IGNORED

Forza Motorsport 3

Vin

29 Ferraris with full modelled interiors and an autotune button. Bring it fucking on !

Just want to clarify this point. It's more of an 'auto-upgrade' button, isn't it? Any tuning will still have to be done manually (by tuning I mean car setup, not upgrades). Is this right?

1995%20Ferrari%20F355%20Challenge_4.jpg

This shot in particular is getting harder to distinguish from a real life photograph at a glance. The F355 is probably still my favourite Ferrari.

Just want to clarify this point. It's more of an 'auto-upgrade' button, isn't it? Any tuning will still have to be done manually (by tuning I mean car setup, not upgrades). Is this right?

I believe there are both, but now you mention it I'm not really sure.

I believe there are both, but now you mention it I'm not really sure.

Yeah, I wasn't sure. In this PAX '09 Forza interview he mentions both terms (upgrading and tuning) but only demos the upgrades (3 mins onwards in the video). He tends to harp on the upgrade system and buying tuning setups from the storefronts, but doesn't show the auto-tuning.

I'm pretty sure there's auto-upgrade and auto-tune, as seperate options. I certainly hope so - I enjoy tuning but frankly I don't have the time to do a hour's testing & tuning for each new car I get (400 cars = 400 hours = 17 full 24hr days!).

In one of their interviews, they mentioned that you can choose to upgrade and autotune a car into a class of your choice. So if you want a Nissan Z in A class, you can tell the game to do so, and it will buy and install the needed parts for the A class PI, and tune the setup to a stock level, so that it handles okay. Extra finetuning to be able to compete still needs to be done manually, mind.

Superbikes '09 has a same system, where you tell the AI mechanic how you want to tune your bike. If it's understeering or jumping too much, tell him it does and he will change the tuning for you. Then you testrun it again.

In one of their interviews, they mentioned that you can choose to upgrade and autotune a car into a class of your choice. So if you want a Nissan Z in A class, you can tell the game to do so, and it will buy and install the needed parts for the A class PI, and tune the setup to a stock level, so that it handles okay. Extra finetuning to be able to compete still needs to be done manually, mind.

I also like that when it does this it'll tell you what it intends to buy, so if you do want to learn it'll help.

if that will suffice i'll roll with that. Meerman, will you teach me how to drive in this please :(

We can only give you pointers, you'll have to practice a lot and persevere.

The MS wheel costs £70/£80 ish, the Logitek one £25 ish, and the Fanatek one a whopping £400 ish but that includes 2 stickshifts and a clutch pedal. The other two don't have that, and use flippers on the steering wheel for gear shifters.

We can only give you pointers, you'll have to practice a lot and persevere.

The MS wheel costs £70/£80 ish, the Logitek one £25 ish, and the Fanatek one a whopping £400 ish but that includes 2 stickshifts and a clutch pedal. The other two don't have that, and use flippers on the steering wheel for gear shifters.

pointers is good, thanks man

Xbox Takes Racing to the Next Level with the exclusive Forza Motorsport 3 Super Elite Bundle

Forza Motorsport 3 to be bundled with limited edition console including 250GB Hard Drive, more storage space than ever before

LONDON – 17 September 2009 - Xbox 360 today announces the release of the ultimate entertainment experience for petrol-heads and racing fanatics, the Xbox 360 Forza Motorsport 3 Super Elite Bundle. Exclusive to Xbox 360, Forza Motorsport 3 is the definitive racing game for everyone from hardcore tuners to anyone who’s ever dreamed of driving at full-throttle. Backed by breathtaking HD graphics and bone-jarring physics, players take the wheel of more than 400 of the most-beloved cars on over 100 renowned real-world tracks and exotic road courses from around the globe, while new customization and sharing tools will further fuel the imaginations of the thriving “Forza Motorsport” community on Xbox LIVE.

Racing to UK stores on the 23rd October, the Forza Motorsport 3 Super Elite Bundle features more storage space than ever before coming complete with a 250GB Hard Drive, two Xbox 360 Wireless Controllers, as well as an Xbox 360 Headset and a Standard Edition copy of Forza Motorsport 3 for an estimated retail price of £249.99.

Forza Motorsport 3 is rated PEGI 3+ and will be available on the 23rd October 2009. For the latest news and a deeper dive on the game please visit http://forza.xbox.com and the Turn 10 twitter.

As far as I can gather, a lot of people here will be buying this. Make sure you're adding rllmukFORZA to your friends list! It's a Forza-dedicated silver Xbox Live account I've set up so everyone can find people to play against.

Would you guys be up for forum racing tournaments? Would we need a Forza subfolder in the Online section?

As far as I can gather, a lot of people here will be buying this. Make sure you're adding rllmukFORZA to your friends list! It's a Forza-dedicated silver Xbox Live account I've set up so everyone can find people to play against.

Would you guys be up for forum racing tournaments? Would we need a Forza subfolder in the Online section?

Proper tournaments would be AMAZE. Do it Meerman.

I find that driving with one foot like a real car is far better. 2 foot driving is pretty advanced I would think!

I had no idea you drove with one foot in a real car, that seems a bit counter productive...

If you want to do left foot braking, yes. But I don't and I still brake with my left foot. You should learn when you'll need your left foot for a big stop and bring it into play subliminally. Most of the time, my left foot is relaxed to one side of the pedal until it's needed.

You don't do left-foot braking but you use your left foot? I'm confused.

Bear in mind that you can't do left foot heel braking with a stand and a 2 pedal set up - the stand gets in the way of your foot.

Now I'm more confused.

Are you wearing shoes? If you have big feet and are struggling with pedals it might be worth investing in some driving shoes. I'm not sure what the pedals are like in a plane but when i learnt to drive i struggled to find the right pedal in my size 12s until i got some puma driving shoes.

Yeah, I was wearing shoes after the first go I had in socks wasn't great. I thought I was doing better with shoes but I was still rubbish.

I'm now back in socks though, as Meerman suggested, and I'm much, much better now. Well, better in terms of I can usually keep it on the track at a decent speed for at least a lap :lol:

I'm still way off being as fast as I was on a pad, but I'm slowly getting there - and it's still much more fun with a wheel.

Oh, and how much was the wheel in GAME?

£63.

They were selling it at £70 but I have the joys of 10% student discount. They had an offer on so you could get it for £60 if you bought DiRT2 at the same time, but I had no idea everyone else was into that at the moment or I'd have probably picked it up.

Hi Chaps,

Seriously thinking about buying the official MS Wheel now in preperation for Forza 3. However, before I dash out is this fully compatible with existing 360 racers? The new NFS, PGR 4 etc?

Would be interested in your thoughts on the wheel as well

Thanks

Alan

Hi Chaps,

Seriously thinking about buying the official MS Wheel now in preperation for Forza 3. However, before I dash out is this fully compatible with existing 360 racers? The new NFS, PGR 4 etc?

Would be interested in your thoughts on the wheel as well

Thanks

Alan

Yeah, most, if not all, 360 racing games support a steering wheel control method. Some games have been designed with the wheel in mind, others less so, however. You don't need a wheel per se, but it adds more to the experience than other gaming peripherals, since it allows you to 'feel' the gaming world through it.

Did I hear that there was going to be a new improved version of the wheel released at some point? I heard it a while ago and I've not heard anything since so I'm guessing no but a new wheel would be nice!

Version 2 has been released for a while now but has seamlessly replaced version 1 in the shops now. Nothing I heard about another revision. I'm still using version 1.

Version 2 has been released for a while now but has seamlessly replaced version 1 in the shops now. Nothing I heard about another revision. I'm still using version 1.

How do you tell which version you have? :lol:

[edit]

Mine didn't come with the force feedback edition of PGR3 which I'm sure they used to, I just got a Forza 2 demo in the box...