IGNORED

RPL Rovers - Dressing Room

mackenie

Ah, that's annoying, sorry I couldn't get on earlier. Not sure if I'll be able to make it on at all tomorrow unfortunately.

Oh well, not your fault dude. I tried to invite you back in, but it was having none of it. I could invite you to the party, but you were blanked out to invite to a game.

We came back from 2-0 down to win 3-2 in our last game though, so no doubt if you were playing as well, we probably wouldn't have got ourselves in that situation in the first place! ;)

One of my wishes for FIFA 10 apart from being able to spectate, is for someone to spend 10 minutes SORTING THE FUCKING MENU'S OUT.

They are so, so , so confusing. I had Mackenie telling me step by step how to go into the dressing room the other day, as I had searched for ages and didn't have a clue.

The main problem with this is that it's the menu code EA seem to be using across all their sports titles (perhaps others too?).

So they can reuse a lot of code and not have to worry about the hassle (and trust me, it is) of doing new menus every year.

I guess they didn't realise that FIFA 09 would require a lot more menus/levels than other games...which leads to them bolting on additional solutions which causes inconsistencies.

Examples:

1) Starting a 2v2 match online - I learned the other day you have to hit Left Trigger or something in the online creation menu? Seriously WTF.

2) Player Hub / Clubs - the whole thing is poorly put together and makes no sense. That email/stats system is hidden away, and to even work out how to see your stats is laughable.

To be honest I kinda doubt they'll fix too much of this with the yearly iteration - it would be nice though.

Check out the town thread

- limited personnel options in some areas; our LB was pish and we seem to be limited on midfield options but hopefully we can work around this.

LOL :angry:

He's spent 3 pages saying how he was our "saviour" last season and how the rest of us were rubbish from the start of this thread. Anyone that played in all 10 games would scoff at that except him.

I'm just saying I'm looking forward to meeting up with him again. Friendly rivalries are good. :angry:

I think you are "bigging" up what hasn't been an argument anyway. We'll play and no doubt have some banter. It's not like we are calling each other "cunts", the build up to the games and rivalries bring the edge to the BAP fun. :angry:

I think you are "bigging" up what hasn't been an argument anyway. We'll play and no doubt have some banter. It's not like we are calling each other "cunts", the build up to the games and rivalries bring the edge to the BAP fun. :angry:

Aye, banter is all well and good. :wub:

I'm just concerned that it doesn't hit Disciple vs Manic levels, which ends up being fun for no-one.

Well, apart from the people who love to see MJ eating popcorn that is.

I think I missed Manic-Disciple gate. Was it on the forum or on Live?

It was in season 1 I think. It comes back now and then.

To be honest, I don't know what started it. It's hard to keep track of all the dramas in BAP.

He's spent 3 pages saying how he was our "saviour" last season and how the rest of us were rubbish from the start of this thread. Anyone that played in all 10 games would scoff at that except him.

I'm just saying I'm looking forward to meeting up with him again. Friendly rivalries are good. ^_^

3 pages? Really? You're not exaggerating there at all Gus?!

All I saw was a slightly biased and humorous account of your season from his point of view. Don't go making it into some sort of attack, it's only a laugh mate. There's no point, we all know he's shit. :angry:

Now, can you leave us to have our tactical discussions?! I think you may have more pressing problems than waffling about old team mates. :wub:

I'd quote the posts he's made over 3 pages but I can't be arsed, you can read them yourself. I don't think he's managed a post in this thread without some sort of comment that it was his former teamates fault in some way. He can't help himself. Games between should be fun anyway. :angry: As I already said, it's just some banter. "He started it" etc...

Some good praccy last night guys, looks like i wont be striker but as long as Dewranger and Mitchell are banging in the goals, its all good! Is there anyone else on the left wing better than Petric, I don't think i won a header with him last night and his delivery didn't seem too good either.

well whenever you can get on will be great, if you dont get a practice at CB then i might not throw you the deep end, we will see

Understandable, I will be on tonight at some point at least. I'll play anywhere you want me so not to worry about that. What time is the official start tonight? What time are we looking to finish?

Games between should be fun anyway. :) As I already said, it's just some banter.

It spices the games up nicely! Can't wait for the season to start now. And I can't wait to see the first tackle! ^_^

I can't make tonight, hope that's not a problem mackenie. Will be on over the weekend for a few preaccys though. When does the season start anyway?

Thought we were pretty good last night, especially our 2-0 down, 3-2 comeback win.

Seem to get ourselves in some good positions, had a lot of chances. We talked a lot too, which helps! Will be good to see how we do with a full team, as it's always a struggle defensively playing with AI's and Any's at the back. Should be a good season.

Some good praccy last night guys, looks like i wont be striker but as long as Dewranger and Mitchell are banging in the goals, its all good! Is there anyone else on the left wing better than Petric, I don't think i won a header with him last night and his delivery didn't seem too good either.

cheers mate i feel a good strike force coming on hopefully ^_^