Pokemon Gold and Silver to be remade?

Major Britten

One odd thing. The Onix is a trade I made with an NPC in the first Gym leader town. Everytime he's in a fight he gets extra "boosted" xp. What's going on there?

Pokemon you get in a trade get 1.5x Exp :(

From the Pokedex i've seen about 45 Pokemon but only snagged 22 of them, is this pretty normal? I'm about 11 hours into it and just gotten to the Voltorb section and defeated the gym leader in that section. I faced quite a few trainers around there and they had some different pokemon that i'd only seen the once (Bulbasar, the little dino with the skull helmet) but if you go looking through the long grass all I seem to bloomin' find is Rattattas.

Dragonite is quite useful with the move that knocks off 40hp in one go.

I may need some help with my choices so i'll list who i'm using later today

That's pretty good, as someone who has played each game I only ever catch the ones I need so I end up with 100+ seen/4 caught or something. It doesn't matter at all until the game is over, just focus on catching what you need to get through the fights.

Stick with Dragonite and keep training him, it's got some of the best base stats in the game and will end up being a fucking monster, plus dragon type are amaze.

Think I figured it out and managed to get online. Received the mystery gift too (pikachu) so i'm all set for him/or her now (I think), thanks :(.

My current line up is:

Dratini (lv 18)

Quilava (lv 24)

Togepi (lv 13)

Nidoran (lv 13)

Kangaskhan (lv 14)

Hoothoot (lv 15)

Not very balanced, but it seems to be working at the moment. I also shared out tree headbutt, cut and rock smash to three people instead of using one pokemon to purely hold all three abilities (is this possible?).

Drop Nidoran or Hoothoot for Pikachu, electric types are great as they'll pound bird type and water. I've never trained a Kangaskahn (I don't bother with Normal type, except Miltank) but they're supposed to be pretty decent at higher levels. Togepi is a real slog, it will take a lot of grinding before you'll see any decent results.

Tips please. What should I do next?

One odd thing. The Onix is a trade I made with an NPC in the first Gym leader town. Everytime he's in a fight he gets extra "boosted" xp. What's going on there?

Any monster acquired in a trade will gain XP and level up slightly faster. I'd say the best tactic for getting through the early part of the game is to just use your starter for all battles. I rarely add too my squad as I go through the game, usually only having one or two pokemon for the first few gyms. If you can get to the first gym, beat all the trainers inside and the leader with your started they'll be pretty powerful.

Actually, I was thinking of Ralts, that's the one which eventually turning into a fucking super awesome fighting/psychic pokemon and it amazing. Togepi remains shit no matter how long you train it for. Drop the little fucker now.

I think people having trouble with the grind are definately carrying too many monsters. One or two higher powered ones are more valuable than having six as soon as you can find six to have.

Thanks for the tips guys. I'll focus on my main three Pokemon for now. I do like the Pokewalker. I tend to walk around a fair amount during the day. I'll use that to level up my Pikachu. One question though. It says the Pokemon in the walker won't evolve or learn new skills from levelling there. Does that mean I've missed the chance for those skills totally or do I just get them after some normal ingame levelling?

Weird thing just happened too. I transfered my Sandshrew back from the walker (along with a captured pokemon) and the next thing I know a Spearow joined me on the walker without needing to be captured. Nice touch that.

Weird thing just happened too. I transfered my Sandshrew back from the walker (along with a captured pokemon) and the next thing I know a Spearow joined me on the walker without needing to be captured. Nice touch that.

Sandshrew is a great choice. Another tip actually, opten pokemon with two types are a lot more useful. Sanshrews Rock/Ground combo is awesome. If you've got him you probably won't need Onix, Pidgey is shit, Totadile is awesome and so is Pikachu. Metapod is worth hanging onto as well, Butterfree is really helpful early on in the game.

Now I'm confused since the advice seems to be to level up the low level three pokemon I have which will drive me insane :(

What level does Pidgey evolve? He's been very useful against the 8 trillion grasstypes the game insists on throwing at me.

Now I'm confused since the advice seems to be to level up the low level three pokemon I have which will drive me insane :(

What level does Pidgey evolve? He's been very useful against the 8 trillion grasstypes the game insists on throwing at me.

Start over and power level your started, ignoring everything else 8)

board the SS Anne to Kanto now. Exciting times. Halo Reach, SSFIV and hating caves made me put off Victory Road for a bit. It's ludicrously short in this game though, so it's done now. Elite four beating team was:

Feraligatr (Lv. 46)

Weepinbell (Lv. 48)

Growlithe (Lv. 45)

Noctowl (Lv. 41)

Golem (Lv. 43)

Ampharos (Lv. 45)

Always wanted a Growlithe in my squad, so he's easily my favourite. He's always been exclusive to the other game, ever since I had Pokemon blue on the Gameboy. I had one in blue via trade, but by the time I got it my party was already overstaffed. This time I got him at level 14 from my housemate just before taking on the elite four, trained the CRAP out of him and then took him to flamethrowery glory.

Actually, I was thinking of Ralts, that's the one which eventually turning into a fucking super awesome fighting/psychic pokemon and it amazing. Togepi remains shit no matter how long you train it for. Drop the little fucker now.

Togetic is quite well liked in the metagame, I understand. But it is an ugly looking Pokemon, so I don't use it.

In HG, my Dragonite is now Lv 82 with some impressive stats. Next highest is Ho-oh at Lv 47 and the Red Gyarados at Lv 45. I have 12 badges and the Dragonite doesn't seem to have too much of a problem... yet, and has admittedly gained some levels since.

I am currently levelling my Umbreon which came from an egg (I also have a Flareon hatched again and am working on the other Eevee evolutions). I am also working on my Miltank.

I imported 6 Pokemon from Emerald to HG (took an hour to get Skitty). Now caught in the Pal Park. Now looking for Feebas in Emerald. This means looking for one of the 6 water "squares" (out of 400 or so) on Route 120 that contain it (reset randomly everytime you get a phrase from someone).

On SS I have 3 Badges with a Lv 31 Feraligatr and my Lv 30 Quilava (HG starter). I have a Lv 18 Dratini (from Dragon's Den in HG), Lv 19 Ekans (from Voltorb Flip in HG) and a Lv 13 Miltank (HG also). The extra Exp played no part in those trades. I just wanted the higher level Pokemon.

Really been pulled back into Pokemon. Picked up Heart Gold and am currently at Lv22 with my Totodile. Picked up 2 badges now, but am a bit lost. Taking a break for the night as I am now 5 hours in and getting waaaaaay too addicted.

Is there any benefit to stopping your Pokemon from evolving? I've tried to think too much about this game instead of just playing through it and making my own mistakes. Just beaten Marty with really only one pokemon who could mount a credible attack

The owl dude, but I had no actual attack move so I had to peck the fucker to death!

Getting Silver for my Birthday along with a DSi LL.

Question. Forgetting the 'collect them all' aspect is there an end point to complete the game? And if so how many hours do you reckon it is?

Getting Silver for my Birthday along with a DSi LL.

Question. Forgetting the 'collect them all' aspect is there an end point to complete the game? And if so how many hours do you reckon it is?

Hard to say, really - depends on how good you are at battling and whether you need to build up your Pokémon a bit before some of the tougher fights, or whether you try your hand at one or more of the myriad asides. Plus, there are essentially two end points - first one after you beat the Elite Four and the current champ to become Johto Champion, the second after you do the same in Kanto.

My son - who's obsessed with all things Pokémon at the moment - insists I try to catch as many as I can, but I've only got 125, I've got all 16 gym badges but not even tried beating the Elite Four for the second time and my save is at 70 hours. I'd say if you ignored absolutely everything else and just wanted to clear the gyms and become champion of both regions, you could perhaps slice a maximum of 20 hours off that figure.

I've started up again after a little break. Currently two badges down and sat in Goldenrod city with a bike. What's a good setup to take into the gym fight here? A guide I read told me I could get a female Machop from the Pokewalker to help with the Miltank fight but typically the two I managed to get were male :hat:

One tip I snagged from here was how helpful Butterfree can be. It certainly made my fight with my rival ARSE in Azalea Town much much easier.

Right. Voltorb flip can go and fuckitself. Nintendo to for producing that abortion of a fucking game. There's so much fucking luck involved that I can\t even get off level 1. I read a FAQ and the sodding thing expects me to do equations before I click each square *and* luck still plays a heavy sodding part.

Right. Voltorb flip can go and fuckitself. Nintendo to for producing that abortion of a fucking game. There's so much fucking luck involved that I can\t even get off level 1. I read a FAQ and the sodding thing expects me to do equations before I click each square *and* luck still plays a heavy sodding part.

You can't get off level 1? Seriously? The game is perhaps a little too luck-based, but given that it was replacing a slot-machine it isn't a huge surprise. Plus there shouldn't be any misfortune on the first few levels. It takes a while to get, but once it clicks the game is excellent.

I can handle Picross, Sudoku and plenty of others. I just can't see anything at all to click. After you wipe out the few 0 voltorb rows as far as I can see your next chunk of clicks are pure guesswork.

*Edit*. The current game I'm trying. I have every single dead space marked that is definately a 1 or a voltorb. The only squares I have left are a 50/50 shot between Voltorb and points.

*Edit2*. Solved but it involved two complete and total guesses.

The luck only seemed to kick in on Level 3 for me. Managed to get enough for Dratini in about an hour and a half.

Are you trying to do it to get Dratini? I might try and do it again and buy another one (can you do this) and send it your way?