Hitman: Absolution - the craggy thread

Mr. Gerbik

Kane and Lynch 1 was one of my biggest gaming dissapointments ever. Coming from Blood Money I was convinced IO could do no wrong. Proper 'real' characters. Michael Mann vibe. Loud, authentic weaponry. Squad system from Freedom Fighters. Those brilliant pre-release character renders of them doing horrible shit to normal people. Then I played it. You know that twisting stomach feeling when you play a game you've looked forward to all year and it turns out to be crap? Looks like Absolution will offer the same thrills.

Even at the inevitable £17.99 pre xmas price point, I'm out. I don't think losing IO is a big deal anyway. 2 great games- Freedom Fighters and Blood Money and 6 years worth of absolute* crap.

*thank you, i'm here all week. No really I am , I love it here.

He thinks the old Hitman games are all about being super-hard, while they're all about exploration, observation, experimentation and freedom. He has said something similar before and it painfully he shows that he doesn't have single fucking clue what made the previous games great. And since he's still spouting that bullshit, apparently there's nobody left at IO to correct him.

Yeah and that bozo is all like "we'll take away all the feedback and signposting we designed the entire game and each level around, which makes it practically impossible to finish them - but that is how I think the old Hitman games were and that is what those crazy fans apparently want"

This card was in the box, wtf

Was literally just about to come here to post that. The Sleeping Dogs DLC was a nice touch, though, even thought it's of no use to me as I don't have that.

Going out to do some Christmas shopping/inspiration hunting now but will start this when I come back.

It take it and some of their other comments to mean that they've put a mode in that hasn't been playtested or balanced properly - so effectively doesn't work - as a half-hearted sop to unhappy fans. They madly seem to think that these fans expect and want Hitman to be a punishing maso-core game :lol:. Cynical and baffling.

He thinks the old Hitman games are all about being super-hard, while they're all about exploration, observation, experimentation and freedom. He has said something similar before and it painfully he shows that he doesn't have single fucking clue what made the previous games great. And since he's still spouting that bullshit, apparently there's nobody left at IO to correct him.

It's possible he's been reading hitmanforum.com, where they all complain about Blood Money being too easy compared to the earlier games. So in his mind, he's made a game that will appeal to the mass market on normal difficulty, and to the Hitman superfans in 'purist' mode. Us lot, who just want meticulously-designed levels that let us use our intelligence without being frustrating, don't get anything.