The Shaman Thread

csuzw

Can't wait to get on and try out the new changes. 1 click totems and significantly less WS refresh being the big things for resto. I think I'll probably switch my gemming from predominantly int to spellpower although I think at this point you could gem for int, sp, mp5, haste or crit and not be doing anything very wrong. I'm likely to stick with my current spec and glyphs, I still don't see Healing Wave being useful for me (I raid with multiple holy paladins most of the time) but I can see healing become full on CH spam most of the time now.

I want to level my Shaman, just so I can try a healer. From the looks of things though, they're probably the worst healing class for PvP at the minute.

So it's kind of off putting. Might just level my Warlock instead :lol:

I want to level my Shaman, just so I can try a healer. From the looks of things though, they're probably the worst healing class for PvP at the minute.

So it's kind of off putting. Might just level my Warlock instead :lol:

Nah man, I was in 2vs2 last night with Maria and her Paladin isn't super equipped PvP wise just yet, having mostly the crafted PvP set with two of the Furious pieces and I was keeping her alive for an age. At one point I was alone against two feral druids and I seriously survived just healing and Ghost Wolfing away for about 5 minutes before I finally ran out of mana. Again, my gear ain't the greatest either, been slacking on the PvP side since hitting up PvE yo.

Hrmm. I dunno man.

I'm mainly going to be focusing on gearing my Rogue anyway. 'Cause Rogues in sick gearz own :(

I think the thing persuading me most to go for Warlock and not Shaman is the fact my 'lock has an epic flyer already and we can buy the Cold Weather Flying Heirloom as of today can't we?

I've decided I'm not going to level my Shaman just yet.

And instead will level my Warlock. Rogue can be used for PvE (Which is what my Shaman would've been). Warlock can be used so I feel as though I didn't waste 6,000g on his mount way back when :(

• 2 weeks later...

So been away a week and only just getting round to playing with our new totem bar. Any point in having a totem bar addon now or does the Blizz one basically do everything now? It looks pretty identical to my totemtimers one..

I don't think so but then I never used a totem addon before 3.2 either. The Blizz thing really is fantastic though although I occasionally find myself mashing my keybind for each of the 3 sets because I can't remember what I set to what :(

It's funny, I started a shaman so that I could have a class that could play different roles. But i only want to heal with my shaman now.

When i get duel spec i will basically have 2x heal specs. Elemental doesn't interest me at all. Enhance is ok i guess, but nothing beats resto shammies <3

So after some more playing with the totembar it seems I can't use it to change a totem mid fight. Which means now my UI has the blizzard totem bar so I can easily setup totem sets and then an extra (totemtimers) totem bar so I change to any totem in a fight. It looks rubbish..

Wind Shock catches me out loads too now. I'm so used to earth shock interrupting that I get all confused when I earthshock something and it carries on casting.

Wind Shear, not Shock now :blink: (just saying because I got caught out first fight I need to interrupt after patch as my macro didn't work)

I agree on the inability to change totems mid fight thing, it's really frustrating and I don't see why it's a blocked action. What I tend to do is set up the 3 different sets for a particular fight if I want a different setup for a different phase. I also have the majority of the individual utility totems keybound which helps.

So been away a week and only just getting round to playing with our new totem bar. Any point in having a totem bar addon now or does the Blizz one basically do everything now? It looks pretty identical to my totemtimers one..

The blizzard one is fine as far as it goes, but as resto I find the shield trackers in Totemtimers to be a great help, so I'm using that, in conjunction with grid/clique.

Need some advice peeps. I want a shaman, pure and simple. Probably to heal, eventually. Pvp and pve.

But, do I want a troll or Orc, or wait for the (rumoured) goblin shaman? I'm not too fussed about Tauren really, I think they're a bit shit.

I already have a high level troll but no Orc so I'm leaning towards Orc in that respect, but I also :blink: trolls so it swings back in favour of them. So it basically comes down to berserking vs blood fury (or whatver the Orc racial is).

What would you recommend?

There's a golden rule in wow. If you can be an orc. BE AN ORC.

Orcs have better animations. Better shoulders and must importantly Orcs are the Horde. Everyone else is just some nub race we felt sorry for and allowed into our gang, but it's still our gang and we can still kick them out if we don't like them.

Also trolls have no shoes. Big floppy clown feet and nothing to hide them in. I feel sorry for them everytime I pass one.