Pokemon Gold and Silver to be remade?

Major Britten

Pokemon is all about the social aspect of trading - hence why a console full adventure is not being made. At least that's how they rationalise it.

But yes this is great news because Silver was by far the best in the series. The rumour I heard was spring 2010 release in the USA, which if true would be amazing. If they don't have both Johto and Kanto in there though because one of the best parts of it was seeing all the changes over time.

Holy fucking hell. Whilst I suppose they'll use the DS engine and its garish colours and make a pig's ear of the whole thing, if they can just incorporate Gold's pale and pastel palette, melancholy atmosphere and glimmering soundtrack this could be a wonderful thing.

It's all about the art direction and the world, Game Freak/Pokemon Company, please don't mess it up.

What was better about gold and silver over the others then? I only played blue/red/diamond so missed out on the leaf green/gold/silver/turquoise/beige ones.

I wish that there could be a 360 version with full 3d with a game world like oblivion, oh well :doh: nintendo own it so will continue to release various rubbish versions on teh crappy Wii ;)

Why not just make a new Pokémon game? They're all the same anyway

Mostly.

I'll buy it.

Because this one has the best world (including Kanto), the best selection of monsters, the best story, the best Legendaries, the best selection of features and the best fucking everything.

Oh for fucks sake.

Yes, that's right Nintendo... take the best installment of the Pokémon franchise and completely tear it to shreds by giving it the Diamond/Pearl treatment.

Idiots.

EDIT : Ryan, I'd love to see the exact opposite. A return to the battles in Pokemon Red/Blue and Gold/Silver. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who would want the battles in Pokémon games to go a bit quicker. Attack animations have become boring since Red/Blue which is why I don't bother with them.

Because this one has the best world (including Kanto), the best selection of monsters, the best story, the best Legendaries, the best selection of features and the best fucking everything.

Yeah... and this one is conveniently already released, it's called Pokemon Gold/Silver and it's for the Gameboy... what's the point in them remaking it, especially when we all know they're going to go for the horrible graphics engine in Diamond/Pearl, as opposed to doing some really glorious 2D world with really high quality and detailed sprites.

Yeah the animations are annoying and pokemon stadium was crap but I think the other poster was talking about the FULL game world being 3d wasn't he? that would be sweet.

Yeah... and this one is conveniently already released, it's called Pokemon Gold/Silver and it's for the Gameboy... what's the point in them remaking it, especially when we all know they're going to go for the horrible graphics engine in Diamond/Pearl, as opposed to doing some really glorious 2D world with really high quality and detailed sprites.

:doh: I thought Diamond looked lovely.

Oh actually yes I would like that. Pokemon Gold/Silver remade using a 3D engine similar to Dragon Quest Monsters would be excellent, still, it's never going to happen.

At least they could let you bloody move in any direction, moving along two axis is just pure FFFFFFFFFFFUUU RAGE

EDIT : Ryan, I'd love to see the exact opposite. A return to the battles in Pokemon Red/Blue and Gold/Silver. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who would want the battles in Pokémon games to go a bit quicker. Attack animations have become boring since Red/Blue which is why I don't bother with them.

That's a fair point actually, the animations can drag out a battle a bit. Maybe it would be better with an option to have them on or off, or to have them on just for the "big" battles against gym leaders or for wifi multiplayer, etc.

Hmmm... It's all pie in the sky anyway...

Cheers,

Ryan

That's a fair point actually, the animations can drag out a battle a bit. Maybe it would be better with an option to have them on or off, or to have them on just for the "big" battles against gym leaders or for wifi multiplayer, etc.

Hmmm... It's all pie in the sky anyway...

Cheers,

Ryan

There is an option to turn them off.

I dunno about this game yet, I think I'll probably get it if they make it, but I'm still burned out on Pokemon Diamond from a couple of summers ago!

I would love to see a full 3D Pokemon with Online on the Wii, but I doubt it will happen because the series has been designed to be portable, hence the name meaning ''Pocket Monsters''.

I played Blue & Silver all the way through but lost interest about 2/3rds of the way through Sapphire & never got Diamond/Pearl. It would probably have to do something really different to tempt me back & I doubt a remake of Silver will do it.

As an aside, the most fun i've had with Pokemon recently has been in Smash Bros Brawl. Now that's my idea of a Pokemon Battle. :doh:

There is an option to turn them off.

I dunno about this game yet, I think I'll probably get it if they make it, but I'm still burned out on Pokemon Diamond from a couple of summers ago!

The option to turn them off means you just get to sit and watch them for a few seconds less but this time being completely stationary. It's really daft.

If in this day and age I can do an auto resolve on an Empire TW battle with over 3,000 troops taking prt and it can work out the result in a second you should have the option to make a 1 on 1 poke battle last less than 2 mins :doh:

I would love to see a full 3D Pokemon with Online on the Wii, but I doubt it will happen because the series has been designed to be portable, hence the name meaning ''Pocket Monsters''.

I played Blue & Silver all the way through but lost interest about 2/3rds of the way through Sapphire & never got Diamond/Pearl. It would probably have to do something really different to tempt me back & I doubt a remake of Silver will do it.

As an aside, the most fun i've had with Pokemon recently has been in Smash Bros Brawl. Now that's my idea of a Pokemon Battle. ;)

Err think the term pocket monsters is referring to the fact the monsters are stored in poke balls in your pocket :doh:

I never really found the way you could only move up and down annoying, I just took it for granted I guess. I can't see why moving in all directions would be any more useful, more immersive perhaps though. Maybe they haven't implemented such a control scheme because of the way battles are triggered? ie, you have to be on a certain 'square' for trainers to see you and walk up to you. Though I have no doubt this could be translated to the current games with a more flexible control scheme, back in the GB/GBA days that's probably the reason you could only move up and down, I guess they just stuck with it.

I'm still burned out on Pokemon Diamond from a couple of summers ago!

That was amazing while it lasted. I was gutted when you all stopped playing. I ended up selling my DS because that was the only game I played on it and once the competition had dried up it didn't get any use. :doh:

What was better about gold and silver over the others then? I only played blue/red/diamond so missed out on the leaf green/gold/silver/turquoise/beige ones.

I wish that there could be a 360 version with full 3d with a game world like oblivion, oh well :doh: nintendo own it so will continue to release various rubbish versions on teh crappy Wii ;)

you want realism in a pokemon game???

The option to turn them off means you just get to sit and watch them for a few seconds less but this time being completely stationary. It's really daft.

Eh? I remember turning off battle animations leaves you with just text... I'm pretty sure about this since I spent a ridiculous amount of time on Diamond.

That was amazing while it lasted. I was gutted when you all stopped playing. I ended up selling my DS because that was the only game I played on it and once the competition had dried up it didn't get any use. ;)

Yeah, great fun, but I'm still at the point where I couldn't bare breeding pokemon right now! At least I'd already have a load of Pokemon who are lv 100 and totally awesome for this new remake. :doh:

you want realism in a pokemon game???

Where do I say that? I want a full 3d game world version of pokemon. The kind where you actually see the pokemon in the wild and go for it rather than just wandering around in the grass until you finally have the one you're after go for you.

Where do I say that? I want a full 3d game world version of pokemon. The kind where you actually see the pokemon in the wild and go for it rather than just wandering around in the grass until you finally have the one you're after go for you.

I keep saying this, but the Dragon Quest Monsters : Joker engine is absolutely perfect for this. Unfortunately I can't ever see that happening.

A re-made Gold and Silver will be announced, it'll look exactly like Diamond/Pearl, the die-hard Pokéfans will rejoice, the rest of the gaming world will give a massive sigh as yet again Nintendo refuse to let a series which still has so much potential actually grow into something amazing.

I keep saying this, but the Dragon Quest Monsters : Joker engine is absolutely perfect for this. Unfortunately I can't ever see that happening.

A re-made Gold and Silver will be announced, it'll look exactly like Diamond/Pearl, the die-hard Pokéfans will rejoice, the rest of the gaming world will give a massive sigh as yet again Nintendo refuse to let a series which still has so much potential actually grow into something amazing.

the thing is - it's not as if they actually have to try.

I've only played Pokemon Diamond. That's it. Never saw the appeal of others as they looked identical. I agree, Pokemon could be much grander - but mainly, it's aimed at kids playing on their DS'.

- Legendaries that roam the map (encountering Raikou for the first time was the first time gaming almost gave me an heart attack caused by pure excitement)

Fuck I'd forgotten about them or should I say blanked it out. I remember spending fucking hours just endlessly wandering grass with repel on waiting for one of those cunts to pop up. It used to be a nightmare to actually be in the same area as them as well.

You had to randomly encounter them first and then endlessly travel between routes to try and hope you'd be in the same zone. Then you had to pray like fuck you had a pokemon with a fast enough sleep attack to keep them around for long enough.

Ahhhhh, I want to replay it. Hurry up and remake this so I can blindly hurl more of my cash at you and turn myself into a gibbering mess over it.

I always thought that Gold and Silver was the weakest of the generations, although looking at Velos' list has made me reconsider a bit.

I disliked the 'happiness' system it added, and the item evolutions, and most of the new designs.

I'll buy the fucking thing regardless though.

I always loved playing Red when it first came out and I've longed to go back and play it all over again.

Reading about the improvements that gold and silver made to the gameplay makes me think that I should just wait for this remake. The only downside is that now my Pokémon Rap won't be inclusive or exhaustive as the new creature types aren't included.

:unsure: