Perfect Dark XBLA

Okotta

They released the achievement list a while back; wasn’t there something about an extra set of super-hard in-game achievements? Does anyone know what they are yet?

Yeah in one of the interviews, the developer was talking about in game "crowns", and there is an achievement for getting all the crowns.

But looking at the achievement list - it's only 5 points for getting all the crowns! which doesn't sit right with the challenge involved in something like finding all the cheese

Had a thoroughly enjoyable evening on this thanks to my early code courtesy of the Rare CM :) So, so, smooth but it doesn't take anything away from the classic GE / PD 'feel' or gameplay. Wacky bot and remote mine combinations don't chug ridiculously either, although I suppose that was a little bit of the charm :P

Had a thoroughly enjoyable evening on this thanks to my early code courtesy of the Rare CM :lol: So, so, smooth but it doesn't take anything away from the classic GE / PD 'feel' or gameplay. Wacky bot and remote mine combinations don't chug ridiculously either, although I suppose that was a little bit of the charm :hat:

No N-Bomb slowdown? :)

Having just read the review, I think 1up's writer is trying to say that split-screen play is possible over live (much as it is with Halo 3), rather than that it's mandatory. I think that's what he's saying anyway, it's not very well written.

Mandatory splitscreen makes no sense anyway, what happens when you've got eight players in a game? Split the screen eight ways?

Having just read the review, I think 1up's writer is trying to say that split-screen play is possible over live (much as it is with Halo 3), rather than that it's mandatory. I think that's what he's saying anyway, it's not a very well written.

That's what I took from the review anyway, I assumed that LB was informing us from a different source.

In that case...relax.

You are hilarious.

Not really, read the review. The text and score do not match, nostalgia wins! Flawless victory. Not only that but now we find the multi-player looks a bit annoying too.

Wait a minute, where has it been said that even if you're playing on your own online you have to go it splitscreen? In that review it just says you can play with friends on your sofa with other friends over live.

Seeing as they can't be bothered to fix the single player problems I only wanted this for the multi-player. Please say that ain't broken too.

Not really, read the review. The text and score do not match, nostalgia wins! Flawless victory. Not only that but now we find the multi-player looks a bit annoying too.

Whatever, what I mean is the way that you can't help yourself posting here regularly, desperately hoping that this will be shit. You're very odd.

Lol, panic over.

I don't know, panic back on?

Between the replaced textures and multiplayer over Live (in splitscreen, no less) this is a great way to re-enjoy a game you already love

A throw away line about it near the top of the review. It could be taken either way.

Whatever, what I mean is the way that you can't help yourself posting here regularly, desperately hoping that this will be shit. You're very odd.

It's called discussion, not positive discussion. I'm venting because I'm pissed. I loved the game back in the day but it's a tad broken these days in campaign, the multi-player was all I was looking forward to and now we find out that could be busted too. This had so much potential behind it, release the perfect fixed version of Perfect Dark. Instead all they did was stick an old whore in a new dress.

I was just opening that line from the review up for some speculation, you guys really ran with it.

Instead all they did was stick an old whore in a new dress.

They never promised anything more than that, it's a quick update of a much loved classic, it's not meant to trade blows with Halo or CoD. What you're looking for is a full blown sequel.