rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Gerbik

Hitman: Absolution - the craggy thread

Edit: Mini Ninjas? wtf?

IO should be whoring the shit out of this at E3.

Hell, it might even surprise a few folks.

For all I care, they could chuck out a mission pack for Bloodmoney, more of the same wouldn't be bad at all. God, Bloodmoney was great.

currently playing through Contracts after i enjoyed Blood Money so much but i could really do with a new one with even bigger levels and a more open ended approach than BM.

2 player co-op hits would be the icing on the cake, especially when you have multiple marks in a mission.

currently playing through Contracts after i enjoyed Blood Money so much but i could really do with a new one with even bigger levels and a more open ended approach than BM.

2 player co-op hits would be the icing on the cake, especially when you have multiple marks in a mission.

That would be AMAZING. I really hope they've got some online elements in this. Even a V's to see who can get the target fastest and the most stealthy, whilst not getting taken out. Or Hitman V's guards who have to keep the target safe)

:unsure:

Anyways, hopefully we'll get some news soon enough.

yeah the vs suggestions are bloody tops.

especially if they do the disguise system so that even in co-op you have no idea who the other hitman is once they are in a disguise unless they either tell you or you study their behaviour.

add to this hidden random objectives that can come through over your earpiece where you are told the mark has offered a greater sum of money for you to take out the other hitman......

Argh, saw the thread and thought there'd been an announcement! God I can't wait for the next Hitman.

Like Rayn, I'd be ecstatic if it was just like Blood Money but with all-new missions. Saying that, I do hope they add some of the stuff we've come to expect since BM was released - better physics, over-the-shoulder aiming, perhaps a cover system for when you do get into firefights. I'd also like some more quick Jason Bourne style hand-to-hand moves a quick put-down when you get busted doing something naughty. Perhaps nick some of Solid Snake's moves.

Good use of rumble and camera shake to add impact. I always felt detached from Blood Money. Quick hand to hand moves would be ace.

Good use of rumble and camera shake to add impact. I always felt detached from Blood Money. Quick hand to hand moves would be ace.

I think being detached is one of the points of the game, really.

I know what you mean, though.

Fear not, it'll be shown off very soon I reckon. They've been tinkering with it for quite a while now.

Oh Agent 47, you and your bald head :unsure: Can't wait.

I would kill, kill, for Hitman 5.

So would I. Blood Money is one of my all-time favourite games, I need a sequel asap. Instead, IO is working on fucking Mini fucking Ninjas :unsure:

Fear not, it'll be shown off very soon I reckon. They've been tinkering with it for quite a while now.

Like I said, I'm hopeful for some kind of announcement at E3.

Oddly enough, NONE of my games playing mates like them. Twats.

If you have to actually kill for Hitman 5, I would start with them. Just for having a crap taste in games.

It takes a certain something to appreciate a Hitman game, for sure. One thing for me is the immersion, for some reason the atmosphere and feeling of being a cold blooded killer always sucks me in. Second is the feeling of freedom and experimentation, which many people find daunting and frustrating no doubt.

Silenced Baller (non-dual wield) for the win :unsure:

I always enjoyed the 'pfzt' sound of the silencer more, followed by the resulting crimson splodge and comedy ragdoll. :unsure: That being said, I always tried to be as pro, quiet and unseen as possible. Let's hope they've kept the relatively calm pace intact.

I always enjoyed the 'pfzt' sound of the silencer more, followed by the resulting crimson splodge and comedy ragdoll. :unsure: That being said, I always tried to be as pro, quiet and unseen as possible. Let's hope they've kept the relatively calm pace intact.

Except for the end of the game. Cathartic! :o

There's something satisfyingly stylish about only firing one, unsilenced bullet per mission, for the target, and calmly exiting as people run to see what's going on. I realise this doesn't give Silent Assassin but it's hella cool, which is what the game is about for me.

Blood Money is amazing. And technically a last-gen game too, yet still better and more ambitious than most current-gen games. I dunno what they're doing fannying around with Mini Ninjas.

I think if I'd change anything, I'd change the mission ratings from being better than one another (i.e. Silent Assassin being the "best" rating), to them just being different, if you see what I mean.

Maybe you'd get different exclusive equipment depending on what road you went down as an assassin. Extra toys for the silent assassin, awesome silenced guns from those that use them, super bombs and grenades for people than love explosions, great big machine guns for people that just like to kill 'em all, etc.

I dunno, thinking out loud.

Yeah Blood Money is a bit low-tech seeing as it's a last-gen port, but so much time and effort has gone into designing the levels. They're all brilliant. I'm still playing through it, going for every last gamer point and attempting to get the Silent Assassin award for every level.