Robert Logan - Inscape

Purely from a 'market research' perspective, how did you hear about RL? Do you know him?

His first album was playing in Resident, in Brighton and I bought it on the strength of that... then I was in there the other day and saw he had a new one out. Subsequently I found out he's a forumite here, too.

• 10 months later...

Sorry, I missed this post before. I'm really glad you enjoyed the album! Thanks for getting it and listening to it. Inscape's formation involved quite a bit of work and some slightly mad episodes, and it's always lovely to hear others finding the results to be worth it. :P

• 9 months later...
On ‎08‎/‎03‎/‎2010 at 19:31, lankysanchez said:

Just had a listen on Spotify - I like! CDs ordered ;)

Thanks. :)

I'm currently finishing the third album. Finally! I want it to sound as potent as possible and there's lots of live instrumentation to roast in there, and Slowfoot are very fussy too (which is a good thing, I suppose.) However, I trust it'll be ready very soon.

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...

So, Angels and Insects coming up on shuffle has prompted me to bump this thread and beg for info on new album pls kthx.

Hi lankysanchez,

Sorry - I missed this before and only accidently found it today when browsing for info on Inscape! Thanks for the interest... I've had some other projects come up and still wasn't happy with some musical details which pushed the release back, but Slowfoot is still set to put it out, probably after the summer now. We'll take advantage of the extra material/collabs produced in the mean time by including them in some way with the release. :-)

Hi lankysanchez,

Sorry - I missed this before and only accidently found it today when browsing for info on Inscape! Thanks for the interest... I've had some other projects come up and still wasn't happy with some musical details which pushed the release back, but Slowfoot is still set to put it out, probably after the summer now. We'll take advantage of the extra material/collabs produced in the mean time by including them in some way with the release. :-)

Great, I'll look forward to that! Thanks for the reply :)

• 9 months later...

Wait, what. CS2x is Robert Logan?

WHAT

I mean this in a good way obviously, and that it alters previous Autechre Oversteps talk.

Electronic music of this kind is rare now, I sometimes wonder about this third album and whether it's been released and I've missed it because your albums go under the radar a bit. Obviously I've searched and can't find anything.

• 7 months later...

I mean this in a good way obviously, and that it alters previous Autechre Oversteps talk.

Electronic music of this kind is rare now, I sometimes wonder about this third album and whether it's been released and I've missed it because your albums go under the radar a bit. Obviously I've searched and can't find anything.

Thanks for saying that...I was worried the discovery had put you off! :P

The third album is basically (finally!) done, and Slowfoot Records still want to put it out (as soon as possible). It just needs to be mastered and cover art needs to be finalised.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I hope it's okay to bump this; I just wanted to let you guys know that the album is finally pressed, but more immediately a new 5 E.P is up for pre-order (out June 1st). It's called 'Extasis E.P', it's out on Slowfoot Records. I can't seem to post links, but if you search for Robert Logan 'Extasis E.P' you can find it. It's 30 minutes of new music, none of which will appear on the album or anywhere else. First solo release in 5 years! :-O Thanks...

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hello...It's kind of funny posting here every 3 years or so...(I hope this is still ok!)

I have a new album out (as of a few hours ago) that I wanted to share with you. It's called 'Sculptor Galaxy' and it is a bit different to what has come before, with a lighter approach to the melodic aspect of the music. It's also out on a different label to usual - Projekt Records.

https://projektrecords.bandcamp.com/album/sculptor-galaxy

This is proper cheese, but I also thought I'd share a related photo with rllmuk-ers in this thread (the photo is by a friend's daughter for her school art project 'artists at work'...hah.) :)

5a03b9176748c_RobertLogan4.thumb.jpg.6fc49ba65dbb7301cd6ef52b0dd83bfa.jpg

Thanks for your listening thus far! Slowfoot Records is also putting out a heavier E.P later this month in celebration of 10 years since 'Cognessence', but for now I wanted to share this one. It's something I really enjoyed making.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Again, I really hope this is ok bumping the thread. I wasn’t going to post about this release, but then I figured some might actually enjoy the two new tracks being given away here (and as they’re only on bandcamp they’re easy to miss.)

Anyway, this is a pay-what-you want release to celebrate the New Year. It’s called ‘You, Me’; both  tracks were worked on during 2019 and finished towards the eve of 2020:

https://robertlogan1.bandcamp.com/album/you-me

Slowfoot are also shortly putting out a really, really large collection of unreleased tracks all at once (but these two won’t be on there.)

Thanks again!