Forza Motorsport 3

Vin

Meerman fail!

Basically wev, when your turning over long corners a pad user will tend to "jolt" although you can move the Ano stick quite slowly if you try - but the 360 pad is geenrally too loose and easy to move so you tend to turn a touch then let the pad return to centre, but very quickly like a flicking motion.

Hmm, depends on how you use the pad I suppose as my lines through the corner look alot smoother than Boozy's on all three laps. although its probably not perfect.

See what I do is I use the circumfrence of the analogue stick (i.e. turning through degrees) rather than edging closer to the sides, so rather than a right/left gradual motion, I use clockwise/anti-clockwise, especially on longer sweeping corners.

Will post the video I mentioned once I've finished it :P

BTW, I'm not saying a pad can be as smooth as a wheel, I was just wanting to know how you can tell, so thanks for clarifying (its a kind of "know your enemy" thing). I do think though that if you use a steering method like I've described, know the circuit and are smooth enough with your braking, gear changes and throttle control you can be pretty damned smooth with the steering too.

Admittedly I spent ALOT of time on Suzuka and Mugello on Forza 2 tuning my Oreo Mitsubishi GTO :)

bb56d82f-10df-4217-9b80-d244a3a5293.jpg

Think I need to try remaking that in F3

See what I do is I use the circumfrence of the analogue stick (i.e. turning through degrees) rather than edging closer to the sides, so rather than a right/left gradual motion, I use clockwise/anti-clockwise, especially on longer sweeping corners.

I did that too before I got myself a wheel for racers. Beats the whole I'm-using-the-stick-as-a-d-pad-and-proud-of-it method of playing. Like this person:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h-ehTkJAws&feature=player_embedded

:facepalm:

• 1 month later...

Roll up, roll up. Ladies and Gentlemen the Boozy Bargain Basement Forza 3 Blowout is on NOW!

Due to a technical hitch all my cars are on sale in the Auction house right now at a bargain starting price of only 1000cr.

Everything from Ford fiestas to Ferrari F50GTs, Audis to Zondas, F class to Le Mans.

Grab your chequebooks and head on down to Boozy's one day only megadeals.

It's happening right now. Log in to the Forza 3 Auction House find one of my cars and then search players other auctions to grab a bargain. This one time deal has only a few hours left.

All cars are low mileage and only one owner, who was a little old lady who only used it to go to the shops once a week. Pristine quality, a fraction of the book price, you could save millions.

george-cole.jpg

Come on down and let me see what I can do you for.