Forza Motorsport 3

Vin

Guys, GUYS! :)

The pics thread is over THAT WAY! ;)

Or am I being anal again? :)

We're all cross-posting anyway :quote: I usually dump all my (good) pictures in the Pics and Vids thread, put the really interesting ones in this topic, post pictures of actual action going on in the Racing Photos thread at the Forza 3 online section and put stuff with special liveries over at The Paint mode.

Special (long!) video montage featuring Bradigor and me duking it out in F355 Challenges on Suzuka coming up!

If you have a clutch pedal you can't even use left foot brake otherwise your engine would stall if you drop the RPM too low.

That's how it work in my Volkswagen anyway, but I've never driven a Ferrari or something :)

You can, you just have to use three fingers to work the left bumper and both triggers. Beats using two feet for three pedals, in theory :)

7 spots free in the rllmukFORZA tag now! Get in while you still can!

I removed a couple of people who either don't have the game or have been offline for over a month now!

Request sent!

Bought myself a F355 Berlinetta last night. Squealed like a baby when I test drove it - so much fun. Now I want to tinker with it to give it some juice, without messing with the feel.

That Geometry Wars car is brilliant, definitely buying that later.

Has there been any word on whether they plan to increase the Cr. 10,000 limit on storefront stuff eventually? Reading the Forza forums I get the impression it could put tuners and painters off selling stuff that way, which is much more convenient than the old way, just because they stand to make a lot less money than doing it through the Auction House where they can charge essentially what they like.

So then, six of my friends are coming over tonight, because tonight is Forza night.

We have 3 TV's, One 46 inch and two 32 inch. 3 Xbox's that are all going to by system linked. It's going to be fucking epic. Pics to follow!

Shit! :coffee: Quick fella call it off, there is no system link in Forza 3.

I'm a bit confused about something in the single player and wonder if overall I'm "playing it wrong" as a game.

I'm doing well in the single player to the extent that I can generally buy a basic car to meet the requirements of a new set of races. In a few cases, I've put enough money (over 100,000) in to upgrades and just bought the "race" or most expensive components and ended up with a top-A or reasonable S-class car.

Now, I get these races offered which may say "A 600" and certain restrictions as requirements. If I've got a car which meets the requirements (e.g. RWD, Japanese) but which is S-class due to my upgrades, I can enter. When I enter these races, I just wipe the floor with the other cars and generally end up lapping the last place AI.

I'm not complaining because my credits get a great boost, but there's almost no challenge to the races. I don't understand why it has the (e.g.) "A 600" base requirement if it doesn't have an upper level of performance requirement. For example, why not say "A 600-800" or something? It doesn't make much sense for me to be allowed to enter in my top-tuned car when it'll just be a walkover.

So -- first question -- am I understanding this right, or am I missing something?

Second question -- given that when I tune cars, I generally just aim to get the most expensive "race" components, I tend to end up with A-class or S-class cars. I think I've had one case where I had to tune to meet a max upper level of performance. How do other people's garages look? Do you have more than one example of a car model with different classes of tuning components, or do you have a single car with a range of bought components that you fit according to the races you're in?

This behaviour of just buying the most expensive components is something I've done since Gran Turismo 1, and I feel that I just end up with a garage full of cars which just handle like they're on rails and go like stink. All the cars pretty much feel the same at this level of tune.... Am I doing it wrong?

I've always had that problem with these games, at least Forza 3 gives me a good idea of what other level the other cars are at so I choose a car with the same PI, but like you say, you don't have to, which seems a bit silly.

I don't understand why it has the (e.g.) "A 600" base requirement if it doesn't have an upper level of performance requirement. For example, why not say "A 600-800" or something? It doesn't make much sense for me to be allowed to enter in my top-tuned car when it'll just be a walkover.

I could be wrong on this but I think the class shown for each series is meant to tell you what the highest class you'll be racing against will be. That would mean if you're wanting to try to keep the races even then choose a suitable car with the same class.

I could be wrong on this but I think the class shown for each series is meant to tell you what the highest class you'll be racing against will be. That would mean if you're wanting to try to keep the races even then choose a suitable car with the same class.

That was my understanding as well.

But, why would I choose to make it harder for myself without any reward for doing so? For example, do I get more reward for using a car closer to the max PI of the other AI cars in the race? I don't think I do. So why wouldn't I just take my S-class monster on the track, whizz round, and pocket the points?

But, why would I choose to make it harder for myself without any reward for doing so?

I do! I've been told that I do like to make things hard for myself many times :coffee: I do enjoy it more though!

Having said that I'd enjoy it even more if the rules were enforced. The best thing I found in GT3 was the Polyphony Digital Cup, which only allowed specific cars and no tuning.

The PI system is fallible enough that I don't really mind they let me use what I want. I race something competitive and I enjoy it a lot more than I would winning by 30+ seconds each time, but if that's what some people enjoy then leave them be. Personally nothing in GT fucked me off more than a race I just couldn't find a way to way within their restrictions so I'm happy to see them relaxed a bit.

Just had some great R2 races in the Japan GT Invitational which was a surprise as I didn't like anything above R4 in Forza 2. I had to try about half a dozen cars before I could find one that I could get off the line, but when it clicked - oh man. I love the contrast between how volatile they are in slow corners compared to how effortlessly controllable they are at 120+mph when the aerodynamics start doing their job. Magic.