SFIV 2nd Division Week 4

Moodmon

sith 2-1 Moodmon

sith 2-1 Infexious

sith 3-0 Chrisbravotown

A fully unexpected win over Infexious has kept me in the hunt. My ground game is vastly improving and im sorry to Chris for using nothing but jabs all match.

Great games all

Not my finest hour:

Strawdonkey 1 - 2 Hyper P

Felt like I should have had it in the bag quite a few times but P had a couple of cracking starts that had me on the back foot at a big disadvantage.

Unfortunately the matches were plagued with lag but I doubt it would have made any difference had the lag not been there :)

CFTG, hoping to take revenge in the return fixture :D

Hyper_P - Hyper P (Sakura) vs. Uzi - Uzion (Sagat)

2-0

1-2

2-0

Winner: Hyper_P (2-1)

A fun brawl this. You weren't joking when you said you'd started using focus attacks more! I nearly always do the wrong thing against those. My brain goes "Oh! Opening!" and I go for the cheap sweep or something and get caught. You been the only Sagat I remember playing that uses the light Tiger Knee with the quicker recovery. I kept being caught out after blocking it.

Hyper_P - Hyper P (Sakura) vs. Gozaimas - Gozaimas (Ken)

1-2

2-1

0-2

Winner: Gozaimas (2-1)

A pretty tight match. Curse that f+mk of Kens! :D . It was putting me in the right position for your cross-ups. Sakura's anti-air was pretty ineffective against whatever it was you where jumping in with. Gutted I fell for your cross-ups again in the third match, hoped I could of sneaked a win there. Next time Gadget!

Strawdonkey - Strawd0nkey (Rose) vs. Hyper_P - Hyper P (Sakura)

2-0

1-2

1-2

Another tight match, so inexperienced against Rose. Again I couldn't anti-air your jump-ins reliablely. Your throw game was good too, I had to keep trying for techs with I'm uncomfortably with. I only made it by noticing most of your attacks were coming in high, so simple high block kept me in the game. Mix-up a few high and lows and I'll find you more difficult in the re-match.

Apologies to all for my other characters being crap, Sakura for life yo'. Or something...

Dante Sigona 2 - 1 Cale

With one game each, it came down to the last hit in the third round of the final game, and I can't help feeling I got a bit lucky. The closest, most tense match up I've had so far. Really good stuff.

Hegg 3 - Dante Sigona 0

NOT the closest match up I've had so far. I haven't been beaten this badly since...well since I played Infexious. Most of the rounds ended with me trapped in the corner while Hegg went to town on me. I felt utterly helpless, it was terrifying. :)

Glad he'll be moving up at the end of this season! :):D

I only made it by noticing most of your attacks were coming in high, so simple high block kept me in the game. Mix-up a few high and lows and I'll find you more difficult in the re-match.

Thing is, that's not usually the case. The lag was doing all sorts of funny shit to my execution, you just dealt with it much better than I did.

Hyper_P - Hyper P (Sakura) vs. Uzi - Uzion (Sagat)

2-0

1-2

2-0

A fun brawl this. You weren't joking when you said you'd started using focus attacks more! I nearly always do the wrong thing against those. My brain goes "Oh! Opening!" and I go for the cheap sweep or something and get caught. You been the only Sagat I remember playing that uses the light Tiger Knee with the quicker recovery. I kept being caught out after blocking it.

Thanks. I've become progressively worse with Sagat rather than better because outside of the league I can't help but use Ryu :D. Once this league ends I'm moving over to him and his topless antics

Great combo with Sakura, the one where you get a few hits in midair but hitting punch through your legs

Sorry I had to pop off btw, I usually stick around for friendlies but RL mates came on and played some SFIV/Left 4 Dead with them

Hegg 3 - Dante Sigona 0

NOT the closest match up I've had so far. I haven't been beaten this badly since...well since I played Infexious. Most of the rounds ended with me trapped in the corner while Hegg went to town on me. I felt utterly helpless, it was terrifying. :)

Glad he'll be moving up at the end of this season! :):D

Haha! You do yourself an injustice sir, you had me against the ropes in that first match. I was incredibly lucky to get that ultra off when I did. Couldn't flipping catch that stinking Fuerte!! I only started to get to grips with him from the second match really. What a nightmare to play against, well played.

Confirming Dante's result: Dante 2 - 1 Cale.

Massively close games, as most of mine seem to be at the moment. Very difficult to get a handle on the jumping bean that is Elf. I was kicking myself afterwards big time! Well played, man - when you start getting pummelled by the various splashes, slides and throws on wakeup it's very hard to get momentum.

Nice games afterwards too. I'm starting to think that Dan v Dan fights have a place as a modern art installation. 'Yahoooooo!' :huh:

Cale 2 (psychic italian bird) - 1 Matt Lav (big boxer fella)

Really tight stuff, Matt. All the games ruined by laughably atrocious lag. Bonus game afterwards just froze for two or three seconds mid match. Plenty of FA from my end, problem was the DC part of the input didn't register. :) Result? A punch to the face. Matt cottoned on to my patterns pretty quickly and spent most of the games, you guessed it, punching me repeatedly in the face. Somehow managed to poke my way out of it but it was bloody close.

Cale 3 (floaty pokey soul woman thing) - 0 Gozaimas (mk mk mk mk fsrk Ken bloke)

Brilliant games, Goz. Really fun stuff. Dan v Dan... :wacko: Two Dan Ultras inputted at the same time is fucking hilarious. Cheers for the matches, mate. Let's do it again sometime. :lol:

Uzi 1 - 2 Donk

Oh man. I really enjoyed those matches but fuck me if I didn't play some utterly retarded SF in the first match. Random Soul Throws, bad throw play, failing to reflect too often, screwing up my two-in-ones - atrocious. Got totally stuffed, and deservedly so.

Second match was a bit closer, went a round down, struggled a bit in the second and took the third with a bit of trouble, and the third match things started going my way - it wasn't easy but my zoning play got much better, punished much more efficiently and my execution was, finally, spot on.

Went to finish off with a nice Ultra on Sagat's jump-in, but, er, he blocked it somehow. The tit.

GGs - enjoy the games with your mate :)

Oh god, games [catches up]

Right, I'll PM Xei but the plan is as he has so many games outstanding due to BT-being-dicks issues, I'll call them in favour of the opponent by the end of Week 5 results. Means there is less to faff around with on my end, as I'm a lazy little shit.

More importantly I'll be available from around 8-ish tonight to around 10-11 depending on tiredness. If you are on MattLav then send me an invite no matter what I'm playing and I'll do our fixtures. Plus don't forget the outstanding fixtures as well, I'd like them played soon-ish please. If only to save me from having to sort out around 10 million results all at the same time.

Matt Lav, what's the deal with when you can be on? I tend to be playing around 9 or 10 most evenings, is that always going to be too late for you? Weekends are tricky, but doable. Let me know when we can pencil something in.