IGNORED

FIFA 10

Bleeders

I posted this in the BAP thread but I'd thought I'd stick it here as well.

This Virtual Pro stuff is horribly unbalanced for defenders.

Even though I'm playing as RB, any pass the opposition makes in my half of the pitch = minus points.

They play a ball down the left wing? Minus Points.

Their right winger takes a shot? Minus Points.

Your CB commits a foul? Minus Points.

Your DM misses a tackle? Minus Points.

You press the A button to skip a replay and your player asks for a pass. Guess what? Minus Points.

Here's my stats from the Millwall v Exeter game I just played:

Passes: 17/18

Dribbles: 6/6

Tackles: 5/5

Opposition shots: 2

Clean sheet kept: Yes.

Overall rating? 4.2

:o

Anyone else finding this?

Deleted post - played a quick game of PES2008 and there was no comparison! The on-rails nature of PES was grating.

What I don't get is how FIFA looks so good on the default camera view - silky smooth - but when the camera goes to a replay, or pitch level for celebrations/penalties etc. it looks pretty ropey

It is better game with 360 control but seem to me there is more flaws than previous version.

Looking at Aston Villa.

Socks is claret with tiny blue (Incorrect) instead of blue with tiny claret (Correct)

No Richard Dunne

Gabriel Agbonlahor is like bigger version of Lionel Messi.

and no Villa Park option yet.

Villa Park is one of major stadium in UK and I have not seen it in this generation console games.

Oh it is nice to trash small heath alliance 6-0 away :o

Not played it online yet.

Right... I feel I may be having to backtrack slightly here.

As you all know I am a huge lover of manual settings. However I have noticed something in Fifa 10 that has changed my opinion a bit. (this may well change again in the near future once I get used to it.) EA seem to have made a few changes to the passing mechanic to try and balance the difference between manual and assisted. In doing so I feel that the best to have now is semi-assisted. It still means you have to work to find passes, but you still get an amount of control. The assisted passing seems to have been tweaked so as not to allow assist whores a massive advantage. Will take a while to get used to, but happy with what I see so far.

Those of you that have problems with the supposed randomness of pass and shot strength in assisted, consider trying semi-assisted. As it seems nearly perfectly balanced this time. :o

Wembley

The Emirates

Old Trafford

Anfield

Stamford Bridge

St James' Park

That's plenty of English stadiums. I'd have Eastlands ahead of Villa park if I'm honest.

I'd have Villa Park in imho... the holte end is pretty cool and a cup semi final just isnt right unless its played at Villa Park :o

I'm playing in Manager Mode on Professional and I'm shocking. ;)

If I changed the difficulty to Semi-Pro I'd be walking every game, but it wouldn't feel right...

Any tips for breaking down defences on the higher difficulty levels? And can you attempt to tap up players who aren't transfer listed?

I'm playing in Manager Mode on Professional and I'm shocking. ;)

If I changed the difficulty to Semi-Pro I'd be walking every game, but it wouldn't feel right...

Any tips for breaking down defences on the higher difficulty levels? And can you attempt to tap up players who aren't transfer listed?

Be patient with your build up, keeping possession and switching the play will often open up big gaps. When I find space (Mostly on the wings), I usually sprint into it and look for lay offs to the strikers.

i'm playing on professional too and just getting through pre-season at the moment, it's a good challenge on this difficulty for me and just beat chievo verona 2-1 with liverpool, bought cambiasso for about £8mil but still can't find walcott.

anyone got any suggestions for a good left back?

did score this nice goal in the game i just played too, perfect through ball.

http://www.easportsfootball.co.uk/media/play/video/10442123

Yeah, it does ;)

Cool. Just played two games and didnt see any accomplishment boxes come up so I wondered.

This is really good but twice again I've had to power off the 360 when it's frozen on menus.

That's four times in about 2 1/2 hours play.

This don't work properly yet.

Sounds like problem with your hardware, played mine for ages and no issues.

Cool. Just played two games and didnt see any accomplishment boxes come up so I wondered.

Sounds like problem with your hardware, played mine for ages and no issues.

I feared that but my mate has had exactly the same problem tonight. I've only played on LIVE so far, he's only had the problem on the LIVE menus.

Does ANYBODY play this with anything less than a 5 star team online? Its depressing. Ive tried filtering to 3-4 star etc and cant even find a game! Try with no filters and you get a game immediately.

Something that worries me is the fact that when playing with a lower star team, your players seem to be blown away like pieces of paper by top teams. My Hull City are just being swept aside by Real Madrid, Arsenal etc. Players just seem to keep their finger on sprint and A buton and it feels like its impossible to avoid them. No doubt Stoke City with all of their heavy weight players get bundled off the ball by the likes of Walcott, for eg, with ease?

Im not very good at this yet, but can someone reassure me that with practice you can beat top teams with lower ones.

On a plus, the one player game has improved massively for me. Its just what 09 needed to be.

It is depressing lining up against Real yet again. But I mostly play as the glamourous likes of Accrington and Carlisle, and despite not being that great at FIFA can occaisonly scrape a draw or even a flukey win. Just make sure you play 5-4-1. Scoring against a five star dullard with some lower league donkey never fails to amuse.

Ive not taken it online yet, but my plan is to play with my beloved Aston Villa and possibly England.

1438651863_f2fedec06c_b.jpg

WTB Villa Park as a stadium though. Its too long since I could rely on VP being included in videogames. Its a shame, its a lovely ground and one of the most historic in world football. Even if three sides of the ground have been rebuilt since the Taylor report was issued they still keep to the look of a traditional English football stadium. Much better than generic concrete and steel bowl #37 like Eastlands. ;)