bailout it's really easy to win if 4 of the team just rush B and Scavange/Claymore/Camp the fuck out of it. A couple of snipers in the opposite building and you can hold that shit all game with no danger of anyone getting near it. B just seems a little too close to that side of the map to me. It's a much longer trek from the other spawn.

I've bad mouthed FMJs ever since I first got this game, but after reading some tests and extracted data showing how effective they were at increasing penetration I thought I should give them another go, and fuck me do they do the job. A full M16 burst with SP will kill through almost anything with FMJ, my memory is hazy but I believe the data showed that it doubled the effectiveness of penetrating rounds, taking them back very close to their original damage.

Favela is normally one of my worst maps but with an FMJ'ed M16 I just went 60:11. I'm glad this gun has clicked again. <3

Sorry I didn't accept this! Somehow I ended up in a full lobby with some friends from CoD4.

Just about to buy the stimulus pack, god dammit. :D

No worries :o I like the new maps, Storm and Salvage being my favourites. I'll most likely be online for a while tonight, so if you fancy a game just message me.

Me and my friends have been having an ongoing competition to see who could get the highest killstreak. I was in the lead around xmas with 25 and that was quickly broken by a friend with 28 which had stood right up until Friday night just gone. After a great game on Afghan where I went 36-3 I've now retaken the lead with a 31 killstreak. :facepalm: Really chuffed with that and I reckon it's going to take some serious beating. What was even more satisfying was on the same night my k/d ratio hit 1.4, next target is 1.5, just need about 750 kills and no deaths... :(

I've bad mouthed FMJs ever since I first got this game, but after reading some tests and extracted data showing how effective they were at increasing penetration I thought I should give them another go, and fuck me do they do the job.

FMJs are a sadly underutilized part of the game really. I can't blame anyone since I was the same, only ever using them to unlock the Mastery challenges and thinking 40 kills was a stupidly high number (which it is really, that's a lot of kills for that challenge compared to all the others), but after I finished unlocking all those challenges and took them off my classes I realised how much I had come to passively rely on them.

Terminal is a prime example of a map they are incredibly powerful on. Many people hide in the plane or behind one of the desks and assume they are safe from harm, but FMJs just tear through those desks and fuselage sections. Many kills have come from just spraying my ACR across the plane when I know someone is running about in there. Also very useful for people in windows as their first reaction to being shot at is to drop to prone behind the wall where they are suddenly unable to move out of the way when you just aim down and hunt for a hit marker. Likewise Last Stand using cunts can be found out this way.

The burst fire rifles are less useful I find though since you can't just spray them like the full autos and hunting for markers can be a little more hit and miss. I always have at least one class with FMJ on when they are unlocked for Terminal/Rundown/Scrapyard/Underpass/Storm though.

Likewise Last Stand using cunts can be found out this way.

:facepalm:

I equip my blinged Raf with FMJs for precisely this reason, as I also use Last Stand. The number of people I've killed after they've put me into Last Stand and I've collapsed behind cover, by shooting them blind through said cover before I expire would make you vomit with rage.

:( This has been unplayable for me the last couple of days. Cant find a single match, and I'm totally missing the double XP stuff :facepalm:

If anyone else is having issues there are a couple of support posts where they're trying to find why there are so many issues:

http://blogs.msdn.com/xblops/archive/2010/...-warfare-2.aspx

http://blogs.msdn.com/xblops/archive/2010/...ing-update.aspx