Forza Motorsport 3

Vin

Screw social and interactive. My idea of a perfect night is my wife downstairs playing Professor Layton on the DS and me in the loft playing Forza 3.

This is what happens most nights when my mrs comes around. Around 10 o clock, she'll go upstairs and sit in bed playing professor layton on her ds. Whilst I stay downstairs playing forza :facepalm:

Im quite lucky because she knows how much I love games, and has bought me a psp and a ps3 over the course of our relationship, as well as many games. Plus shes a chef, so its ultra win.

How come there dont seem to be many people playing online. Ive still yet to race online, as every time i search, the amount of people playing is in the hundreds. That doesnt seem right.... :quote:

Add some of us to your friends list, that might help. Yesterday we had some good races going on, and there were free spots occasionally. If enough people come online, we could probably easily fill 2 rooms if the Rllmuk Forza 3 players add each other.

In other news, I bagged me a wheel / pedals combo with a nice discount :quote: So if you see someone snaking his way along the track tonight hitting all the barriers and swerving around like a drunk wino, it'll probably be me.

As the whole thing was closed & sealed I was wondering if I need batteries or something (and are they included)? Or does it charge Play & Charge style?

-edit- Ah, IGN says it runs off an AC adapter.

Indeed. Plug it into the mains, and fix it to something sturdy.

Nap, do you drive yourself? You'll find that with the wheel, this games comes close to feeling like the real thing (apart from the g-forces, natch :quote:).

Add some of us to your friends list, that might help. Yesterday we had some good races going on, and there were free spots occasionally. If enough people come online, we could probably easily fill 2 rooms if the Rllmuk Forza 3 players add each other.

In other news, I bagged me a wheel / pedals combo with a nice discount :quote: So if you see someone snaking his way along the track tonight hitting all the barriers and swerving around like a drunk wino, it'll probably be me.

As the whole thing was closed & sealed I was wondering if I need batteries or something (and are they included)? Or does it charge Play & Charge style?

-edit- Ah, IGN says it runs off an AC adapter.

Where did you get it and how much did it set you back?

Nap, do you drive yourself? You'll find that with the wheel, this games comes close to feeling like the real thing (apart from the g-forces, natch ;)).

Yes, I drive myself, although I probably will miss the clutch + gearstick

Bought it at Intertoys who have a 15% coupon offer (leaflets were spread early this week, but you can also get the discount if you order from their webstore). They sell it for €80, with the discount it ended up a very reasonable €68. Considering I've paid that amount just for discs in the past, it seemed rude not to.

Note that the 15% off thing is valid until this Sunday.

Indeed. Plug it into the mains, and fix it to something sturdy.

I have to find something to fix it to. The organ stool is probably not OK because it has a crossbar on the underside :)

Nap, do you drive yourself? You'll find that with the wheel, this games comes close to feeling like the real thing (apart from the g-forces, natch ;)).

Yes, I drive myself, although I probably will miss the clutch + gearstick

Bought it at Intertoys who have a 15% coupon offer (leaflets were spread early this week, but you can also get the discount if you order from their webstore). They sell it for €80, with the discount it ended up a very reasonable €68. Considering I've paid that amount just for discs in the past, it seemed rude not to.

Some might argue that, if you were hardcore, you'd have beaten him while driving with the wheel* ... oh no he didn't!! :)

*It's easier with the pad than with the wheel. :P

Well, there's all kinds of explanations for that ;)

Bradley was faster than me for a number of reasons. He received less damage in the first corner crash of that race: if you look at the long straight bits, I had to draft him for at least 5 seconds before I even had the slightest chance of overtaking him (only succeeding on my third try). The damage on the front or my car also meant a bit less downforce, as shown in some corners later on in the race (also because my concentration was starting to dip after 20 minutes of continuous racing).

Aside from that, he's been practicing on this track ever since the original Ferrari F355 Challenge arcade game (being a true racing simulator back then) and knew it better than me. He especially defended well in his trademark "Bradigor corner" (the hairpin after going under the crossover section). It was still a test of skill though, for which he (eventually) had the better cards.

So Brad, how about Road Atlanta next time? ;)

Aside from that, he's been practicing on this track ever since the original Ferrari F355 Challenge arcade game (being a true racing simulator back then) and knew it better than me. He especially defended well in his trademark "Bradigor corner" (the hairpin after going under the crossover section). It was still a test of skill though, for which he (eventually) had the better cards.

So Brad, how about Road Atlanta next time? :)

That's it, I KNOW this track I know where to defend and where to attack. It makes the draft and run from the final chicane to turn 1 very impressive, I literally could not defend. As soon as I made the move to the left of the track I couldn't fairly move back right otherwise it would of been a drive through ;)

I knew that if you ever got another chance I had to make you use the left side of the track and to be fair you very nearly did it.

You are correct on the damage side of things, I think I had a top speed of 2-3mph more than you and it looked like I was able to hold the corners with a bit more ease. We are talking fine lines here though and for me it was the 1st proper race we have had, great way to start.

Road Atlanta? Easy ;):P

Lol meerman, Street fighter 4 anyone?

I have been doing ok on forza with the Pad. The dash view gives you great visual feedback anyway.

Just caress your tournament stick and ignore meerman!

You are CLEARLY not hardcore enough, Uzi. CLEARLY.

;)

I love checking my storefront to see if anyone's bought anything. I'm a little disconcerted that an inferior version of my design by another player is selling though. It's a game in itself.

That raises an interesting point actually; is there a system in place to stop people just ripping off others work and selling it on?

That raises an interesting point actually; is there a system in place to stop people just ripping off others work and selling it on?

You can't sell anything that has anyone else's work in it. Everything you download is locked and can't be edited, only added to.

I thought I was doing well with about 100,000cr so far from my sorefront. Looked at Ayo Jube's storefront, think he has got about 5Mcr so far and the Americans aren't really up to speed yet ;)

In theory, I reckon this actually makes the core gameplay more balanced too.

I always found that in Forza 2, I could find myself a bit short of the money required to buy a specific car in order to progress to the next cup, even if I had completed all the other ones I could, and had the appropriate driver level. I'd rather make money by flogging paintjobs than have to go back over races I'd already completed.

You can't sell anything that has anyone else's work in it. Everything you download is locked and can't be edited, only added to.

I thought I was doing well with about 100,000cr so far from my sorefront. Looked at Ayo Jube's storefront, think he has got about 5Mcr so far and the Americans aren't really up to speed yet ;)

Ayo Jube has been in game for a few weeks. He's had the game early and contributes to the VIP paint jobs for Turn 10. He posts over at NeoGaf

In theory, I reckon this actually makes the core gameplay more balanced too.

I always found that in Forza 2, I could find myself a bit short of the money required to buy a specific car in order to progress to the next cup, even if I had completed all the other ones I could, and had the appropriate driver level. I'd rather make money by flogging paintjobs than have to go back over races I'd already completed.

In terms of money I can't use the stuff fast enough. I've only bought 2 cars and they've been for painting, not racing. For racing in single player I just scan my garage, maybe do a quick tune if I'm too far behind the fastest guy to bring me up level and then go racing.

Sitting on 1.5mil credits. I suppose part of this is racing will pretty much all assists off and on hard means I'm at about +80% difficulty bonus.

Ayo Jube has been in game for a few weeks. He's had the game early and contributes to the VIP paint jobs for Turn 10. He posts over at NeoGaf

I know, I posted up the first of his paint mode tutorials here. Haven't seen if he has done any more though. The incredible thing is that he is limited to selling stuff for 10Kcr and has a couple of things for free and still has amassed all that cash.

I was happy with my 4M but now I am not so sure. I just want to paint some stupidly expensive cars stupid colours ;)