FIFA 10

Bleeders

A little detail which is good, when someone gets a card it comes up on screen with a little box at the bottom telling you the player name and what card they got, like on TV. In FIFA 09 sometimes either the cutscene where the card is given never showed or it got skipped (especially if you're playing with friends offline and anyone pressing a button will immediately skip it) It led to pretty often going "Have I had a man sent off?" and having to pause the game and check.

Just a tiny detail i'm really glad they added!

My prediction - ridiculous amount of chipped goals. Needs to be patched/fixed before release.

Yeah, it does look to be a concern but can you not send the keeper back to his line by hitting Y a couple of times?

I've noticed that the refs are a lot more lenient on the late block challenges now. So if you slide in and miss the ball and the opponent takes a couple of steps and stumbles over your guy on the floor, the ref no longer sprints up to you waving his red card.

Possibly, dunno why he has to come out so much though, the CPU has scored 3 against me in the 2 games I've played, bit silly.

i found that generally there wasn't that many 1on1's in the game i have played. the AI defence seems pretty clued up on dropping back and covering space. expect for when i have been running my defenders out manually that is.

At the other end, the AI doesn't seem to know where my goal is for some reason.

I've pretty much only ever conceded from crosses in Fifa 09 against the CPU. The AI is useless in front of goal. They normally just amble into the keeper. That's on World Class but was in the lower leagues of Manager Mode.

In the few games I played against the AI on Fifa '10, I think I've only conceded once but I'm hoping they can put up more a fight this year when given a chance. As I mentioned in an earlier post, with one opportunity they did get clear on goal the striker turned and passed back into midfield. Not too promising.

It's not a massive concern for me (with online or multiplayer available) but I do wish it was possible to have a really great single player or co-op manager mode.

What complacency? EA have improved in the main areas the fans demanded. It is still a step forward.

I wouldn't be so sure yet.

If they've fucked up the netcode (unlikely I know, but Konami did it) then these improvements will be almost meaningless to me. It all rests on the quality of the online multiplayer and the number of undiscovered game-breaking glitches, so I'm not passing total judgement just yet.

FIFA '09 did pretty well in that no one ever discovered a way of regularly being able to score direct from a corner, or kick-off, etc.

Some would say, and I'd probably agree that the free kicks were broken though. Get one in the D and you might as well just go straight to the centre spot to restart the game. I haven't really tested out the free kicks on '10 yet...

Some would say, and I'd probably agree that the free kicks were broken though. Get one in the D and you might as well just go straight to the centre spot to restart the game. I haven't really tested out the free kicks on '10 yet...

I don't think that was too much of a problem. You were the only person that could do that consistently that I've played. I was rubbish at them even after you'd told me your evil ways.

I don't think that was too much of a problem. You were the only person that could do that consistently that I've played. I was rubbish at them even after you'd told me your evil ways.

Nah, it was easy. The smashed free kicks seem to work completely differently in this one, half power is an extremely low shot.

When it asks you how much experience you have, say you're passionate. Ramped up they play some pretty nice football and don't just shoot from 40 yards all the time like in 09.

I did. Although it does sharpen them up in defence and midfield, they still don't score from open play often enough and it isn't like they aren't getting the chances. And I'm rubbish.

The passing in this is sweet as, though, they really have nailed it this year.

I'm actually very good at taking corners in 09 - simply get the bar 4/5th full and inswing by holding diagonally up right...it tops it and bends it of course. Usually results in a header - and has been useful in BAP games too.

Which his why I don't know why bloody town take about 14 minutes to take a corner. Or a goalkick.

I did, although it does sharpen them up in defence and midfield, they still don't score from open play often enough and it isn't like they aren't getting the chances. And I'm rubbish.

The passing in this is sweet as, though, they really have nailed it this year.

Like 09, I can't see the computer being any fun to play against for more than a few hours total. With its new filters to stop everyone choosing the top teams (unless you do), online should be even more brilliant.

And with the addition of not allowing you to use a 8-0-2 formation, it should weed out the pricks, too.

Like 09, I can't see the computer being any fun to play against for more than a few hours total. With its new filters to stop everyone choosing the top teams (unless you do), online should be even more brilliant.

And with the addition of not allowing you to use a 8-0-2 formation, it should weed out the pricks, too.

Online gaming isn't really my bag, so the single player component is quite important to me.

If only I could get my brother to try Fifa for more than five minutes, the closed minded fool.

If you're online let it be your bag. In terms of latency and bugs, it's the smoothest and most consistent game I've ever come across. The new one even has a locale search if I remember correctly. No one bothers with mikes so it's as if you're playing a more unpredictable computer, pretty much. With recorded stats.

And then join the brilliant Rllmuk league, which caters to all skill levels, for good measure.

With its new filters to stop everyone choosing the top teams (unless you do), online should be even more brilliant.

Can you elaborate on that please. Im not too impressed with the CPU strikers in 1 player, like 09 they are shit, but online could persuade me if they sort out the Barca/Man U etc pricks.

Ta

Great game - the improvements are immediately noticable. More responsive, better dribbling, crossing which feels faster and so on.

One thing though, as I haven't downloaded this on 360 yet - The PS3 version still looks inferior to FIFA 09 on 360. I'm quite surprised at how big the difference is and this certainly joins the list of games I wouldn't buy for Sony's console. :quote:

I'm crap at it.

Feels weird! Don't like it yet!! :S

It's also clearly a demo and unfinished. A few AI bugs and the keepers aren't up to scratch.

I have faith though, they'll have taken this version ages ago for a demo, the finished product will be A1.

Also! Ref avoiding the ball! Genius!

I'm crap at it.

Feels weird! Don't like it yet!! :S

It's also clearly a demo and unfinished. A few AI bugs and the keepers aren't up to scratch.

I have faith though, they'll have taken this version ages ago for a demo, the finished product will be A1.

Also! Ref avoiding the ball! Genius!

my own players avoiding the ball = genius, when i played a cross field ball from my left CB to the right back the right CB stepped out the way and let it safely go through because it clocked how much power i put on the ball, little touches like that make it just work

It has more "little touches" now than PES ever did. It's fair and perhaps a bit generous to say that the PS3/360 PES team are clueless in comparison.

i have a mate though who just loves pro SO much, will NOT admit that fifa is the better game now, and takes the piss out of me.

"oh i think you would still buy fifa if it was a shit game.. you would still buy it every year because its fifa even though its shit"

me: "you mean like you do with pro?"

him "um no not really not at all" and then after he played a few matches on the demo

"this game is good though i cant lie... but i'm still waiting for pro" xD to me it's his loss, but it gets irritating when he loves it so much, i like pro when i'm at his house playing against him (pro 6 was good i thought, and pro 2008 was ok when you're on the same xbox) but since fifa 08 i just can't see the argument of pro being better in ANY way.

my own players avoiding the ball = genius, when i played a cross field ball from my left CB to the right back the right CB stepped out the way and let it safely go through because it clocked how much power i put on the ball, little touches like that make it just work

If you've ever had the ref mess up a move in BAP, the ref lifting his leg to not get in the way of a ball is the best addition. Other players = their fault. Ref = grrr!

i have a mate though who just loves pro SO much, will NOT admit that fifa is the better game now, and takes the piss out of me.

"oh i think you would still buy fifa if it was a shit game.. you would still buy it every year because its fifa even though its shit"

me: "you mean like you do with pro?"

him "um no not really not at all" and then after he played a few matches on the demo

"this game is good though i cant lie... but i'm still waiting for pro" xD to me it's his loss, but it gets irritating when he loves it so much, i like pro when i'm at his house playing against him (pro 6 was good i thought, and pro 2008 was ok when you're on the same xbox) but since fifa 08 i just can't see the argument of pro being better in ANY way.

I often overhear excited jabbering about Pro Evo at work as release nears. I never say anything because, well, it's not my place to. But among a certain group PES is still the pinnacle while FIFA languishes with its soggy adaptation of pinball despite the fact that, objectively, that simply is not the case.

Well my love for PES is well documented on these forums and I was very frustrated with 09 in my 2 seasons in the rllmuk league. But my experience with the 10 demo has been very good. In my opinion it feels 200% better than 09, I can't really explain it, maybe its the 360 dribbling, or the fact that defenders don't just stop and let strikers run free, but this has really clicked with me. But, if I were to buy the game I would only be using it in multiplayer so I would need to play MP, local and online, to see if the feel was right. I was most likely not going to buy this for the next season of the league but now I'll be renting to make sure.

Still be getting PES though... :quote: