IGNORED

RPL Rovers - Dressing Room

mackenie

Welcome to the home of RPL Rovers

We have been blessed with some good talent in our first season and i intend to make sure the other teams know it.

Manager: Mackenie (mackenie)

Assistant: Mitchell (raaaah)

Billy Brown (bill brown)

Bradigor (bradigor1981)

Dewranger (dewranger)

Disciple (penguin lad)

Gambit (adam1986)

Joffy (junkhawk)

Meerman (meerman)

SuperCat (supercat)

*gamertag in brackets

As the first manager to have a full squad I clearly made sure I got some good picks in, with the added bonus of a couple of really cheap steals, we will definatly be set for the next season with the extra 16 mill. Also mike said the people that get sold at the auction will have a value of their selling price, so we should be looking good to retain most of this squad.

Good luck to brad and dewranger in their first seasons and lets make Rovers first season a good one.

disciple could you let me know your gamertag, and joffy its good to have you, and you must of been one of the best value players. guys a couple of formations will follow and our first practise session will be after champs lg on wed night, and then a longer one on thursday 9pm.

i cant make it tonight but if you can get a couple more then be my guest

Hi guys, looking forward to playing with you all. I'll try and get on for practice tonight/tomorrow, but I can't guarantee it unfortunately. Depends how long you're likely to be playing for; I could certainly make it on late in the evening. Looking forward to seeing the potential formations.

Just a quick note for anyone who doesn't have me on their friends list, my gamertag is Bill Brown, not Billy Brown as it says in the first post.

These are the 2 formations i want to take a look at:

-----------------Dewranger/mitchell--------------Joffy-------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---Disciple---------------------------------------------------------Supercat/Billy-----

---------------------Supercat/Billy--------------Mackenie----------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----Brad--------------Mitchell-------------------Gambit------------Meerman-------

-----------------------------------Dewranger/Joffy--------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---Disciple-------------------------------------------------------------Supercat/Billy---

-----------------Dewranger/Joffy -------------------Supercat/Billy -------------------

-----------------------------------------Mackenie----------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----Brad--------------Mitchell----------------------Gambit------------Meerman------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

obviously the first one is a standard 4.4.2, the second one is a little more adventurous but i thought it would combine our problem with not having 2 proven goal scorers with the fact that romania are a very speedy team, and we have more that enough midfield/wingers <_<

something else i wanted to look at was that we dont have anyone else confident enough to take cb, or atleast not that i know of, i think mitchell would be good up front but right now i dont know who i could replace him with at the back, i may have to do it myself for a few matches but is there anyone else that thinks they could handle cb?

One thing I have to point out though; I'm not handy with the ball so I tend to kick it all the way up the field as soon as I get it, no matter what. Clearing it is my priority. If I get plenty of room, I can pass it cleanly too, no worries.

meerman your the most ball greedy of the lot <_<.

on a serious note all i want from my defence, inperticularly my cb's, is to be there every time a striker has the ball, and take the ball away from them, as well as macking sure the ball isnt given to the opposition in defence :(

Great to be at Rovers this season and a very good team. Ill be happy to play any of those formations, I think if we look at both, we've got a plan B if say we dont play well in the first game for example. Im about for most of this week if we can get a good session or 2 in.

These are the 2 formations i want to take a look at:

-----------------Dewranger/mitchell--------------Joffy-------------------------------

---Disciple---------------------------------------------------------Supercat/Billy-----

---------------------Supercat/Billy--------------Mackenie----------------------------

-----Brad--------------Mitchell-------------------Gambit------------Meerman-------

-----------------------------------Dewranger/Joffy--------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---Disciple-------------------------------------------------------------Supercat/Billy---

-----------------Dewranger/Joffy -------------------Supercat/Billy -------------------

-----------------------------------------Mackenie----------------------------------------

-----Brad--------------Mitchell----------------------Gambit------------Meerman------

I'm more than happy to play in the middle or on the right, so see what SuperCat would prefer.

something else i wanted to look at was that we dont have anyone else confident enough to take cb, or atleast not that i know of, i think mitchell would be good up front but right now i dont know who i could replace him with at the back, i may have to do it myself for a few matches but is there anyone else that thinks they could handle cb?

As for the CB issue, Disciple is excellent at the back; I played at RB when he played as CB during the first BAP season and he was extremely solid. In fact, I think it was him and Mitchell as the two CBs for a lot of that season, and they were superb as a team, so that could be something to look at if ever Gambit can't make it for a match. That said, I know defence isn't Disciple's preferred position and that he's also very effective in midfield, so it's up to him/you really.

maybe its worth playing the 4-4-2 first with me and dewranger up front see how it goes and change where we need to. Apart from Mutu, who have Romania got upfront? I seem to remember a player called Marica playing upfront for them and couldn't think of anyone else.

maybe its worth playing the 4-4-2 first with me and dewranger up front see how it goes and change where we need to. Apart from Mutu, who have Romania got upfront? I seem to remember a player called Marica playing upfront for them and couldn't think of anyone else.

i dont remember their names but they are all speedy, so we will se which on works best with mutu, i think its safe to say for now you canmake mutu your own, you will have a very big role in rovers first season

Also, since I was the first person to be transferred, I'm wondering if it's because I'm shit? Or was it because I'm ace? I'm a little confused here. How much did you pay for me, if at all? I haven't followed the transfers at all.

I can't play until after the Chelsea game but I'll be on then.

Me too, I won't be missing that. If it somehow goes into extra time then I guess we probably won't be on! Although I'm not at work tomorrow (lots of time off) so I would be able to, dunno about you other chaps.

Yep, sorry, my post wasn't clear until I edited it. I meant Disciple prefers playing higher up the pitch.

Well I do, but to be honest (despite my excellent assists last season :lol:) I spent a lot of time intercepting balls and covering for the team. In our last fixtures I, from left mid, was the one who kept getting their foot in and being in the right place when our oppo was attacking. In the box. God knows where the CMs were. No wonder I didn't get a shot or cross all game :angry:

I'll say I'm a better full back than a CB to be honest, as I'm better wandering/covering and looking for opportunities to ball-steal about rather than holding strict positions.

I'm more than happy to go at CB though, it's a fun challenge, and I did enjoy playing there.

Also, since I was the first person to be transferred, I'm wondering if it's because I'm shit? Or was it because I'm ace? I'm a little confused here. How much did you pay for me, if at all? I haven't followed the transfers at all.

I'd love to have kept you mate, it was very hard to keep a squad together whilst looking to strengthen it also. All the best.

Don't think about it, just wish them nothing but failure and move on. I know you're quality.

I don't get the whole process.

The first two to get transferred, what was that about?

Then the last lot?

Where's the thread that explains this dual process. :lol: