Forza Motorsport 3

Vin

I reckon the chicanes in NY sound like a good idea.

Means no you have to win more through outbraking your opponent rather than just by virtue of having a beefier engine.

Which is a shame, actually, as that's how I usually won.

Trouble is they're not chicanes, they're tyres in the middle of the track so it just makes a horribly narrow track. There's not really room to pass fairly.

The car in front gets a small aerodynamic boost too (if it's modelled in Forza 3, no racing sim I'm aware of has modelled aerodynamics in a complex way, it's too much work when a simple model is sufficient).

There's also bump-drafting where the car behind bumps into the leading car in order to speed both cars up (a mate who used to race Alfa touring cars would do this with the other driver on his team).

'tis correct.

Anyone remember the drafting trick in Moto GP? Anything they can do to 'dirty' the times is good in my book. I thinking crunching gears is my problem :blah:

It all sounds awesome.

Wish my 360 hadn't red-ringed when I tried to play the game for the first time yesterday.

That's my third 360 since launch so no idea if it's covered by the warranty anymore. If not, then I can't face buying another..

Just looking at my stats on the games.

In 72 hours of owning the game I have spent 16 hours playing. Considering I slept for at least 18 hours and was out most of the day Saturday and have spent time with the family, that is a lot.

Suzuka

10 Laps

Ferrari F355 Challenge

bradigor vs Joe McSpeed

EPIC BATTLE

Uploaded to the Storefront..

Title - Joe vs brad (keyword: rllmuk)

Some Photos

Brad defends against Joe at 'bradigor hairpin' (renamed in honour of my utter dominance at that one corner time and time again against all comers)

Forza10.jpg

Joe makes his move after getting a perfect exit from the final chicane and takes the lead into turn 1

Forza11.jpg

Brad reclaims the lead just before bradigor hairpin and keep Joe's effort to come back at bay

Forza12.jpg

Joe gets another perfect exit, however this time Brad keeps the right hand side of the track blocked off forcing Joe to move to the outside and this time not get the lead

Forza13.jpg

All this talk of whether the AI is actually good/real is interesting. I veer from thinking it's stunningly good at times to utterly dreadful at others. I'm only playing on hard and will accept coming 2nd; I feel beaten fair and square at times. I find in general the ai will avoid you for a few seconds and then give up and go back to trying to take the racing line, even if you're on it.

But at times it's down right stupid. The other night in an F class speedway race they all lost their marbles. First, coming off the last turn the guy in second begin me breaked, turned smoothly across the track, lined up with the pit wall (between the track and the pit lane) and drove straight into it. No loss of control, just mental. Then, no less than five second later in my rearview mirror I see a car flipping into the air: somehow the rest of the cars have had a pile up on the massive sunset strip oval start/finish line.

Yay, sussed the connection problems and had some great races with Uzi and crew. Some close ones, some hilarious ones and I even managed to win a couple :D

Excellent stuff, and now that my connection is sorted out I hope to be playing more of you over the coming days. Definitely my favourite racer since PGR4.

We'll invite you again next time we've got an open spot with our 'veteran group' ;)

I was pretty pissed off I couldn't join actually, but maybe it was for the better as I ended up in a group with players on a comparable level of rubbishness to myself :D

I think the highlight for me was the Japanese mountain track where we were driving Evolutions and 3 of the 5 player crashed their cars in the first corner and Uzi tailgating me bumper to bumper all the 10 miles to the finishline, which I just managed to hold.

I was pretty pissed off I couldn't join actually, but maybe it was for the better as I ended up in a group with players on a comparable level of rubbishness to myself :D

Yeah we were shit and foul mouthed so it was pretty sweet- I loved our race on that mountain 10 mile track, Fujima Kaido- was amazing

edit- Jinx!

I think the highlight for me was the Japanese mountain track where we were driving Evolutions and 3 of the 5 player crashed their cars in the first corner and Uzi tailgating me bumper to bumper all the 10 miles to the finishline, which I just managed to hold.

Good to hear you still had a good time ;) It was an awkward moment when we suddenly had 9 players for an 8 player session, and I felt kind of bad when you left after Meerman said you should. He was just doing the most practical thing to do. Better luck next time I'm sure, perhaps you'll keep up with us just fine :)

Don't worry about it, I wouldn't have been able to join at that moment anyway. It took me about an hour from that moment to get it working.

I've switched providers recently, and I had the same problems before on KPN. It seemed to be solved when I reconfigured my network for Ziggo, but apparantly the problem was still in there somewhere. Adjusting the port-settings as suggested in the online thread and on the Microsoft site didn't work, it turned out to be a problem with the UPnP implementation of my router which was only fixed after two successive (!) firmware upgrades.

Fortunately both the Network Configuration / Testing of the Xbox itself says everything is fine and dandy now, and the performance online yesterday matched that so I presume I'm now troublefree and 100% back in the Xbox Live arena, which was long overdue anyway :D