Forza Motorsport 3

Vin

Get into a game with us for massive lols. :D

Lols me up! Is it best to message one of you and ask for an invite? (I've got rllmukforza on my friend list)

Are you restricted to the cars in your garage still? I guess that's not too much of a problem if we're racing lower classes, I have about 800,000 forzoids to spend

By the way, for you guys who were racing last night and heard about a friend of mine and maybe meeting up in the New Year at Brands....

http://www.team156.co.uk/

http://www.team156.co.uk/team_neiladams.asp

He made his debut this year, coming 17th out of 70 :D

I might actually do his car on the game.

Cool ;) I'm definitely up for a meet with fellow Forza players from around here. Perhaps you can arrange something so that we can check out the paddock area as a group?

Are there any weather effects in this or night races?

Sadly, no. Some tracks do constantly have overcast weather (Nurburgring) or are in the sunset (Sedona, Laguna Seca) though.

I'm obsessed by this game now.

I can't think of anything else, I just want to make decals and race.

Welcome to our world :)

Sadly, no. Some tracks do constantly have overcast weather (Nurburgring) or are in the sunset (Sedona, Laguna Seca) though.

I see. Is the single player in this any good? Is it fun? I like playing single player before venturing for some online matches (which I don't have the time to be proper good).

Cool :) I'm definitely up for a meet with fellow Forza players from around here. Perhaps you can arrange something so that we can check out the paddock area as a group?

Will see what I can do :)

Where are the pics Joe...Where are the pics ;)

I see. Is the single player in this any good? Is it fun? I like playing single player before venturing for some online matches (which I don't have the time to be proper good).

Standard fare really, it's just racing against AI on the tracks, I enjoy it thoroughly but others think it's dull. The main positive about it is that it is really good at making you try all sorts of cars.

Will see what I can do :)

Where are the pics Joe...Where are the pics :)

Still at school man, still at school...

Reliving our battle every time I think about it though, such a great memory. I'm planning on doing a full-blown video tonight, perhaps instead of a night racing.

Are you planning on reviewing this for GameStyle btw?

Loving this, but i play cockpit view and the immersion is lost a bit with what seems a lack of windscreen.

That's my mate Smith's main gripe too! He uses the nose camera (front bumper) for that reason. I think it's silly not to use the excellent cockpit view for that reason alone. But I hope they can patch it up some day.

Lols me up! Is it best to message one of you and ask for an invite? (I've got rllmukforza on my friend list)

Are you restricted to the cars in your garage still? I guess that's not too much of a problem if we're racing lower classes, I have about 800,000 forzoids to spend

You can join sessions in progress from the friends list, whenever's the lobby isn't full that is.

There's plenty of stock cars to choose from too, next to your garage ones. It has always been like that too in the past games in the series.

Right, think I will have another attempt at this 100k for drifting thing.

What track and car are you using? I was going to give this a go the other day, but I dunno where to start with drifting. Fujimi Kaido offers enough corners and length, but I keep hitting barriers :)

There's plenty of stock cars to choose from too, next to your garage ones. It has always been like that too in the past games in the series.

Cool, I've not owned a Forza game before (and hardly used XBox Live despite having paid for it for 3 years already!).

That's my mate Smith's main gripe too! He uses the nose camera (front bumper) for that reason. I think it's silly not to use the excellent cockpit view for that reason alone. But I hope they can patch it up some day.

It's definitely not an excellent cockpit view. PGR3 and 4's were already better (including the possibility to fully look around), DiRT 2's was great too (although a bit crammed), but Need for Speed: Shift nailed it, including the blur effects at high speed (anyone who's ever gone beyond 130 mph can tell about that effect really adds to the experience of speed, because of the way your eyes focus).

Forza 3's cockpit view is actually on par with GT5 Prologue's: it's there, and the cockpits look nice and detailed, but they're far too clean and it's only possible to look around a little bit. It's nice for those who really want to play with the cockpit view, but it ultimately falls short to nail the experience.

the cockpit view in this isn't as good as the one in GT5P.

not only do you get animated shifts in GT, but there's a bit of head movement over bumps/rumble strips etc. which improves the immersion. Forza has so little head movement it makes you feel like you are gliding above the surface of the track. even more irritating is that from chase view, you can clearly see the driver changing gears...

Are you planning on reviewing this for GameStyle btw?

I could do it no one else is. I'll find out.

What track and car are you using? I was going to give this a go the other day, but I dunno where to start with drifting. Fujimi Kaido offers enough corners and length, but I keep hitting barriers :)

Fujimi Kaido with the Trueno

the cockpit view in this isn't as good as the one in GT5P.

not only do you get animated shifts in GT, but there's a bit of head movement over bumps/rumble strips etc. which improves the immersion. Forza has so little head movement it makes you feel like you are gliding above the surface of the track. even more irritating is that from chase view, you can clearly see the driver changing gears...

Ah, I totally forgot about that one indeed. You do get animated gear changes in the default replay camera angle odd enough, but not when in cock-pit view. Very disappointing indeed. The head movement was a nice touch in GT5P as well, and I believe the other titels I just mentioned have that as well.

Man, come to think of it, the cockpit view in Forza 3 feels really rushed. For fuck's sake Turn 10, why didn't you take a couple of weeks more time to streamline the details in this game? It's still an excellent racing game when it comes down to the actual gameplay, but it's not exactly polished.

tbh (and i think someone else mentioned it before in this thread) the cockpit view looks like it's simply a stencil frame over a regular first person view, given it's lack of interactivity.

also, some of the cars "feature" redlines on the tachometer that don't actually tally up with the HUD redline, so you end up botching the gear changes if you use the actual dashboard instruments...

Love the handling on this, so much better than F2 which felt a bit boring and sterile to me. My only concern is that all the cars I have tried so far feel great to drive, so much so that there doesn't seem to be a great deal of difference between them. I have yet to try all the different types (such as a 4x4's and big american muscle cars) but the difference between them and between the classes does not seem very pronounced.

Its a bit like driving the same handling model but with a different car shell over the top, its a great model but just hoping for a little more character between cars