Forza Motorsport 3

Vin

Gong to have to remove some parts from my 131 - the game seems to auto updates only with parts which you can't actually tune. Which makes sense in a Boil in a bag way. Forces you to use the car as is, rather then with any tweaking so you can only alter tyre pressures.

Its clearly upgrades for nubs.

That said i've only upgraded it to a C and already i can take on Evo's. Needs more grip though.

Did you guys carry on playing for long after I left?

I can't believe how good the handling feels now. Most stock cars are already tuned to go, and the feedback the wheel gives you is incredibly detailed. It's not strong and won't rip your arms out of their sockets, but man does it have subtle signals to what's going on between the road surface and the car, and what's happening in the suspension. :D

I'll make a setup thread in the online subfolder for steering wheel owners. I've tried different deadzone settings but ended up having no deadzones at all. You just don't want that, because it's too indirect.

I totally agree with you - but its personal preference really.

I drove with the wheel last night on Le Mans (on my own) and despite the rumble through the Musallane, the car stays stable but the wheel shakes all over the place.

Theres no doubting it though - despite being a real driver for 20 years, i'm better with a pad right now.

But it maybe because i sit futher away from my monitor which isn't ideal and i tend to go in hard and drift wide, plus get my lines wrong. Some SP hotlap practice i think.

I totally agree with you - but its personal preference really.

I drove with the wheel last night on Le Mans (on my own) and despite the rumble through the Musallane, the car stays stable but the wheel shakes all over the place.

I agree; it's personal preference, and the default setting is great anyway. But I don't like deadzones, me, so I've removed them.

I think your right there - theres no point in having a blank area.

Intrestingly the pad, being analog, has a natural tendency not to centralise. Programmers automatically program the deadzones so you never know they're there.

I think they set it to around 5-10% but if you let go over the pad (to return to centre), the pad rarely returns to dead centre.

Its usually 5-10% off depending on how hard you flicked it back.

Any game that does't automatically set its DZ's you can tell as your lose control on centain pads.

looking forward to watching those replays for the culprits?

Cue Funtime Kamikaze Dave, although It seemed I was aiming for Devil-Goh a few times

:D

Ha ha - I was innocent I tell thee (well until the pictures prove otherwise).

There I was, out on me normal Sunday drive to pick up 20 benson and a copy of razzle from the 24hr Esso, when these bunch of nutters came speeding past me going at least 40 mph in their Mini Coopers. It was all I could do to swerve into the middle of the road to try and stop them Officer.

Good games - I know it is blashphemy but I turned some assists back on - definitely a more enjoyable game with them off, I just need to learn how to drive.

Ha ha - I was innocent I tell thee (well until the pictures prove otherwise).

There I was, out on me normal Sunday drive to pick up 20 benson and a copy of razzle from the 24hr Esso, when these bunch of nutters came speeding past me going at least 40 mph in their Mini Coopers. It was all I could do to swerve into the middle of the road to try and stop them Officer.

Good games - I know it is blashphemy but I turned some assists back on - definitely a more enjoyable game with them off, I just need to learn how to drive.

get them assists off Dave you almost won one last night and that cant happen :D

Really enjoying this, especially driving down the Japanese mountain stage last night in a mk. 1 MX-5.

Need to break into online racing - do you guys allow the use of braking zone lines? I don't use any other assists, just think it might be wise if I'm going online and running on tracks that I don't know!

Really enjoying this, especially driving down the Japanese mountain stage last night in a mk. 1 MX-5.

Need to break into online racing - do you guys allow the use of braking zone lines? I don't use any other assists, just think it might be wise if I'm going online and running on tracks that I don't know!

In the games I have played there have been no restrictions on what assists are allowed - the only rule is to try and be curteous when over taking or being over taken. Communication seems to be the key.

Really I would assume it is upto the lobby at the time to discuss the rules and once you have joined a few sessions you will get the lay of the land for that group. For some, it is the simulation aspects that provide the major factor of enjoyment, for others it is the power of the powerslide corner and for a select few elite drivers who have ascended beyond these mere trivialities it is about how many times they can take DaveWhite and Devil-goh off the track.

The online aspect of this game has so far, for me, been a revealation on driving games. I implore you to get online, it is for me, a mixture of pure joy and pure terror - mainly whenever someone comes within 1 mile of my car, or if I see a corner, or I need to brake - you know, the fundamentals.

When I'm hosting, I always leave all the assists unrestricted. But collisions are on and damage is set to simulation, and there's no ghost cars after crashes.

Online is where it's at. Get into a game with us for massive lols. :D

Anyone know what the patch was for that appeared today?

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/1...ShowThread.aspx

Hey all. We learned over the past couple days that some of you were getting this tampered profile message.

Here are some facts:

We've repro'ed the bug and have a patch to fix this (and other stuff,such as loading tunes in multiplayer lobbies) in a patch we'll have coming out on Tuesday.

This bug seems to happen when you're in the storefront and you'reviewing and rating items, and then suddenly turn off your box withoutreturning back to your homespace environment (where the cameras panslowly over the car). So a good way to avoid this issue in the meantimewould be to always hit the B button out of the storefront all the wayback to the main menu before you turn off your box.

Having your profile tampered means you will have to go into your savegames (in your dashboard go to My Xbox/Settings/Memory/Game Saves anddelete only the Forza Motorsport 3 save game. Do not delete any of theother saves like liveries, etc. After that, you will need to start anew profile in the game, but you will be able to keep all of yourpurchased or created livery files and layer groups, as well as photos,replays, etc. Unfortunately, the cars in your garage will be gone.

Again,we will have a fix for this by early this week. If you know anyone thathas been hit by this bug, please point them to this message.

Thanks.

I'll be about, but not until late (2100/2200 CET i reckon). I'll send out invites once the Dutchies have gone to bed :D

I want to race the Arbaths and Brads Beemer E30's tonight on stock if possible.

Having your profile tampered means you will have to go into your savegames (in your dashboard go to My Xbox/Settings/Memory/Game Saves anddelete only the Forza Motorsport 3 save game. Do not delete any of theother saves like liveries, etc. After that, you will need to start anew profile in the game, but you will be able to keep all of yourpurchased or created livery files and layer groups, as well as photos,replays, etc. Unfortunately, the cars in your garage will be gone.

Again,we will have a fix for this by early this week. If you know anyone thathas been hit by this bug, please point them to this message.

Thanks.

FFS. That problem killed my profile on F2 after my save game was corrupted during a HD transfer.

Oh and T10 howz about having a Series race??